DVDVR Message Board

I feel like I hit bottom Friday. But every time I think that, the floor shatters and I fall further. 

I have had worse times in my life. But I never paid so much financially and spiritually to be crushed. On top of that I sold one of my most prized possessions and I have nothing to show for it. 

Be well, Vic.  *e-hugs*

Ditto.  I know the feeling, all too well.  

Thank you both.

Fuck my trash.  For whatever reason it smells like someone gathered up all the 1/2 empty bar glasses with cigarettes in them, drank them all, barfed them back up, and let that ferment in a corrugated metal shed for a week in 90 degree temperatures.

I'm sitting here trying my damndest to not vomit myself.

That must've been one helluva party for your garbage to smell that bad and you STILL don't remember it.

Fucking work. BEAUTIFUL young woman with no wedding ring on comes into the office, and I can't even talk to her because I'm stuck on the phone listening to someone bitching on the phone. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE FUTURE MRS. DEWAR, PEOPLE!!!!!

• Like 1

So, between buying a new mattress, delivery charges, putting gas in my Jeep and buying my cat's prescription cat food, I've spent about $750 today and not had an ounce of fun doing it.  I get that there's things a lot worse than having to spend money, but damn..........

So fuck you.........stuff in general, I guess?

Fuck applying for EI. Thought I'd definitely qualify, only to discover that since I've never received EI before I need 210 more hours than I would if I've received EI before. That shit makes no sense.

I discovered the other week that my head is too giant to fit in a lucha mask.

It was the second saddest thing that happened to me up to that point.

hqdefault.jpg

Go with this. Obviously they call him Kraneo because he has a giant Zeidler sized Cranium. 

So, between buying a new mattress, delivery charges, putting gas in my Jeep and buying my cat's prescription cat food, I've spent about $750 today and not had an ounce of fun doing it.  I get that there's things a lot worse than having to spend money, but damn..........

That's how I was feeling after dropping $400 for a College course I need for my license renwal and the fact, I have to take a week of "unpaid vacation" to take it this July.  Sometimes it is what it is

EDIT:  I must say I like the Minnesota Purple Rage Title at 500 post

That's how I was feeling after dropping $400 for a College course I need for my license renwal and the fact, I have to take a week of "unpaid vacation" to take it this July.  Sometimes it is what it is

EDIT:  I must say I like the Minnesota Purple Rage Title at 500 post

Double loss.  That sucks.  I'll feel lucky that at least my mattress isn't causing me to lose money at work. 

A hearty "Fuck You" to the State of Washington for demanding $87.00 for a copy of my birth certificate. Let's see, it takes a person some five minutes to pull the copy, Xerox it and put in an envelope. We'll be generous and say that's $15.00. Postage we'll mark up to $4.00 because we'll assume that they use the most expensive possible option. So that get's us just shy of twenty bucks. $87.00, motherfuckers? Do tell.

This is just the first step in a chain the next of which will cost me $30.00 for a New Mexico State ID that I really don't need for anything other than this one time thing (I don't drink and I don't drive and I haven't been carded for cigarettes since the Reagan administration, so a State ID is about as useful to me as a third eye).

However, these are the hoops I must jump through to get at the $25K that McGraw-Hill wants to give me as a lump sum this August. (I worked for them for fifteen years back in the day and totally forgot about this retirement plan that I paid into, now some twenty-five years later, it has grown quite nicely.) Sure, there's a 10% penalty for cashing in early and after taxes I'll see about $18K, but that is more than enough to get my teeth pulled and pay for bolted-in dentures ($6K) and a newish car and still leaves a couple of grand to spend on books.

However, the idiocy of this is that McGraw-Hill contacted me by USPS, I responded with a phone call ONLY because I received their letter and packet f info. So in order to move forward, they need a State ID showing my current residence. Something about this doesn't make sense, how the fuck would I have even known about this deal if they didn't have my correct address? Oh, well... Spending a little over a c-note to get nearly $20K, I shouldn't bitch too much; but I really hate illogic.

I had a gnat stuck between the outside and the display of my LED TV.  Of course you don't think it's inside at first.  So you brush it with a scrap of paper.  Then, upon it's indifference, you use a little pressure.  Then, realizing you just killed the motherfucker you angrily consult google.  Then you stand up and look around your big fucking TV. 

You blow into the back vents.  You entertain notions of a late night excursion to Wal-mart to get a can of compressed air.  Then you read about a suction cup method.  Initially disregarding it because you assume the bug is smeared inside and slowly immolating itself into incandescent immurement. 

Then, at peak anger, you start looking for a small suction cup.  I went through some old toys thinking there had to be something that had one.  I never liked spider-man so no such luck.  But suddenly, ho,  SEGA SATURN STEERING WHEEL.  I contemplate pulling one of the cups off but think better. 

I carefully position this heavy sumbitch over the afflicted area.  It eagerly inhales.  THE BUG DROPS... about three inches.  This thing was in the middle right of the screen.  I realize that the suction cup isn't letting up gracefully.  I wonder if this will fuck up my screen.  I can't get a digit in to fingernail it.  I just pull back hard.  The outer film pulls further than you'd think.  It breaks free, no visible damage or weird rainbow gas puddles appear. 

I move the hulking peripheral into the new spot, then pull again and slide it down to the bottom of the screen.  I exclaim wordlessly and with great enthusiasm.  While writing this bullshit a small gnat flew onto my screen.  It was in front of it.  Was it the same cocksucker?  I grabbed that previously mentioned scrap of paper and got it to land upon it.  Then crushed it and confirmed the kill. 

A man's TV on the weekend is sacred.

• Like 5

Guest The Magnificent 7

I had a gnat stuck between the outside and the display of my LED TV.  Of course you don't think it's inside at first.  So you brush it with a scrap of paper.  Then, upon it's indifference, you use a little pressure.  Then, realizing you just killed the motherfucker you angrily consult google.  Then you stand up and look around your big fucking TV. 

You blow into the back vents.  You entertain notions of a late night excursion to Wal-mart to get a can of compressed air.  Then you read about a suction cup method.  Initially disregarding it because you assume the bug is smeared inside and slowly immolating itself into incandescent immurement. 

Then, at peak anger, you start looking for a small suction cup.  I went through some old toys thinking there had to be something that had one.  I never liked spider-man so no such luck.  But suddenly, ho,  SEGA SATURN STEERING WHEEL.  I contemplate pulling one of the cups off but think better. 

I carefully position this heavy sumbitch over the afflicted area.  It eagerly inhales.  THE BUG DROPS... about three inches.  This thing was in the middle right of the screen.  I realize that the suction cup isn't letting up gracefully.  I wonder if this will fuck up my screen.  I can't get a digit in to fingernail it.  I just pull back hard.  The outer film pulls further than you'd think.  It breaks free, no visible damage or weird rainbow gas puddles appear. 

I move the hulking peripheral into the new spot, then pull again and slide it down to the bottom of the screen.  I exclaim wordlessly and with great enthusiasm.  While writing this bullshit a small gnat flew onto my screen.  It was in front of it.  Was it the same cocksucker?  I grabbed that previously mentioned scrap of paper and got it to land upon it.  Then crushed it and confirmed the kill. 

A man's TV on the weekend is sacred.

Reason # 2,345 why the Sega Saturn was the best video game system ever.

Fuck you plague!

I was awakened extra early this morning by a very loud and uncomfortable stomach. I managed to get through my workout and get showered but have been a slave to the toilet ever since. I managed to do my morning show but JUST barely. I haven't felt this shitty forever.