DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

And this Raw serves to remind me why I hitched my wagon to the puroresu train and never looked back.

This isn't motivating me to make the trip to my friend's house and watch Mania on the network gratis.

This was golden tonight. Great show. The Punk trolling was great. I guess he did quit. They did a terrific job, though, of manipulating the crowd to not ruin the show -- just an epic letdown of the hometown hero not returning.

The Shield/Wyatts match was another fantastic match. In any other year, it'd be a MOTYC. But their Rumble match was better just due to time constraints. If this is indeed the last Shield match we ever get, then they left it by breaking up after losing in one of the greatest feuds in the past few years and in two of the best matches in a long, long, long time.

Usos were great, too. I hate the NAO but good on them for going full heel.

• Like 1

If Gregg wants to call the Wyatts/Shield match the greatest in the history of everything, I'll co-sign that.  I literally just stopped watching RAW, rewound it and watched the whole thing again.  Absolutely loved every second of it.  Berzerk Rollins ruled it.

But, just kidding, what I'll remember is that Shield-Wyatts match.  You can pedigree Daniel Bryan in the middle of the ring every week, burn an effigy of the DVDVR, and make Stephanie McMahon champion and I won't care, because I got to see that Shield-Wyatts match.  Rollins flying everywhere and landing on his feet.  Reigns stealing the show with his big moves.  Ambrose being sleazy and unstoppable.  Rowan being a powerhouse and THAT incredible back-bump over the desk.  Wyatt being the mastermind and awesome.  And Harper being the best wrestler in the world.  

Also the Usos moment was really incredible.

No complaints here, whatsoever.

No one is going to care due to the show's hijacks, but I told yall in one these Raw threads a few weeks back that Brock wild ass was going to hurt a fan throwing chairs and shit around like some bear in a convenience store.  Apparently, he clocked one tonight too if twitter is too be trusted.  Protect your neck, WWE audience.

Jesse Pinkman is pushing Need for Speed hard but I think it's going to against a Tyler Perry movie that weekend.  Decisions, decisions.

I actually didn't hate this show, assuming they do the right thing and put Bryan over HHH, Batista, and Orton in the same night at WM.

Which, yeah, fat chance.

I liked Shield/Wyatts, which was more violent than at RR, but I liked the story of the Wyatts picking off the Shield one by one before beating Reigns after a valiant effort by the latter at RR better. 

I do like HHH and Steph's promos.  " 21 trucks pulled up to this arena tonight and made it look like this, for you.  My family made that happen for you."
  That shit is so real-life Vince I felt a little nauseous for a second.

Also liked that the "manhood" thing didn't work this time on HHH.  And that Bryan will have to resort to the sort-of heel tactic which is to just attack and torment the guy so he has to fight you.  What would Austin do? 

He took Kane out so fast, it's like he's leveled up and the old boss isn't a challenge anymore.  It's just a matter of how big a wall HHH can keep between him and Austi....Bryan.

It was a great show and further proof that you don't need Punk. And I've been a Punk guy since 2001. And condescending Trips is wonderful, especially in that atmosphere. People, including me, are always bitching about no real heel heat anymore. There you go, just a different way of getting it.

-J\/\/

It's going to be really sad when those fans realize on the drive home that Punk could have saved them the disappointment and said, "Hey I'm not really going to be there." at any time. 

• Like 7

Brock adopting the Heyman version of his name to me is like a major long-term character development for him.  It's like Cesar learning how sign the difference between "us and them" in PLANET OF THE APES.

Hopefully it will lead to something more like the superior TERRA CHIMP series.

Outstanding show tonight.

-Heyman was legendary. Holding the mic out there dangling like "alright, go ahead.. no..louder... you can do it"  and cut an amazing promo. Only Heyman could have done that and then he still manages to work it all the way back to Undertaker vs. Lesnar. Great stuff.

-Usos finally won the belts.

-Shield/Wyatts was awesome once again. Not as good as their PPV match but still very good and I love the story they are telling with The Shield.

-Bryan/HHH is receiving a proper build... Bryan was the man out there until the numbers caught up to him.

Anyone shitting on the show...  I don't know what else you want..   Great stuff.

• Like 1