DVDVR Message Board

RAW 3/17

Phil Schneider

Blood would not have added anything to the Bryan beatdown. It's not 1985 anymore. The beatdown was fine & great as-is. It didn't need anything.

Actually the bigger problem is "when does the guy with his hands cuffed blade himself?"

Unless it's a Sid thing where he blades backstage and they keep it contained until the right time.

Blood would not have added anything to the Bryan beatdown. It's not 1985 anymore. The beatdown was fine & great as-is. It didn't need anything.

Actually the bigger problem is "when does the guy with his hands cuffed blade himself?"

Unless it's a Sid thing where he blades backstage and they keep it contained until the right time

whats a little hardway blood between friends lol

• Like 1

Unless it's a Sid thing where he blades backstage and they keep it contained until the right time.

how do they do that?

I'm sure I'm reading in to deep with this, but the "cops" attacking Bryan part of it was so great. Bryan is essentially a community organizer leading non-violent acts of civil disobedience against the system. Police using excessive force against the protester is a time honored tradition. Of course, being wrestling, we actually get to see the person in power abuse the agitator as opposed to most cases when they hide behind a suit and a desk.

• Like 2

how do they do that?

The story I remember is that Sid bladed backstage at Havoc 99, then they vaseline'd the cut until it was time for him to bleed during the match

I really love how Orton has been written over the last month or two. He went from being boring to pretty funny at times saying shit we all know is true about Batista.

Orton always looks to be at his best in-ring when he's wrestling Bryan.  The only time I think he looks like he's trying to inflict pain on his opponent is when he is wrestling Bryan.  Him and Cena have blood feuds where they beat up each other's family members, but play patty cake when the match comes around.  Him and Bryan seem to really take it to each other, which I enjoy.

how do they do that?
The story I remember is that Sid bladed backstage at Havoc 99, then they vaseline'd the cut until it was time for him to bleed during the match

Discovery of the day: "baseline" & "Vaseline" don't rhyme, despite a similar spelling.

• Like 1

how do they do that?

I think Austin did the same at WM 17, you can see the small cut in his forehead during the entrance. Rocky did blade during the match.

I really love how Orton has been written over the last month or two. He went from being boring to pretty funny at times saying shit we all know is true about Batista.

Orton always looks to be at his best in-ring when he's wrestling Bryan.  The only time I think he looks like he's trying to inflict pain on his opponent is when he is wrestling Bryan.  Him and Cena have blood feuds where they beat up each other's family members, but play patty cake when the match comes around.  Him and Bryan seem to really take it to each other, which I enjoy.

Bryan does bring out the intensity in Orton, he always seems a bit confused/pissed off that Bryan works pretty stiff and he dishes it right back, it's great. This goes back to their first encounters during the whole "Weak link" storyline last year.

how do they do that?

I saw Wahoo McDaniel vs. Curt Hennig  on one of the old ESPN Showboat tapings do it. Wahoo actually had a big "flesh colored" bandage on his head. It looked odd but it even looked like there was some make up put over it. They worked short brawl type match. Curt backed Wahoo into the corner and started punching away at the bandage until it started to slip. The he just pulled it away, it got kicked under the ring and Wahoo was bleeding. That one always seemed odd to me as Wahoo seemed like the type of guy to just eat a headbutt or a post shot if they wanted blood with no blade.

And to answer the "how would Bryan blade in cuffs" question, if it was in the cards, I would have just had Trips do it. He's an old hand who knows how to do it without killing the little fella.

I've got to disagree with any hate of the Andre Memorial Giant Battle Royale. WWE doing something as 'sportsy' as a trophy might lead to WWE doing even more sportsy things, like tournaments and...more trophies.

Holy hell, I forgot how good Triple and Steph can be.

The only thing that irked me last night was the announce team. Aside from them all sounding drunk and too cool to be there (honestly, they were completely embarrassing last night. If that had been a project for a public speaking class they would have been thrown out of college), I'm tired of everyone being all about FUN. "Goldust is all about being fun and bizzare!" 

What? No he's not. 

The Funk girls are all about HAVING FUN. There were a few more instances, and it's just getting old. Someone's motivation doesn't have to be HAVING FUN to be fun to watch.

Also are they slowly moving to have all of their black wrestlers coming out to the Cat's old momma calling music?

Ok, two things. 

• Like 1

Good show tonight with the main event angle really selling the HHH/Bryan match for me. My favorite thing of the night though was Pirata Naomi. She should keep that look as it really makes her stand out from the rest. Well that and her outfit.

lol Naomi worked the hell out of that eye patch. Jean Pierre Lafitte would be proud. 

I'm thirding the love for Naomi's eyepatch.  

I'm sure I'm reading in to deep with this, but the "cops" attacking Bryan part of it was so great. Bryan is essentially a community organizer leading non-violent acts of civil disobedience against the system. Police using excessive force against the protester is a time honored tradition. Of course, being wrestling, we actually get to see the person in power abuse the agitator as opposed to most cases when they hide behind a suit and a desk.

That part was so great. When the cops had Bryan pinned down with the night sticks, I was waiting for Bryan to yell DON'T TAZE ME. Would have been hilarious if they sat him up and maced him like that cop did to that row of protestors at Berkley a few years ago.

That part was so great. When the cops had Bryan pinned down with the night sticks, I was waiting for Bryan to yell DON'T TAZE ME. Would have been hilarious if they sat him up and maced him like that cop did to that row of protestors at Berkley a few years ago.

A) That would have been idiotic.

B) It was pepper spray, not mace

C) It was UC Davis, not Berkeley.

• Like 1

I also thought Bryan was gonna get maced in true occupy fashion as soon as the cops showed up.

Still think Trips choking Bryan with his tie would've been the best, though. Great video package visual sans blood, and just the right amount of "wink wink" for this feud, especially if they showed HHH getting a slap on the wrist next week for it.

I also thought they were gonna go with the police brutality on the Occupiers route. But then they would have been in danger of making the cops the babyfaces.

I KID, I KID....

One of those cops did throw a godawful working punch to Bryan back at one point which cracked me up.

I'll say this about the battle royal: As opposed to the battle royals that have happened in the last 10 years that have been preshow afterthoughts, they're treating this like it's a big deal. I know there have been some murmurs that the thing will take place on the pre-show, but they've given enough airtime promoting it already to think that'll happen.  

Also, this is one wacky goddamn Hall of Fame class this year.