DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 4 USO vs. CHRISTIAN

J. USO vs. CHRISTIAN  

93 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL IT BE NOW?!

• THE GOOD USO
    • THE GOOD CHRISTIAN

Christian has been really good the last few weeks, but he really doesn't have much of a year. He was out for the vast majority of it, and while he had some good matches, the depth doesn't match the Usos.

I have no clue how far the Usos can go, but they should get past Christian. A part of many really good tags with multiple partners and opponents. Though the match with Rollins and Reigns on the pre-show is probably the high light: That match was really damn good.

• Like 1

In what is probably the best 'worker roster' I've ever seen in the WWE, J Uso has been a consistently entertaining performer.

Christian has been solid since his return, and his tag with Sheamus vs the Real Americans was a lot of fun, but Uso is showing a lot of fire- the 'suck it' splash in the feud with NAO and wondering what exactly it is 'we didn't know' to Road Dogg on commentary should be enough for the Usos to reverse a Killswitch into a Samoan Superkick. 

It's close for me. For whatever reason, I have a strong sentimental attachment to Christian, and this is my first DVDVR as a participant, so I want to make a statement, but I can't vote for a guy who missed a big chunk of the year over a guy who has been consistently entertaining throughout. Tough 1st round draw for Captain Charisma...

The Usos have shown a lot of depth this year in their various tags, from the crazy spotfests to the drawn out six mans, to matches where they were really able to get the fans behind them and garner sympathy and enthusiasm. It's a tough call.I really like Christian and he actually might have shown more range between the Del Rio stuff, a few babyface tags, the Orton match, and then his great heel BURST against Bryan at Elimination Chamber and on the Raw match. 

There's very little I've enjoyed in the entire year as much as Christian dickishly decimating Bryan's shoulder. I'll probably have to go for him mainly out of my own personal bias and the few things he did do, but I expect Mr. Uso to go over here and I'm perfectly cool with that.

• Like 1

I can't in good conscience vote against Christian for being injured all the time when I know I'm going to vote for Henry and Lesnar later.

I think in some years, an USO would've been a lone bright spot in terms of work in the wwe, and they have improved tremendously. I think their year has been aided by being in a lot of matches with other great tag guys. That being said, I still don't really feel attachment to them as workers in that I find myself rather nonplussed with the idea of their impending tag title reign or even feuds with new teams once they win. I will give them credit for being able to get over as pure babyfaces in a period where that isn't as easy to do.

While Christian wasn't on much, he was consistently great when he was. Like Matt, I loved Christian as dick heel a few weeks back. I think for me this comes down to a personal preference, but I'm fine with either side winning.

I can't in good conscience vote against Christian for being injured all the time when I know I'm going to vote for Henry and Lesnar later.

I think in some years, an USO would've been a lone bright spot in terms of work in the wwe, and they have improved tremendously. I think their year has been aided by being in a lot of matches with other great tag guys. That being said, I still don't really feel attachment to them as workers in that I find myself rather nonplussed with the idea of their impending tag title reign or even feuds with new teams once they win. I will give them credit for being able to get over as pure babyfaces in a period where that isn't as easy to do.

While Christian wasn't on much, he was consistently great when he was. Like Matt, I loved Christian as dick heel a few weeks back. I think for me this comes down to a personal preference, but I'm fine with either side winning.

I certainly hope you are just talking about round 1 in regards to Henry...

The Usos are fantastic and have rounded into a strong tag team. I think, at this point, I would rather watch Christian than an Usos match, but just because Christian plays that wily vet part so well, especially now that he's heel. I loved his opportunism in the EC this past PPV where he would go for pins off of other guys' moves and would only take a big risk when he desperately needed to in order to survive or start clearing guys out of the ring (the splash on Sheamus) as opposed to in the past, when he'd do that sort of thing regularly in ladder matches.

The only problem is that he's been injured and the Usos haven't. I think my two favorite performances this calendar year between the two are from Christian (EC, vs. Sheamus of all people on RAW), but the Usos have been very good over more matches, and I think I have to give it to them in this case because unless the quality is EXTREMELY high in my view, I can't outvote the quantity of good stuff the Usos have put out. 

Torn here.  Whenever an Uso is about to come out you know you're going to get an very watchable above-average, sometimes excellent match with lots of intensity. There are very few wrestlers I can say that about. 

But at this point for me, Christian is teaching a clinic. The more I understand about psychology and the lay out of wrestling matches, the more I enjoy Christian.

Christian is great. I always like watching Christian matches. They're always smart and well-built and fun. His match against ADR at SummerSlam was terrific.

But I look forward to Uso matches. I am emotionally invested in seeing those guys get the titles. They've been a huge part of the best part about Raw -- fill up those three hours with lengthy, high-end matches. They have one of the coolest entrances. They also serve a need as being really great, believable babyfaces. They also always add some sort of electric moment with their great dives -- I really love their dive/tag-in spot.

Usos. It's a good battle but the future is now!

Voted for Uso for two reasons.

The first is that a full body of matches is going to get my vote over a handful of strong performances every time unless one of those handful of performances includes a true MOTYC and Christian doesn't have that. 

The second is that voting for "Uso" now allows me to make arguments on behalf of voting for The Shield as a collective later in the process when superior candidates have been eliminated via mafia influenced bracketing.  

I've been on the Uso bandwagon for a while.   I remember them being on NXT and doing the "Uuuuuu....soooooo!" callback with the audience and going "Wait, why aren't these guys on TV?"  I'm not sure I've disliked an Uso match all year.  Everything they do is entertaining and I'm particularly fond of their reckless, dangerous, no regards for themselves dives over the ropes.

Plus, no Uso went on TV, as a face, and started a "Spear Spear Spear!" chant that no one in the audience picked up on and was just the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Either Uso takes this for me. I like Christian more since his turn, but every time I think about him, all I can think of is that stupid spot where he jumps over the top rope and to the floor just to land, then punch a guy in the face. I can't stand that spot for some reason.

• Like 1

Either Uso takes this for me. I like Christian more since his turn, but every time I think about him, all I can think of is that stupid spot where he jumps over the top rope and to the floor just to land, then punch a guy in the face. I can't stand that spot for some reason.

Because it's fucking stupid.  Why risk blowing out a knee or ankle to land a punch?