DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The JBL & Cole show is awesome and definitely worth your time. Even guys that seem like they lack "it" like Cody Rhodes excel in it.

Cody Rhodes is a goldfish killing bastard.

I really think that El Torito, Esq. Should have questioned the timing of that a little more. Dustin going "off to camp."

• Like 1

Paul London apparently took his scrotum(not sure if real or not) out of his tights and started doing spots and kept them out at some indy in Glasgow City, Scotland. If you want to view images, go do it yourself.

Paul London apparently took his scrotum(not sure if real or not) out of his tights and started doing spots and kept them out at some indy in Glasgow City, Scotland. If you want to view images, go do it yourself.

Gimmick scrotum. Hey Paul did you kayfabe your balls or was that a shoot brother

• Like 1

I think Nova invented that move.

• Like 4

So apparently Devitt worked an indy show in Scotland and won a title, then after the match said he was going to be a regular for this group.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/03/31/prince-devitt-addresses-rumors-on-his-future-booker-t-appears-in-furniture-store-commercial/

Haha.  All indy guys say that when they win a title.  Then when the WWE signs them and they have to pay to FedEx the belt back.  

Hey! I want to watch some PPV matches on the network. I'm not looking for traditionally good matches. I'm looking for more weirdo stuff. I just watched Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon and Cena vs. Orton at Breaking Point, for example.

Anything else I should watch along those lines? Anything that's nutty and ghoulish or with weird match structures and the like?

Hey! I want to watch some PPV matches on the network. I'm not looking for traditionally good matches. I'm looking for more weirdo stuff. I just watched Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon and Cena vs. Orton at Breaking Point, for example.

Anything else I should watch along those lines? Anything that's nutty and ghoulish or with weird match structures and the like?

You can't get much more ghoulish than Eddie Guerrero-JBL Judgement Day 2004.  Just about the only wrestling match I can't watch without FFWDing.

You can't get much more ghoulish than Eddie Guerrero-JBL Judgement Day 2004.  Just about the only wrestling match I can't watch without FFWDing.

Ohhhh yeah. I gotta rewatch that.

I also have to watch the ladder match with the custody of a child in jeopardy. That's so terrific and trashy.

Go watch Triple H vs. Stone Cold from Buried Alive 96. They were doing this angle where JR's mic kept getting cut off as he bickered with Vince and King was egging him on. You haven't lived until you've heard King say, "don't you hate it when Vince goes, '1,2,3, he got him, No he didn't' over and over again? Don't you hate that JR?"

Lotsa 99-2k WCW matches waiting for you, Gregg.  The Demon, Vampiro, Shane Douglas all are "nutty" in WCW

How much of it is intolerable Russo stuff and how much is just WTF kinda stuff?

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.  The Shane/Kidman/Torrie/Madusa stuff starts out WTF and devolves into Russo stuff.  Vampiro's constant graveyard matches/weird stuff with Sting are russo-y, but his series with The Demon must be seen to be believed.  THAT graveyard match was just bonkers in how it played out.

http://www.wcwworldwide.com/post/78446840143/wwe-network-wcw19

Here's a list to check out regarding best/worst WCW things to check out on the Network. Bash at the Beach 2000 is my recommendation regarding the most Russo Russo-show.

It's New Blood Rising in my opinion. The Goldberg/Nash/Steiner three-way with Goldberg being "unprofessional" b/c he doesn't want to take the jacknife and Steiner and Nash having to "improvise" a finish is about as Russo as you can get. And who can forget about Judy Bagwell on a Forklift and Lance Storm losing about 20 different falls to Mike Awesome but winning the match b/c it's under Canadian Rules?

Haha... Maybe I should say BatB is the most WATCHABLE show with Russo at his peak. Totally weird, terrible gimmick matches and Russo calling Hogan a bald-headed son of a bitch!

Not a good show but not pure torture.