DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

You would think people would know how to take the fucking Styles Clash by now. Jesus christ.

And on that Canada tip.. my first thought was Lance Storm. Say/think what you will but he's probably the most boring Canadian wrestler of all time (behind Bret Hart).

hey, Triple H did it and he got control of the company years down the line. Why not, fuck it. ;)

Unless there's a McMahon daughter that I am forgetting..  that seems unlikely. Even so, I just want an explanation for why backstage politicking is cool for some, not for others..

hey, Triple H did it and he got control of the company years down the line. Why not, fuck it. ;)

Unless there's a McMahon daughter that I am forgetting.. that seems unlikely. Even so, I just want an explanation for why backstage politicking is cool for some, not for others..

Because we want to see Punk?

• Like 1

hold up.. When most wrestlers politic their way into the main event scene and/or "protect their spot" it's bullshit but if Punk is inserted into the main event after the stunt he pulled, it's cool?

Explain that one.

But he is the Voice of the Voiceless! And Ice Creams!

• Like 1

Unless there's a McMahon daughter that I am forgetting..  that seems unlikely. Even so, I just want an explanation for why backstage politicking is cool for some, not for others..

I'm pretty sure Punk isn't saying to anyone, "Put me in the main event or I'm not coming back." Yeah, he's upset that he hasn't ever gotten to close out WrestleMania, but it's not like he's pushing for this to happen. If they do insert Punk into the main event, it's because they fucked themselves in the ass and have a shit main event and Punk is one of the hottest acts they've had in years. I'll eat my words, though, if it does come out that Punk has been pushing for himself to be added to the main event this year. I think it's just a general complaint on his part, however. Not something he's actively pushing for.

Because we want to see Punk?

Yup.

I like Lance. I dont remember A-1 ever wrestling and I watched alot of TNA back in 2005.

Looking through Cagematch results, he had a shitload of TV and PPV matches, including a single match against Raven at Sacrifice '06.  So I have to assume he was pretty mediocre, as he didn't seem to impress anyone one way or the other.

I'm pretty sure Punk isn't saying to anyone, "Put me in the main event or I'm not coming back." Yeah, he's upset that he hasn't ever gotten to close out WrestleMania, but it's not like he's pushing for this to happen. If they do insert Punk into the main event, it's because they fucked themselves in the ass and have a shit main event and Punk is one of the hottest acts they've had in years. I'll eat my words, though, if it does come out that Punk has been pushing for himself to be added to the main event this year. I think it's just a general complaint on his part, however. Not something he's actively pushing for.

Bryan, though. He's siphoning off Bryan's heat.

How do we know what Punk is or isn't pushing for in these supposed "talks/negotiations" between he and Vince? It's all speculation. The way I'm seeing it, there are a lot of people who would often complain about "politics" but who are fine with Punk trying to better his position in the company because he wrestled in super indy feds. 

Lets see some consistency.

• Like 1

The people want Punk, what more can I say? That's really the only explanation, unless the show is in Chicago. And you've already covered why Chicago is a horrible, horrible place. Either that, or they choose to chant for Punk during a boring fucking match, like Orton/Sheamus. Either way, though, the fans want Punk, just like they're behind Bryan as "their" guy. Only difference is they choose to chant for Punk when it's not appropriate. The appropriate time would be during a Hiatch promo, preferably.

EDIT: Hey, I admitted I would eat my words if it came to light that Punk was actively pushing the talks towards him getting into the main event. I'm under the impression it's just a general complaint, though. If he is pushing Vince or whomever to put him in the main event, using his star power as leverage... fuck that. I don't approve. I'll still cheer for him, though. He's one of my favorites, so perhaps I'm a bit bias.

Has Canada ever produced a bad wrestler?

Nattie "Who fucking knows why she gets slack when she's probably the worst diva" Niedhart

Oh, come now.  Worse than Aksana?  Worse than Eva Marie?  Worse than Rosa Mendes?

I don't like Nattie nearly as much as some, but that's just absurd.

• Like 1

Well, didn't he pretty much quit when he was booked to lose against Cesaro in a qualifier for the Elimination Chamber match, which would have made it very difficult for him to into Wrestlemania as champion? He probably would have accepted being part of EC with tentative plans for him to lose because it gave him a few more weeks to politick for being made the champ. Given the reaction that Batista is getting, maybe he would have had a shot at getting them to believe that Punk-Batista is a more compelling match than Orton-Batista.