DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

• 1 month later...

Austin has had thunderstorms basically every day for the last 3 weeks. This is good in that we have graduated from 'severe drought' to merely 'drought', but jesus shit is it hard to be a non-driver.

And then shit decided to get biblical over the weekend.  Watching 20 foot deep water running through the House Park stadium this afternoon was just insane.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The high for some days is the mid seventies and on others it is the mid forties.  Welcome to the 804. 

I expect that my obligatory severe head cold thanks to crazy weather and my immune system going to shit after three weeks of night duty should arrive by the weekend.

52 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

This winter has been unbelievably warm.  That's not good as bugs that would have died in the frost/ice will survive and multiply.  The summer will be a 1970s eco-horror movie with giant ants the sky turning dark with mosquitoes.

Welcome to New Mexico...

On 2/13/2017 at 8:12 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

This winter has been unbelievably warm.  That's not good as bugs that would have died in the frost/ice will survive and multiply.  The summer will be a 1970s eco-horror movie with giant ants the sky turning dark with mosquitoes.

I do Pest control for a living, and here in Colorado I'm seeing insects that are supposed to be dormant or dead emerging all over the place. Boxelder bugs are not supposed to be active in Winter, yet here they are.

• Like 1

I keep seeing Boxelders all over the place. It hit 55+ today....in Wisconsin. This is double our normal. Note, this is not a "good thing" stupid old people who don't want winter.

• Like 1