DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Its too easy to make fun of TNA

Also Im going to an Indie Lucha show tonight the admission is a five dollar suggested donation, I dont really watch Lucha but it should be a good time.

Why did nobody tell me Chuck Palumbo has his own reality series on Discover? It's called Lords of the Car Hoards. Looks like he has a bit of a gut now but he's still massive. Standing next to normal people he's fucking huge.

That is awesome.  I mean, I'm not gonna watch it.

tna1.jpg

How long before TNA is doing "Empy Arena" matches but doesn't have to bother clearing out anyone beforehand?

Sigh (for many reasons)....

At a VERY quick glance, I thought this was another setting up for Mania, empty area photo.

I imagine, if TNA could somehow play up the meme of people paying to come to shows just to photograph the lack of attendance, it could in fact boost attendance.

I mean, dude posting this pic is saying, "Look at this sad shit!" But, hey! Paparazzo! You still went; maybe even paid admission. And you still got shitty seats.

• Like 1

Comment Bret Hart made recently in regards to Fabulous Moolah and the current batch of women wrestlers in the WWE:

"It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah?"

And now I really love Bret Hart again. That's fucking great.

- WWE reportedly sent out an online survey on potential new WWE videogames that could be released later online. Below were the potential games from the survey:

*1. Trouble always seems to find a way to the WWE Universe! Play as either John Cena or Daniel Bryan and go off on an adventure to rescue the Bella Twins, who have been kidnapped by the evil Mr. McMahon. Venture through 50 stages to rescue the Twins, grabbing extra powers and goodies over land, water, air, and fire along the way!

2. A turn-based combat role-playing game where you can assemble and lead teams of Superstars and Divas-your mission is to protect the WWE Universe from the clutches of evil wrestlers from another dimension!

3. You're the boss! Manage the ultimate team of WWE Superstars. Pick your wrestlers, train them, and have them fight your friends and other opponents in the ring!

4. The WWE Universe is way too big for just one Superstar! Collect a series of WWE Superstar action figures, each with unique abilities that unlock certain challenges and portals, and bring them to life on the big screen via your game console. Only you can put the right Superstar against the right challenge to save the WWE Universe. Put the action figures "in the ring" and let the adventures begin!

5. Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the WWE Universe! Use your favorite wrestling moves and slingshot your way through an action-packed journey from WrestleMania to Royal Rumble, facing the biggest WWE Superstars of all time! Can you become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the help of the Angry Birds?

That first one reads like Super Bella Brothers or something. Hahahahaha.

5. Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the WWE Universe! Use your favorite wrestling moves and slingshot your way through an action-packed journey from WrestleMania to Royal Rumble, facing the biggest WWE Superstars of all time! Can you become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the help of the Angry Birds?

I wanted to make a snarky reply to this, but you have no idea how hard it is to find a picture of Koko B. Ware where he's not smiling.

• Like 4

Comment Bret Hart made recently in regards to Fabulous Moolah and the current batch of women wrestlers in the WWE:

"It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah?"

I lost faith in Bret when he declared Melina to be the best wrestler in the world.

Well, if Bret's standard for a diva match is getting "a boner", then the Melina comment makes sense, especially based off her entrance.

From today's F4W update:

The match on 4/6 at Tokyo Sumo Hall with Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi is a loser leaves town match.  That would seem to indicate something about Devitt's future.

Interesting.

considering the plethora of feds in Japan, a "Loser leaves Japan" match might be a bit more significant 

I lost faith in Bret when he declared Melina to be the best wrestler in the world.

Well, if Bret's standard for a diva match is getting "a boner", then the Melina comment makes sense, especially based off her entrance.

To be fair, Melina was pretty good at least by Diva's standards. She played a pretty good face in peril especially when Beth Phoenix was bending her in ungodly ways.

- WWE reportedly sent out an online survey on potential new WWE videogames that could be released later online. Below were the potential games from the survey:

*1. Trouble always seems to find a way to the WWE Universe! Play as either John Cena or Daniel Bryan and go off on an adventure to rescue the Bella Twins, who have been kidnapped by the evil Mr. McMahon. Venture through 50 stages to rescue the Twins, grabbing extra powers and goodies over land, water, air, and fire along the way!

2. A turn-based combat role-playing game where you can assemble and lead teams of Superstars and Divas-your mission is to protect the WWE Universe from the clutches of evil wrestlers from another dimension!

3. You're the boss! Manage the ultimate team of WWE Superstars. Pick your wrestlers, train them, and have them fight your friends and other opponents in the ring!

4. The WWE Universe is way too big for just one Superstar! Collect a series of WWE Superstar action figures, each with unique abilities that unlock certain challenges and portals, and bring them to life on the big screen via your game console. Only you can put the right Superstar against the right challenge to save the WWE Universe. Put the action figures "in the ring" and let the adventures begin!

6.  Just FUCKING update the graphics and roster and storylines and re-release No Mercy already.

• Like 3

More of this "There are more people ____________, than there are at a TNA show."

Ahem ... "There are more people in the bushes outside my bedroom window watching me jerk off, than there are at a TNA show."*

*And why not, for am I not a handsome man?!??!

This should happen anyways. Get on that Skylanders/Disney Infinity money before they eat all of those dollars.

• Like 2