DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'd like to point out that the crowd WHAT-ing Hogan during his return to the WWF after nine years was a Chicago crowd.

You know, not because I think it means anything, but maybe FSW can tell us how this ties into his Grand Theory of Chicago Crowds. Note: Hogan pointed out that Chicago fans ran Michael Jordan out of town to go play for the Wizards, which I'm sure FSW can expound upon as well.

The key to it is understanding how awful Chicago and it's people are. They don't care about wrestlers. They don't care about athletes. They don't care about their teams winning or losing. They only care about themselves. The Chicago hivemind has one sole collective thought: how can we make it about us?

• Like 2

I'd like to point out that the crowd WHAT-ing Hogan during his return to the WWF after nine years was a Chicago crowd.

You know, not because I think it means anything, but maybe FSW can tell us how this ties into his Grand Theory of Chicago Crowds. Note: Hogan pointed out that Chicago fans ran Michael Jordan out of town to go play for the Wizards, which I'm sure FSW can expound upon as well.

The key to it is understanding how awful Chicago and it's people are. They don't care about wrestlers. They don't care about athletes. They don't care about their teams winning or losing. They only care about themselves. The Chicago hivemind has one sole collective thought: how can we make it about us?

As someone from Chicago I'd say that's a fair bit of generalizing and stereotyping on your part. Just about everyone I associate with is mainly interested in the athletes they cheer doing well, their teams doing well, and not so much in themselves in relation to their interests. Sure, there may be a vocal majority who are loud enough that they present that image of Chicago, but the vocal majority is very rarely in the right when it comes to presenting a negative view on a city.

The network should film that thing.

You're onto something. They should do that for all the spoken word shows going around. Foley's, J.R.'s, even Dolph's stand-up.

I recall Foley saying they did film one of his and he wasn't happy at all with the process or the way WWE treated the show.

The network should film that thing.

You're onto something. They should do that for all the spoken word shows going around. Foley's, J.R.'s, even Dolph's stand-up.

I recall Foley saying they did film one of his and he wasn't happy at all with the process or the way WWE treated the show.

Oh Mick Foley's whining again.

As someone from Chicago I'd say that's a fair bit of generalizing and stereotyping on your part. Just about everyone I associate with is mainly interested in the athletes they cheer doing well, their teams doing well, and not so much in themselves in relation to their interests. Sure, there may be a vocal majority who are loud enough that they present that image of Chicago, but the vocal majority is very rarely in the right when it comes to presenting a negative view on a city.

As someone from Chicago, I'd say: Don't feed the fucking troll.

• Like 6

In defense of Chicago, you could always replace "Chicago" in this statement with "FSW".

• Like 9

The JBL and Cole Show (w/ Renee Young) today was just tremendous. Zeb cutting up Renee's green card, Cesaro literally swinging himself to and from the courtroom, JBL accusing Wade of being hungover. I love how WWE.com basically is allowed to exist in its own weird universe. I imagine Vince accidentally walking into them filming and wondering why there's a bear walking around or Torito is a lawyer. Of course, I also imagine Vince being very confused when all those online-NXT dudes and gals were hanging out for that weird year and a half run.

All I want now is for Torito to be a tiny little bull lawyer that competes with David Otunga to make partner at a hot shot law firm.

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

• Like 1

Its too easy to make fun of TNA

Also Im going to an Indie Lucha show tonight the admission is a five dollar suggested donation, I dont really watch Lucha but it should be a good time.

Why did nobody tell me Chuck Palumbo has his own reality series on Discover? It's called Lords of the Car Hoards. Looks like he has a bit of a gut now but he's still massive. Standing next to normal people he's fucking huge.

That is awesome.  I mean, I'm not gonna watch it.

tna1.jpg

How long before TNA is doing "Empy Arena" matches but doesn't have to bother clearing out anyone beforehand?

Sigh (for many reasons)....

At a VERY quick glance, I thought this was another setting up for Mania, empty area photo.

I imagine, if TNA could somehow play up the meme of people paying to come to shows just to photograph the lack of attendance, it could in fact boost attendance.

I mean, dude posting this pic is saying, "Look at this sad shit!" But, hey! Paparazzo! You still went; maybe even paid admission. And you still got shitty seats.

• Like 1

Comment Bret Hart made recently in regards to Fabulous Moolah and the current batch of women wrestlers in the WWE:

"It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah?"

And now I really love Bret Hart again. That's fucking great.