DVDVR Message Board

RAW 3/17

Phil Schneider

Say for instance the WWE pulls the trigger on NOT having Daniel Bryan win against HHH at WrestleMania....I wonder if there would be a full-on riot occurring or if the fans would be too passive/shocked to even do anything. So far the storyline for Daniel Bryan with HHH seems to be "we know more about what you want than you do and it's not Daniel Bryan" but part of me really wants to see fans storming the ring and attacking HHH post-match.

I still think that Batista is going to walk out of WM30 with the WWE title.

I really would love to see Judge Harold T.Stone presiding over RAW with all these arrest angles one time, in-character, but that might be too dated a reference for today's audience.

Face Shield is interesting, but what do they do with them?

Only if there's been a case backlog, and they have to hear ALL THE CASES before midnight!

• Like 4

Blood would not have added anything to the Bryan beatdown. It's not 1985 anymore. The beatdown was fine & great as-is. It didn't need anything.

The beatdown was great...really great actually. However, to pretend that blood is now "blase" and no longer a good thing in wrestling is fucking dumb. It worked for decades and, in a sanitzed PG environment, would serve as a huge exclamation point.

• Like 5

I really love how this played out.

Triple H comes out, says everything that a good face should be saying about Hollywood stars and Randy Orton being so talented but unable to finish the job. Then he adds the stipulation and for a second, you think "Motherfucker, he's done it again. He's stealing the thunder" Then in the final segment he's talking about respect and goes against his Stephanie - and then it all comes together beautifully.

This is the best Cerebral Assassin. Not the badass who overcomes shit through determination and technical prowess. The one that has to use 6 guys to handcuff a 190 pound troll so he can beat the shit out of him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if their match ends in a draw, and both are added to the Mania main event. But either way, Triple H is tapping at Mania and my pants will explode. And it has just as much to do with Triple H cutting the wishywashy out and being the best heel, as it does Daniel Bryan being fucking awesome.

• Like 2

Loved HHH basically doing Daniel Bryans promo about the journey and how they got there. It was almost as if Bryan was fumbling his lines in the back and HHH did a, "I got this."

Batistas spear looks like its a slow-motion instant replay. Which makes me wonder how slow it would actually look in instant replay.

I hate all of this Andre battle royale stuff. You had a 30 man over the top battle royale less than two months ago. It headlined a ppv. Now you're throwing all of your upper midcarders into a similar match? That's seriously the best thing you could come up with?

Seemed like Cena heard the feedback from his promo last week loud and clear. The tone of his promo this week was much improved.

• Like 1

I'm a little worried this HHH guy is gonna have some problems with the wellness test.

Hopefully we get an angle out of this.  HHH wins the belt at Mania.  D-Bryan demands that he be drug tested like the rest of the roster.  It is revealed at Mania that HHH had a clean urine test.  Everyone know that is not possible.  HHH says he would like to thank the man who helped him all along.  WHo helped him live a clean and sober life style.  Cult of Personality blares.....the new Two Man Power Trip begins.  We later find out that it was Punk's urine all along!!

• Like 4

Curious as to where they put Bryan/HHH on the Mania card. Does it possibly get the curtain jerker spot to give the rest of show to build up to the anticipation of Bryan in the match, as well as give Bryan time to rest? Or do they put it on right before the Main Event, so Bryan then has to go in to the Triple Threat match immediately after a grueling match with HHH? Or does it get a random spot in the middle of the card? Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Legit LOL at Batista saying “The reason they love Daniel Bryan ‘cause as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, you suck” and Orton's reply "You don't mean that, take it back".

LOL that was hilarious, perfect comeback from Orton's current character.

I hate all of this Andre battle royale stuff. You had a 30 man over the top battle royale less than two months ago. It headlined a ppv. Now you're throwing all of your upper midcarders into a similar match? That's seriously the best thing you could come up with?

One guy's gimmick is to talk as much shit as possible because he is on a giant platform and he's Woi Barrah. How do the angles do not write themselves? :(

And I still not too into the Authority angle. The character moving things along is untouchable and I think those kind of characters are useless. Even if it would early or whatever, Stephanie should've been hit by now.

I really love how Orton has been written over the last month or two. He went from being boring to pretty funny at times saying shit we all know is true about Batista.

HHH has been just as good, if not better, though. Basically everything Jae said and then some. I don't give a crap about "the ass kicker." I want the Cerebral Assassin. My only fear now is that with two weeks left, they shot this big angle too soon and now we'll get some mundane crap the next two weeks.

And I felt like a kid again marking out for the Lawler/Kane/Shield segment. Creative did what most people wanted and that was a face turn for the Shield. Last night solidified that. So everyone wins. The Shield stays together, they turn face, they stay badasses, and they don't smile all that much for WWE faces. Oh, and Reigns' OOOOOOOOOOH WAAAAAAAAAAAH before the triple powerbomb was awesome.

Fuck it. I've changed my mind about the Undertaker. I want a new streak started with Reigns as the heir apparent.

Piggybacking a little off of what Craig said, I think it's interesting that the big show ending angle that would normally be later in the build happened last night. It coincided with the announcement of an extended free trial period for the network, and I think shows a glimpse of how things may be built in the future, where the pay per view model takes a backseat to trying to capitalize on promotional deals and plugging new original programming. Instead of having a hot angle right before to keep the ppv fresh on peoples minds, we will now have them more sporadically, and falling at similar times to network discounts, major renewal points, or new programming launches. 

Good show tonight with the main event angle really selling the HHH/Bryan match for me. My favorite thing of the night though was Pirata Naomi. She should keep that look as it really makes her stand out from the rest. Well that and her outfit.

lol Naomi worked the hell out of that eye patch. Jean Pierre Lafitte would be proud. 

So, what was the Network announcement that Cole pimped in the first hour?  I haven't gotten to watching the rest yet, and haven't seen any mention.

They extended the free 1 week trial offer until Saturday.

so does that mean it ends Saturday, or you can sign up for the free trial til saturday and it will be good til the the 29th?