DVDVR Message Board

I love Miami Vice but my God is some of the acting on that show fucking awful. Phillip Michael Thomas has to be in the running for worst actor to ever get a lead role on a major television program.

Going through "Smuggler's Blues" now and...yeah he was quite awful. There's a reason his acting career has stagnated for decades and he doesn't even get anything for retro stuff now. NBC really lucked out in a sense because they spent a shitload restoring the show and getting all the rights for DVD, and seemingly got them for every kind of media as well so they can actually recoup that money through streaming and reruns.

I love Miami Vice but my God is some of the acting on that show fucking awful. Phillip Michael Thomas has to be in the running for worst actor to ever get a lead role on a major television program.

I love it when he goes undercover and uses a "Jamaican" accent.  Take bad acting and multiply it by 1000.

I can't remember...was he always Jamaican when undercover as "Rico Cooper" or was that only:

1) On special occasions

2) In the first season before they realized it was shit

I have no idea what that is, but I'll just say yes because PMT is a terrible actor. He must be fairly good with his money though, because I guess he's been living off that psychic network settlement from eons ago despite having 10 kids too.

It is a weekend of schlock horror and kung fu on beloved El Rey.

Saturday has a repeating marathon containing Fright Night, Fulci's The Black Cat (Yes!), Bob Clark's Deathdream (originally released as Dead of Night), and Dario Argento's Opera.

Sunday has a rotating double feature of House of Traps and Masked Avengers.

Now with that selection I have to ask.  I already have Fright Night DVRed, but if I'm short on time and can only watch one movie out of all that, which one should it be?  I'd record them all, but my DVR is filling up rapidly.

You lose, jerks.  Over on Rural t.v. they are celebrating the 300th episode of QUILT IN A DAY with a special three-part "to be continued" style cliffhanger titled "Nine-patch and stripe Quilts" in which Eleanor will be making TWO QUILTS at once with nine-patches AND stripes!!!!  Are you fucking kidding me????

Some have complained in the forums that a three-parter technically means that you can't make the quilt "In a day."  WeftWarper1346 wrote "What part of "Quilt IN A DAY" do they not understand?  It's not the quilt part, I saw quilts.  It must be the "in a day part" because the day is over and the QUILTS ARE NOT!!!!"

But others, like TheCaftanAndChenille pointed out that the BluRay will have an option to play all three parts without a break.

You can't please everyone.  Some trolls in the "IQC" complained over New Year's during the QUILT IN A DAY marathon that technically 144 quilts over a long weekend is "NOT ANYWHERE IN THE VICINITY OF A QUILT IN A DAY!!!!!!!" 

They paid a hefty FCC fine for that fiasco.

So...

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKDISH HAS ME IN AN ANKKLE LOCK RIGHT NOW ANI CANNT MAKE THEO RPES!!!!!

• Like 2

Watching the Miami Vice ep with G Gordon Liddy as Sonny's Vietnam commander, it's hard to take the assassin seriously when they're using old Hanna-Barbera sound effects for his missile attacks. Yeesh.

Rodriguez is a psychic.   Logan's Run (uneditied) is in the El Rey OnDemand queue of my Watch Xfinity Online profile. 

I will check to see if it is also available on television.

Maniac (at 10:30 AM?! how cut is THAT going to be?), Logan's Run, and The Beastmaster again before Lucha Underground tomorrow, then a late-night replay of City of the Living Dead again at 12 AM CE. Oh, and The Outfit is awesome if you've never seen it. Nice and gritty, super '70s, and you absolutely can't beat the cast.

EDIT: Damn The Outfit ends with some great lines. 

"Are you gonna kill me?" gal asks with muzzle to her eye. Joe Don Baker: "I don't know yet."

"Why did you do it? You didn't have to kill him." "He owed me money."

and then to the remaining thugs, something like "Don't bother. You're unemployed."

Sometimes the delivery of simple lines can make them stellar.

GUsy bear iwth me im having a hardtime tiping becut myhands are shikking so mch but this showeup on asatelite webesit overhth wekeend:

Dish Network uplink report:

Channel Additions:
672 - AJMUB [MPEG2 SD] added to ANik Link118.7(AJMUB)(NA)(H)
866 - ELREY [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar 16 61.5W (ELREY)(NA)(H)
866 - ELREY [MPEG2 SD] added to Echostar 14 119W (ELREY)(NA)(H)
9815 - RITTV [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7 (RITTV)(NA)(H)

This is what shows up when they oare testin gout a new channel just berofe it goes life!

GUSSY I DONT KNOE whoat tot do with mself rig tnow.   I'm seriouly going ot freak out. 

• Like 3