DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

PWInsider is also saying that RVD has officially re-signed with the WWE to be starting basically Mania week so don't be surprised if he shows up on RAW on Monday.

PWInsider is also saying that RVD has officially re-signed with the WWE to be starting basically Mania week so don't be surprised if he shows up on RAW on Monday.

There are still four open slots in the Andre Battle Royal.

I'm all for Rob Van Dam returning just fucking do something with him this time

Like what?

Putting me on the spot here, idk have him feud with somebody something more then just matches. Just something other then just being there. Put him with Dolph and have them feud with the Uso's over the titles.

So, apparently...

Roderick Strong was described as the standout of the most recent tryout camp, with his physical and speaking abilities. Kevin Steen was also described as standing out for being in better shape. Other names in the camp included ACH, Michael Elgin, Rocky Romero, Willie Mack, and Arya Daivari, the brother of former WWE wrestler Shawn Daivari.

That's a pretty dire commentary on the state of the indies when Roderick Strong is a standout promo. Roderick Strong.

Not to mention Kevin Steen being in better shape.  Unless it just means "better shape than he used to be".  His waistline is still pretty huge last I saw.

Believe it or not, ROH is going to put the shows with NJ talent on IPPV.  Hope apparently does spring eternal.

Is NJPW bringing over their technical staff to have it on UStream? If so, it might actually work. I won't hold my breath, though.

Baltimore, MD (March 27, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) has come to terms with Ustream, Inc. to provide the May 10th ROH GLOBAL WARS and May 17th ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS events live online. Ustream is a leading service provider of live and on-demand international, sports and variety programming delivered via broadband.

RVD's best place is on Main Event. Other than that, I would like to see him on NXT even though that wouldn't happen. A third option would be to have him as an agent of The Authority. Finally, a fourth option is to just pull the trigger on a tag team with him and Ryback.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/amc-to-develop-scripted-comedy-late-night-project-with-kevin-smith-1201147801/

This happens to include a list of other things AMC is working on, such as...

“Untitled Billy Corgan Wrestling Project”   Smashing Pumpkins lead singer Billy Corgan pulls back the curtains on the pro-wrestling world as he takes over creative direction for the independent wrestling company Resistance Pro. Produced by Left/Right, LLC; Executive Producers: Banks Tarver, Ken Druckerman, Billy Corgan and Ghen Maynard.

haha, "ghen"

Big Fresh isn't lying. This is...amazing. It may be the best episode of How Did This Get Made ever.

The Street Fighter, Sleepaway Camp, and Reindeer Games episodes are tough competition.

Now I really want Mantzoukas as a color commentator somewhere. "That match was LITERALLY GARBAGE."

He wouldn't jive well with WWE's social media initiative.

"Still not on Twitter, guys."

On the flip side.  Cesaro vs. Bryan and he'd be like "Guys, that match was LITERALLY next level bonkers insane"

• Like 2

Big Fresh isn't lying. This is...amazing. It may be the best episode of How Did This Get Made ever.

The Street Fighter, Sleepaway Camp, and Reindeer Games episodes are tough competition.

Now I really want Mantzoukas as a color commentator somewhere. "That match was LITERALLY GARBAGE."
He wouldn't jive well with WWE's social media initiative.

"Still not on Twitter, guys."

On the flip side. Cesaro vs. Bryan and he'd be like "Guys, that match was LITERALLY next level bonkers insane"

"Emma is a stone-cold dum-dum."

• Like 2

Great piece by @WoolyWoolhouse over at WhatCulture, WWE: 10 Surprising Revelations From The 1991 Summerslam Payroll Sheet

intro.jpg

It's another fun companion piece to Bix's great piece about the Ultimate Warrior in the latest issue of FSM. The payroll for the event was one of the exhibits in the lawsuit which Bix was chronicling.

EDIT: And I totally screwed up the DRAW concept so ignore that part, but the rest is true.

• Like 2

That letter that Bix presented from Warrior to Vince was utterly fascinating. 

I cannot tell if Warrior is just a really sensitive dude down deep or if he was just trying to work Vince.