DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

- WWE reportedly sent out an online survey on potential new WWE videogames that could be released later online. Below were the potential games from the survey:

*1. Trouble always seems to find a way to the WWE Universe! Play as either John Cena or Daniel Bryan and go off on an adventure to rescue the Bella Twins, who have been kidnapped by the evil Mr. McMahon. Venture through 50 stages to rescue the Twins, grabbing extra powers and goodies over land, water, air, and fire along the way!

2. A turn-based combat role-playing game where you can assemble and lead teams of Superstars and Divas-your mission is to protect the WWE Universe from the clutches of evil wrestlers from another dimension!

3. You're the boss! Manage the ultimate team of WWE Superstars. Pick your wrestlers, train them, and have them fight your friends and other opponents in the ring!

4. The WWE Universe is way too big for just one Superstar! Collect a series of WWE Superstar action figures, each with unique abilities that unlock certain challenges and portals, and bring them to life on the big screen via your game console. Only you can put the right Superstar against the right challenge to save the WWE Universe. Put the action figures "in the ring" and let the adventures begin!

5. Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the WWE Universe! Use your favorite wrestling moves and slingshot your way through an action-packed journey from WrestleMania to Royal Rumble, facing the biggest WWE Superstars of all time! Can you become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the help of the Angry Birds?

That first one reads like Super Bella Brothers or something. Hahahahaha.

5. Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the WWE Universe! Use your favorite wrestling moves and slingshot your way through an action-packed journey from WrestleMania to Royal Rumble, facing the biggest WWE Superstars of all time! Can you become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the help of the Angry Birds?

I wanted to make a snarky reply to this, but you have no idea how hard it is to find a picture of Koko B. Ware where he's not smiling.

• Like 4

Comment Bret Hart made recently in regards to Fabulous Moolah and the current batch of women wrestlers in the WWE:

"It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah?"

I lost faith in Bret when he declared Melina to be the best wrestler in the world.

Well, if Bret's standard for a diva match is getting "a boner", then the Melina comment makes sense, especially based off her entrance.

From today's F4W update:

The match on 4/6 at Tokyo Sumo Hall with Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi is a loser leaves town match.  That would seem to indicate something about Devitt's future.

Interesting.

considering the plethora of feds in Japan, a "Loser leaves Japan" match might be a bit more significant 

Comment Bret Hart made recently in regards to Fabulous Moolah and the current batch of women wrestlers in the WWE:

"It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah?"

I lost faith in Bret when he declared Melina to be the best wrestler in the world.

Well, if Bret's standard for a diva match is getting "a boner", then the Melina comment makes sense, especially based off her entrance.

To be fair, Melina was pretty good at least by Diva's standards. She played a pretty good face in peril especially when Beth Phoenix was bending her in ungodly ways.

- WWE reportedly sent out an online survey on potential new WWE videogames that could be released later online. Below were the potential games from the survey:

*1. Trouble always seems to find a way to the WWE Universe! Play as either John Cena or Daniel Bryan and go off on an adventure to rescue the Bella Twins, who have been kidnapped by the evil Mr. McMahon. Venture through 50 stages to rescue the Twins, grabbing extra powers and goodies over land, water, air, and fire along the way!

2. A turn-based combat role-playing game where you can assemble and lead teams of Superstars and Divas-your mission is to protect the WWE Universe from the clutches of evil wrestlers from another dimension!

3. You're the boss! Manage the ultimate team of WWE Superstars. Pick your wrestlers, train them, and have them fight your friends and other opponents in the ring!

4. The WWE Universe is way too big for just one Superstar! Collect a series of WWE Superstar action figures, each with unique abilities that unlock certain challenges and portals, and bring them to life on the big screen via your game console. Only you can put the right Superstar against the right challenge to save the WWE Universe. Put the action figures "in the ring" and let the adventures begin!

6.  Just FUCKING update the graphics and roster and storylines and re-release No Mercy already.

• Like 3

More of this "There are more people ____________, than there are at a TNA show."

Ahem ... "There are more people in the bushes outside my bedroom window watching me jerk off, than there are at a TNA show."*

*And why not, for am I not a handsome man?!??!

This should happen anyways. Get on that Skylanders/Disney Infinity money before they eat all of those dollars.

• Like 2

From today's F4W update:

The match on 4/6 at Tokyo Sumo Hall with Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi is a loser leaves town match. That would seem to indicate something about Devitt's future.

Interesting.

considering the plethora of feds in Japan, a "Loser leaves Japan" match might be a bit more significant

I know you just wanted to use the word plethora but Devitt would not be leaving NJPW for any other company in Japan.

• Like 2

From today's F4W update:

The match on 4/6 at Tokyo Sumo Hall with Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi is a loser leaves town match. That would seem to indicate something about Devitt's future.

Interesting.
I know you just wanted to use the word plethora but Devitt would not be leaving NJPW for any other company in Japan.

But would you dispute the point that there is a CORNUCOPIA of promotions there?

• Like 1

From today's F4W update:

Interesting.

But would you dispute the point that there is a CORNUCOPIA of promotions there?

More like a myriad, sir.  ZERO of you will get that reference.

So apparently there's going to be no Dragon Gate talent coming in for DGUSA's WrestleMania weekend shows.

Gabe posted this on his Facebook page:

"We apologize, but it looks like there will not be Dragon Gate talent on the shows next weekend. This has been an ongoing situation for a while. It is not between us and Dragoon Gate. Our relationship remains strong and DGUSA will continue and will feature Dragon Gate talent in the future. This has been a daily thing where every day we think something was about to break. Now the clock has run out. We owe you a complete explanation and will have that on Monday.

In the meantime, we know you only care about two things- what the lineups are going to be and how we will make this up to you. We took the first step as a precaution by booking Masato Tanaka to face Chris Hero on the Friday night DGUSA show. We need to thank Highspots for making this possible. We are now finalizing the rest. We will have word to you on Monday.

I personally apologize and am very embarrassed by this entire situation. As an organization, we deeply apologize. The bottom line is that we will rebound and we will have amazing shows in New Orleans with a talented, exciting and dynamic roster. We will give you a great experience and present events that you will always remember fondly.

We appreciate and value your patience. We would have said more earlier, but this is something where we literally thought there would be a resolution and announcement on a daily basis. I realize this is not a suitable explanation for some of you and will accept the criticism and try to make it right. It is the best we can do right at this moment.

We'll give you the entire story on Monday when we have everything situated. I will be around for all your questions and comments on Twitter and here on Facebook after we release the lineups and explain what happened. Thank you for all your support and we will make this right on the biggest weekend of the year."

I was thinking of ordering one of the shows but will now probably pass. I know Gabe says he'll explain tomorrow but I figured I'd ask now if anyone knows more about this situation?

Why can't the Bellas rescue themselves? Have you seen some of Nikki's kicks?