DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Whatever happened to Declaration of Independents? I seem to remember really having it in for ROH for reasons I could never quite work out.

I really only messed with them when they brought Chris Hyatte in to write for them. I always loved reading his stuff as a kid

• Like 2

The guys running DOI left one by one until it was only Sean McCaffrey (Mic) running it, and he shut the site down when he became more involved in running WSU. He also didn't really love Indy wrestling anymore, so it wasn't worth keeping it going. I miss the site though, it was a good place for results and little bullshit independent wrestling drama you wouldn't hear about otherwise.

Whatever happened to Declaration of Independents? I seem to remember really having it in for ROH for reasons I could never quite work out.

RF was buds with the owner so ROH was evil and Gabe had FULL BLOWN AIDS.

I just remember Sean Shannon for Corino challenging him to take a bump and he claiming to have a disease that I don't think was ever brought up again.

Shannon being trans was obvious in retrospect. She still has a hell of a victim complex about everything else, though.

Wow, STILL? Some people grow up out of that shit. Jesus...

I really only messed with them when they brought Chris Hyatte in to write for them. I always loved reading his stuff as a kid

Wow, Chris Hyatt! I remember loving his Mop Ups as a teenager, I'm sure time hasn't been kind to those, unfortunately . I do remember some ridiculous premise he presented about he and Trish Stratus that either he really believed or really wanted everyone to believe, and shit got really weird. Anybody recall?

Wow, Chris Hyatt! I remember loving his Mop Ups as a teenager, I'm sure time hasn't been kind to those, unfortunately . I do remember some ridiculous premise he presented about he and Trish Stratus that either he really believed or really wanted everyone to believe, and shit got really weird. Anybody recall?

Oh yeah, the "future ex-Mrs. Trish Hyatte."  I don't remember the whole thing, but I guess someone duped him into believing they were Trish Stratus, and they had some phone conversations or something, and it was obviously BS. I also remember some kind of weird, gay, Triple H fan fiction or something.

Yeah, the Mop-Ups and CRZ got me through many a boring class at the end of high-school, first year or so of college. I also am ashamed to admit that back then I thought this Scott Keith guy had some real great insight on matches and angles.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Mop-Ups and CRZ got me through many a boring class at the end of high-school, first year or so of college. I also am ashamed to admit that back then I thought this Scott Keith guy had some real great insight on matches and angles.

I thought Scott Keith's King Lear analogy with HBK and Bret to be mind blowing at the time. High School kids are the dumb.

• Like 1

If this is going to descend into "Hey, remember that guy who used to write about wrestling on the internet", then I got two words for you: Herb Kunze.

Is that the guy that used to do PPV recaps based on $ value of the matches? To see if he got his money's worth at the end. Was an interesting way to it.

Edit: actually that should be an easy question to find the answer. They use to get posted in the moderated RSPW as well. Probably only 100 posts there total in the last 10 years.

Edited by Cole Miner

RF was buds with the owner so ROH was evil and Gabe had FULL BLOWN AIDS.

I just remember Sean Shannon for Corino challenging him to take a bump and he claiming to have a disease that I don't think was ever brought up again.

Sean claimed some sort of bone or vertebrae deficiency if I remember correctly. I hate myself for the fact that I probably AM remembering that correctly. 

I forget which site they were on (it was either theshooters.net or shootangle.com) but I used to love GH & Joe's Raw and Nitro recaps.

I actually replaced them for two weeks in 2001. I pretty much just ripped off their entire schtick. Then some other cat (Justin Shapiro or something like that?) politicked me out of the job.

I forget which site they were on (it was either theshooters.net or shootangle.com) but I used to love GH & Joe's Raw and Nitro recaps.

I actually replaced them for two weeks in 2001. I pretty much just ripped off their entire schtick. Then some other cat (Justin Shapiro or something like that?) politicked me out of the job.

That sucks.  Which site was it again?  GH & Joe had the greatest email addy ever: [email protected].

That sucks.  Which site was it again?  GH & Joe had the greatest email addy ever: [email protected].

I believe it was theshooters but I could be mistaken

To anyone still in their 20s, we all might as well be using the voice Charlie Brown's teacher uses.

"So you mean to tell me there was a time when you didn't even need an account to post on most message boards? But what kept the trolls out?"

"Well, waiting 2-3 minutes for the whole board to load before you could get to the post input box on the bottom had a way of taking the troll out of people son"

• Like 3

I believe it was theshooters but I could be mistaken

They were part of shootangle.com, but they might have been on another site as well. That happened quite a bit in the early 2000s.  GH & Joe were great. Their recaps were actually better than what was going on during the WWE/WCW shows. I only remember they were on shootangle.com because I use to do lucha articles for that site.