DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

It's still brutally cold at night, but during the day it has warmed up enough that the cats are bringing lizards home for us. I guess that according to the feline thought process one can never have too many lizards... Nothing says "I love you" like a dying reptile being dropped on the book that you're trying to read.

Okay, Seven is chasing a lizard through the house and it is snowing outside. What is wrong with this picture? Lizard dead now and Seven is giving a seminar to Twister, Jackpot, and Newt on what to do to amuse oneself with a dead lizard. Apparently tossing it high in the air is all kinds of fun from the feline perspective.

Yesterday it was 60 and rainy. The low tonight is 21 and we are expected to have anywhere from 3 to 8 inches of snow and ice. Tomorrow night it will drop to 6 degrees. By Tuesday it will be in the 50's again.

The fuck...

Got off work lastnight even thouhg the freezing rain had stopped by time i would have gone to work.

I guess the trade off is going to work when the show is supposed to start and driving home in the morning through x inches of snow.

Well, I decided this morning that I was *not* going to work because there was already 2 inches of snow, and 4 more coming.  Looking outside now, I made a good choice.

However, its dropping to single digits tonight, so all this shit is gonna turn into a sheet of ice.  That's gonna suck.

• 1 month later...

Our high is 88 today. I went for a run after work last night and could really feel it all too.

South Alabama heat is the worst too because it's a combination of pollen, humidity, and hot.

What makes the heat so bad right now is that it's not actually hot enough to turn on the AC, so I'm sleeping with my head hanging out my bedroom window.  ARRRGGGHHH!

If you're on the ground floor you know that's just begging to be attacked by a C.H.U.D.

• 2 weeks later...

I have hayfever and this is the worst I've had it in years.

Thanks to the storms we've had over the past few days here in the 804, there hasn't been enough pollen in the air to trigger my allergies.

The downside is that we may get blown to fucking Oz when the storm front heading this way hits around 5PM EST during the afternoon commute.

The front that came through Saturday gifted us with warnings of "lethal hail".  That wouldn't have surprised me if it came from the local news clowns, but this was the National Weather Service.  First time I'd heard that from them.  Of course, I suppose 2 inch hail might be lethal if it whacked you on the head just right.

I have hayfever and this is the worst I've had it in years.

Thanks to the storms we've had over the past few days here in the 804, there hasn't been enough pollen in the air to trigger my allergies.

The downside is that we may get blown to fucking Oz when the storm front heading this way hits around 5PM EST during the afternoon commute.

I will prob get it tonight going to work. Hopefully, inside 1 building all night.