DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: FINAL FOUR: CESARO vs. ROMAN REIGNS

CESARO vs. REIGNS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK YOU CENA.

I was leaning Cesaro over Cena because of the time missed by John and the bit of a slow start after coming back from the injury, then I remembered that slightly over half of you suck, and voted Cesaro easily.

Reigns is a superman punch and spear. 

Basically, what he has is like the big bass drum in music. It's noticeable, and grabs your attention, but by itself doesn't qualify as "music"

I'm shocked that he got this far, and it ends here.

• Like 2

Bryan is the most protected wrestler I've ever seen with smart fans. In some ways it is charming that there is still one consensus favorite, but I also hate that he gets the benefit of every doubt. More bitching later when I'm not on my phone.

I know the draw is the draw, but this is saying that Roman Reigns is the 3rd or 4th best wrestler in the world. 

Ahahahaha. I love that you essentially wrote "I know this isn't what it means, but it means that actually."

• Like 2

Reigns is super intense, has a great look and all of his signature spots look really really good. A lot of those spots look good specifically because he's in multi-man matches where can set up the spear or his apron kick outside of the camera's view. He has been heavily protected and has always been booked as nothing short of a badass.

Cesaro on the other hand is the poo poo platter. He has made the absolute most of being lost in the shuffle. When given the chance, he impresses on the big stage. When treated as an afterthought in a meaningless tag on Smackdown, he'll always throw in a few things that make you go whoa. He's been semi-protected in that his finisher has been booked as death and he often loses but it is Swaggs who typically takes the fall.

My take is a huge reason why Cesaro gets so much love is he has been thrown into a bunch of difficult situations and always comes out looking good. The same can be said for Bryan. Reigns on the other hand has been thrown into a great situation and we have watched him develop and excel at it.

It's not an accident that Reigns has less than a handful of singles matches. The WWE knows he's the future and know that he is rapidly improving, but he isn't ready yet. That's why yesterday's vote was so comical.

I know the draw is the draw, but this is saying that Roman Reigns is the 3rd or 4th best wrestler in the world. 

Ahahahaha. I love that you essentially wrote "I know this isn't what it means, but it means that actually."

Well if it gets someone to think to themselves "Hey, you know what, I actually would've voted Reigns over absolutely anyone who isn't Bryan or Cesaro!  I am a complete yogurt!" then that post did its job IMO.

• Like 2

My favorite part of this tournament is went from something jademc went from despising having to do to something he's enjoying the hell out of, all due to Roman Reigns.

Congrats Dude!

EDIT: Also, Cesaro wins, but Cesaro was always going to win. Cena would be being destroyed to the same tune, so the whining is poinless.

The more tactically-oriented have already been doing so, whether it's complaining about limb-selling or referring to the fact it's only in the last couple of months that the crowd has even started to care about anything Cesaro did other than the giant swing.

I plan to vote for Cesaro, but I do think that you can make the argument that Bryan was better in tags along with having his singles year that he had.

I would argue that Cesaro worked a great match as the ace and a great match as an up-and-comer against the ace along with being solid in tags. What impresses me the most is that Cesaro comes off like The Man in NXT, then goes the next week and comes off like The Up-and-Comer when he takes The Man to the limit on RAW. I value that a bit more than Bryan being an awesome FIP and a great underdog. 

I also would argue that Cesaro has had to do more with less and has been as good or better than Bryan for the whole year anyway. 

On a personal note, I love watching Bryan wrestle, but all the strongman spots Cesaro has are maybe my favorite things to watch in current wrestling period, and he throws the best strikes of anyone in the company in my opinion with those uppercuts. 

• Like 1

I suppose we should start talking about Bryan vs Cesaro.

Ha. Well played.

The more tactically-oriented have already been doing so, whether it's complaining about limb-selling or referring to the fact it's only in the last couple of months that the crowd has even started to care about anything Cesaro did other than the giant swing.

Cesaro had the really good Main Event match with Kofi last spring that actually got a lot of positive press for a Main Event match, followed by the Zayn 2 of 3 falls match in August (and the previous Zayn matches from before then).  The "last couple of months" talking point is bogus, and besides, when was the last time Bryan had a lot of hype for a random match against someone like Kofi?

Plus, the giant swing is awesome and has been awesome ever since he swung Miz into the guard rail during the last March Madness voting period.  He varies it up as well, having guys fight out of it, which builds the crowd's anticipation for it.  It addition to that, he also has the uppercut, which is over almost as much as the giant swing.  

See? We have one of our tactically-oriented people now, A) pretending that there's such a thing as "press" for Main Event matches, B) pretending that NXT crowds are totally the same thing as WWE crowds, and C) ignoring the fact that the reason Bryan isn't having matches with the Kofi/Miz-level performers is because he's been so monstrously over the entire year that it would have been ridiculous for him to wrestle them.

And yes, the giant swing is awesome. Which is why, until a couple months ago, it was the only thing Cesaro did the crowd got into in between "We....the People"s.

You don't have to sell me on Cesaro being awesome. You have to sell me on him being awesomer than Daniel Bryan.

Someone has to sell me on the uppercut too. Because it's just a flashy shoulderbutt.

Don't be a Cock.

Not even.

Here is a Cesaro shoulderbutt:

r90BX.gif

Here is an uppercut:

tyson.gif

You'll notice the first one looks like a flashy way of disguising a soft move. The latter is fucking disgusting.