DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 13: BIG E. vs. LUKE HARPER

BIG E. vs. LUKE HARPER  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Let's go.

I like Big E. a lot.  If he'd stayed in NXT all year as a dominant face champion, I MIGHT have voted him here as everything he did in NXT was amazing.  But he didn't and Luke Harper has been amazing everywhere.  I just really want him to bring the "Yeahyeayeahyeah" to WWE.

Sheamus? Undertaker is a ginger too.

Yeah Undertaker was the one I was then going to troll about. Shame.

Jae,  look at this disruptive behavior. He's like the cocky bastard admitting to it and getting caught on camera. 

This is GTV in action. 

Flex your power. You were given the mandate of heaven for this exact reason.

• Like 1

Jae,  look at this disruptive behavior. He's like the cocky bastard admitting to it and getting caught on camera. 

This is GTV in action. 

He can't. I am the darkness to his light. Without me, he doesn't exist.

Harper does some indy-ish stuff sometimes that I think takes away from his character, but otherwise he's been great. Apart from his twitter, I fail to see anything special about Big E at all. Sorry, Rippa.

Which indy stuff are you talking about?  I'm thinking specifically that the half nelson suplex and the suicide dive might be things he saves for big matches.  I think of all the things he does, that those two are the ones that don't really fit the rest of his set.  Because part of the charm of Harper (and Rowan) is that they have this sloppy untrained quality to them and I think Harper may be overstepping the bounds of his gimmick if he gets too fancy.

I think "Yeah, yeah, yeah" works much better in front of a smaller audience than a full-on WWE crowd which is why I think Luke dropped it from his act on the big stage.  Seems like an intelligent decision on his part.

Big Elliot has some really good pieces but he lacks a unifying whole to make him really work.  I would drop the rope running splash down a peg so it doesn't have two rope bounces before hand. I would also step up the suplexes and (if possible) add a few variants.  I really think Big E could follow the Rick Steiner/Taz template even with the larger sized members of the WWE roster and be an effective part of the show.  It would distinguish him from the other big muscle clothesline throwers like Ryback.

This is GTV in action. 

He can't. I am the darkness to his light. Without me, he doesn't exist.

I wonder if I can report this post without getting staked myself for calling wolf.