DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Honest question: Has anyone had as huge a pop/crowd reaction as Daniel Bryan had killing Bray Wyatt in the cage on RAW since the Attitude Era? Watching that again, and the crowd is pretty insane. 

Punk at MITB 2011 still takes the cake. I've rewatched that PPV a couple times on the WWE Network and that crowd is fucking bananas all night long. When "This Fire" starts playing, Jesus Christ, that crowd just goes to another level. I still have not seen anything like it. Daniel Bryan on the cage comes close, but I'm guessing Daniel Bryan at WM 30 trumps MITB 2011.

Austin owns all the records, Punk, Bryan, Cena etc ate way behind.

I thought we were talking about post-Attitude era reactions. Bet you if you trotted out Austin today, crickets would be his response. By comparison, I mean.

Austin owns all the records, Punk, Bryan, Cena etc ate way behind.

I thought we were talking about post-Attitude era reactions. Bet you if you trotted out Austin today, crickets would be his response. By comparison, I mean.

Come on, Daniel Bryan gets bigger pops that that almost every week.

Great responses, everyone. Good points; I should have remembered obvious ones like Punk in Chicago at MitB.

Hulk Hogan on his orignal WWE return in 2002 got some of the loudest reactions I've ever seen.

I watched the RAW where Rock challenged Hogan and then the WM X8 Rock-Hogan match. First of all, that match is still awesome and is one of my favorite matches. It's so minimalist as to what they actually do in the ring, but man, every time I watch it, I'm completely into it. 

Second of all, the crowd for the match itself is basically unhinged the whole time. The crowd for Rock challenging Hogan on RAW is doing that annoying WHAT thing while Hogan talks, which brings them down a notch. I do appreciate Hogan following a WHAT with "CHA GONNA DO?!" though.