DVDVR Message Board

MARCH PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Any time is Vader time.

Except when Vader fell on his ass during his Raw appearance in 2007 or calling himself a big, fat piece of shit after losing to Kane at Over the Edge '98. Those times were not Vader Time.

• Like 3

Are you implying there may not be something seriously wrong with Mad Man Pondo. Because that's a dude who may not think the same things that we do are awesome. Like I don't think being stapled in the head is all that awesome but Pondo seems too, his ideas of what is good seems to be way different than the average person.

Volkoff:

1) has a really awesome origin story in how he escaped to the West.

2) great in mid south in 83-84

3) was absurdly over as a babyface in 90

4) legitimately hated the Soviet Union and felt like he was attacking them by portraying his bad guy character

5) is pretty touching in his HOF speech.

• Like 2

Volkoff:

4) legitimately hated the Soviet Union and felt like he was attacking them by portraying his bad guy character

And he was a Mongol.

Volkoff:

6) Got hit in the head with an apple while singing the Anthem at the Spectrum and didn't miss a beat. It was awesome.
  • Like 3

Yeah but it's like if you asked me who my favorite wrestlers were, you'd agree they're all awesome- unless there was something seriously wrong with you.

I don't think any of them are that random.

I would hope that everybody's top ten list would include some random, oddball, need to be explained, for personal reasons wrestlers, and not just obviously the best or most popular (mainstream or smarky) choices. It might be because they were your favorites growing up or you met them in an airport and had drinks with them or they saved you from a burning car or such. Maybe you can't even explain what appeals to you about that wrestler, but I like when folks have to tell why (not justify) the inclusion of some oddball worker - it gives insight into their own personality.

random is good,

RAF

• Like 2