DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers for 21st March 2014

The Natural

The douchiness comes through in the guy's "I'm above all this" tone.

He has to fill up his overview with snark, lest someone think he actually likes wrestling. What he described sounds like a decent show, and the WWE is far from embarrassing most of the time these days. So why the douchey tone?  He doesn't have to be a fanboy, but why go the other way except to make people think he's supercool.

I think you answered your own question.

• Like 1

Am I reading the same article? There is nothing snarky in that thing at all.

You either aren't reading the same article or are too settled into your role as resident DVDVR nice guy to notice the following seven annoying things:

The Shield came through the crowd to a "hey, look, wrestlers are coming through the crowd" pop.

Show humbly accepted the audience's adulation.

Miz tried to "eliminate" Show, but Show "eliminated" both Sheamus and Miz to "win" the Inaugural Impromptu 30-Man Andre the Giant Memorial Over The Top Rope Miz TV Black Carpet Unofficiated Unsanctioned Battle Royal.

After a pause, John Cena's music played and the kids went nuts for their hero.

Suddenly, happy fun time ended when the Wyatts interrupted.

"Houston, we're here," Bray declared.

Kids on a school night started heading for the exits

Am I reading the same article? There is nothing snarky in that thing at all.

You either aren't reading the same article or are too settled into your role as resident DVDVR nice guy to notice the following seven annoying things:

The Shield came through the crowd to a "hey, look, wrestlers are coming through the crowd" pop.

Show humbly accepted the audience's adulation.

Miz tried to "eliminate" Show, but Show "eliminated" both Sheamus and Miz to "win" the Inaugural Impromptu 30-Man Andre the Giant Memorial Over The Top Rope Miz TV Black Carpet Unofficiated Unsanctioned Battle Royal.

After a pause, John Cena's music played and the kids went nuts for their hero.

Suddenly, happy fun time ended when the Wyatts interrupted.

"Houston, we're here," Bray declared.

Kids on a school night started heading for the exits

If these guys comments are a call for violence then I don't live in the same world as a lot of posters.

• Like 1

FWIW, it's actually spring break for a lot of those kids that were heading for the exits.

"Of note, WWE was still selling C.M. Punk t-shirts at the merchandise truck parked outside the arena entrance."

Actually sounds like a bad sign, like they're just trying to get rid of them while they can.

FWIW, it's actually spring break for a lot of those kids that were heading for the exits.

"Of note, WWE was still selling C.M. Punk t-shirts at the merchandise truck parked outside the arena entrance."

Actually sounds like a bad sign, like they're just trying to get rid of them while they can.

Does Punk still get royalties? If not, donate them to 3rd world countries as a tax write off.

Of course he does. There was the great oneupmanship over Bischoff's book royalties when he tweeted about a check, wwe slashed the price online to pennies, Bisch bought a bunch, signed them, and auctioned them off for charity.

Honesty I really wasn't sure about the royalties with all this Punk confusion. You do bring up a good suggestion and I wonder if Punk would be willing to pull a Bischoff. Hell, this has good PR *potential, whether his departure is a work or not.

*emphasis on potential

And yes I was being snarky with the tax write off thing.

Does Punk still get royalties? If not, donate them to 3rd world countries as a tax write off.

There's a terrible "Best in the World" joke here. I'm not making it.

• Like 1

Of course he does. There was the great oneupmanship over Bischoff's book royalties when he tweeted about a check, wwe slashed the price online to pennies, Bisch bought a bunch, signed them, and auctioned them off for charity.

And then he signed with TNA and that was the last time he got one up on anyone. Well actually, he got paid for months to not contribute to the show, so yeah, he got one over on Dixie Carter, but that's a bit like spotting something before a blind man does.

The Shield-Kane stuff ruled as did Harper-Cena, which was too short. Still, it had a LUKE HARPER RUNNING RANA on WWE's top star in 2014, so yeah, it was impossible to not love. Rest was a show.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/wwe-sd-3-21-14.html

Screens -

aaf84e315854802.jpg

13a011315854814.jpg

c3060d315854850.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vd0qgaasqpw3cj2rvms9fy70hl32hecd

• Like 1

Somebody mentioned Corporate Kane being very over with their casual friends, and I get that. He ruled the whole episode and got monster heat in the first segment.

The four way was a lot of fun when imagining these guys reacting to the results of March Madness. Cesaro just "Nope!"ing Rollins with the kick was the best.

I don't care for the Eminem package, but holy shit HARPER VS. CENA! Both of them PISSED OFF about Elite 8 losses.

I think a full blown Cena heel turn on Bryan could be the next big thing in the Summer Slam to Survivor Series window. I think you could get the kids to boo Cena with something creatively brutal like what HHH did, but several months from now. Wouldn't even need the belt involved.

I popped for that running hurricanranna that Harper did to Cena mere seconds after Cena did one to him. Give those two like twenty minutes on a PPV. While watching it though I was thinking that if anyone said a couple years ago that Brodie Lee would be booting John Cena's head off on a Smackdown in the lead up to Wrestlemania...you would be crazy.