DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Pete's right, those gloves are amazing.  Are they on the right hands, though?

http://www.bearhands.net/

Seriously, some of the best gloves/mittens I've owned, it's SO nice being able to take your hand out of your glove to access your phone without having to take off the entire thing.  And since they're Thinsulate-lined, they're very warm too.

Plus, small business USA, etc. etc.   Go get some!  

Bringing this all the way back from a year ago because I got these for Hanukkah plus a pair for Cindy. They. Are. AWESOME.

• Like 1

Going to be single digit wind chills here in South Carolina by morning.

WTF WTF TWF TWF TWF TWFTWFWFEO:hg v;sdl kgiof :LZMXC

Same here.  Went out for lunch just after 1 PM and the wind was bad.  And it hasn't slowed down since. The cold I could somewhat handle, but this wind is brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

Tricky weekend for me. I'm driving to the airport on Sunday morning to park my car so that I can take the lightrail into Baltimore in order to walk at least a few blocks to get to the Greyhound station so that I can take a bus up to Philly, at which point I'll take the regional rail line out to THEIR airport and take a hotel shuttle from there so that I can meet up with a friend and go to the Rumble. Then the next morning I reverse the process. 

Problem being that it's supposed to snow around 3 inches on Saturday and maybe another 3 on Monday. Sunday looks like a decent window but I can see this being a complete clusterfuck. 

In fairness that sounds like a fucking nightmare in perfect weather...

That's fair. My one condition in taking this trip was that I disrupted my family life as little as possible. That means I drive myself anywhere I'm going, figure out parking, etc, and am there and back as quickly as possible. It would have been easier in total to drive to Philly myself but I'm kind of glad I'm taking the bus given the storm. 

• Like 1

Not sure how just driving the 90 minutes to Philly and back isnt the least disruptive option. But i have become "prefer to drive everywhere to keep control in my own hands" guy, rather than trust a train or airplane. Flight delays/reroutings and a 3 hour breakdown on Amtrak will do that. ;)

I'm fine with snow coming down in the afternoon like it did two days ago.  But Friday evening?  So much for going out tonight if that's the case.  And we're getting some Monday also, which will make traffic to my interview all kinds of fun to drive through.