DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 10: ISHII vs. SMITH

ISHII vs. SMITH  

81 members have voted

1. 1. TOMOHARISHII vs. DAVEYSMISHII JR.

Smith would be better off if he wasn't stuck in Suzukigun's never ending fued with Bullet Club.  Ishii is having awesome matches toward the upper part of the card, Smith is the best part of terrible tag matches.  Ishii wins.

I had Magnus vs. Ryback in this matchup (because HOSSES?  I guess?), and I don't know much about either of these cats this year.  I'll wait for some arguments to get slung around.

Same here, man.  I'm probably going with the hive mind.

As I said earlier, I think Ishii was the best guy out of Japan last year that we actually got a sizable sample of work from.  There are a lot of things he does that I don't are for, but he had two Tanahashi matches I liked in a year which is a record. 

Smith is frustrating because I think he has shown flashes of real greatness.  In a lot of way's I think he's the "Opposites Attract" of wrestling constantly taking two steps forward, and then two steps back.  He will have a year or a run where he looks like he is on the verge of becoming outstanding, and then he will have a run where he's decent enough, but does nothing special.  This was not an "outstanding year."