DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

hold up.. When most wrestlers politic their way into the main event scene and/or "protect their spot" it's bullshit but if Punk is inserted into the main event after the stunt he pulled, it's cool?

Explain that one.

When it comes to the Mania Main Event being anything other than Orton and Batista 1 on 1, the ends justify the means.

• Like 2

Part of me wants to see them put Punk into the WM main instead of Bryan just to see the inevitable civil war between their fan bases erupt but the other part of me wants Punk to stay away forever.

That's why I think it would highly entertaining to see Daniel Bryan inserted into the title match, only to have Punk do a surprise run-in and cost Bryan the match because he is jealous.

I've never heard that story, the whole "Punk quitting because he didn't want to lose to Cesaro" bit. For all I know, however, it could be true. If that's the case, that's a pretty shitty reason to walk out, especially since they're INDY BROS~! and stuff. And by that point in time, Cesaro would have been on a massive hot streak, so it makes sense for him to beat Punk. I thought I read the reason he left was the general direction the booking went leading up to the Rumble.

hold up.. When most wrestlers politic their way into the main event scene and/or "protect their spot" it's bullshit but if Punk is inserted into the main event after the stunt he pulled, it's cool?

Explain that one.

When it comes to the Mania Main Event being anything other than Orton and Batista 1 on 1, the ends justify the means.

Randy Orton getting Bruiser Brody'ed in the shower in Chicago?

I've never heard that story, the whole "Punk quitting because he didn't want to lose to Cesaro" bit. For all I know, however, it could be true. If that's the case, that's a pretty shitty reason to walk out, especially since they're INDY BROS~! and stuff. And by that point in time, Cesaro would have been on a massive hot streak, so it makes sense for him to beat Punk. I thought I read the reason he left was the general direction the booking went leading up to the Rumble.

That was part of the rumors about a massive rewrite less than two hours before the Raw with the six-man qualifer for the Elimination Chamber.

I didn't see the story about him not wanting to lose to Cesaro but even if we just accept the idea that he left because he didn't like the direction of his character..  the only guy on the active roster who has been booked stronger than Punk is Cena. That's why I feel these chants and plans for hijacking shows to spite WWE are ridiculous. Bryan, I can understand. He's never made it to the level Punk has. Punk is the #2 guy. If you are a Punk fan, what is there to complain about?  Other than him not being John Cena... 

I'm pretty sure the only reason Punk fans are complaining now is because, uh, he isn't on TV. That's... that's it, really. I'm certainly not complaining. Punk is one of my favorites, but there's enough going on in WWE these days that I kind of just forgot he wasn't on the show anymore. And the only reason I was/am defending him walking out is because you asked someone to defend his POV. I can see both sides of the story, really.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be shocked if a large portion of the crowd chanting his name didn't know he walked out voluntarily. I'm not surprised at the stupidity of your normal wrestling fan anymore.

• Like 2

He's not on TV because he chose to leave. Do these Punk fans realize that he was not forced out? What is the logic behind all of this?

The logic is he's a whiny bitch and whiny bitches recognise whiny bitches and they're just basically CM Punk'ing the show. The only way it could be whinier is if it was CM Punk vs CM Punk in a Steel CM Punk in Chicago.

• Like 6

Nattie is certainly one of the worst Divas that actually wrestles on a regular basis. Eva Marie doesn't really count, neither does Rosa. Aksana isn't very good but at the very least she seems to be getting better and improving in the ring while Nattie is just as bad as she's always been. I'd much rather see Aksana in a match than Nattie at this stage and it's not really even close.

Was Bruiser Bedlam/Johnny K-9 any good?

• Like 1

I don't get the right/wrong or good/bad of this.  It's wrestling.  If he manipulates the company to get more out of them than they wanted to give him, either from a money or booking standpoint...he wins.

This is the most Machiavellian business outside of the mob.  What I like about Punk's thing now is that it's one of the few times we see that everyone is up for grifting.  Everyone from the regular marks, to the smarks who are now being used for leverage (I guess, if that's a thing that can happen), to the "loyal workers" who are being used on the other side, to HHH and even Vince themselves who are having their egos goaded and are trying to be grifted into thinking one guy is worth more to them that he probably is.

It's pretty fantastic.  Every single person in this is a mark or potential mark on some level, including Punk who may be way overplaying the support he thinks is out there, or just marking out for his own self image as the guy who swerves the business every few months.

• Like 3

I don't get the right/wrong or good/bad of this.  It's wrestling.  If he manipulates the company to get more out of them than they wanted to give him, either from a money or booking standpoint...he wins.

This is the most Machiavellian business outside of the mob.  What I like about Punk's thing now is that it's one of the few times we see that everyone is up for grifting.  Everyone from the regular marks, to the smarks who are now being used for leverage (I guess, if that's a thing that can happen), to the "loyal workers" who are being used on the other side, to HHH and even Vince themselves who are having their egos goaded and are trying to be grifted into thinking one guy is worth more to them that he probably is.

It's pretty fantastic.  Every single person in this is a mark or potential mark on some level, including Punk who may be way overplaying the support he thinks is out there, or just marking out for his own self image as the guy who swerves the business every few months.

It is ironic that the smarkiest douchiest fans have picked the guy who cares so little about what they do. Bit like Hitler's ideal being the exact opposite of what he looked like himself.

I don't think it's right or wrong from Punk's perspective...Maybe a little whiny but I am obviously not on the inside nor do I know what's going on in his head. 

On one hand, I look at it and think "why the fuck would he of all people be unhappy? He's #2"  but on the other hand, When it comes to income, everyone has the right to go after it and obtain as much financial security as they can etc. etc..   It's business.

My main issue is with his fans. Not all of them, just the idiots who chant at these shows like they believe WWE fucked him over somehow..  Plus, it makes me happy because these are the people who whined about the politicking of others for years but now their guy is in that position and they have become hypocrites.

Was Bruiser Bedlam/Johnny K-9 any good?

No. Good look for the time but complete drizzles in the ring. Also a horrific human being.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'd have to think his awfulness in the ring combined with all the various murder allegations and other horrible deeds would make him the clear winner of the "Worst Canadian Wrestler". Surely he's worse than Lance Storm.

Are we seriously entertaining the idea that Natalya is the worst diva on their active roster? When did Rob Ford and his crack pipe sign up?

No, just the worst among the Divas that actively wrestle on TV every week.

• Like 1

Maybe Punk is just having the joy sucked out of his life so badly that whispered comparisons to Chris Benoit are applicable.