DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Some guys are supposed to always be in the mid card. And there's nothing wrong with that . People get too wrapped up in trying to come up with reasons why everyone hasnt been in the Main Event tier or stayed there for good.

Your gimmick of telling people what to not talk about still really sucks. Most people in WWE would agree there's been a failure to create new stars and an over-reliance on a handful of guys.

Sure there are guys who are always supposed to be mid-card; guys like Eddy and Rey right? Lest we forget that basically WWE have been more or less *forced* to treat Daniel Bryan as a main eventer when they clearly were not keen at all. It's not like anyone (who counts, BigFresh ;-)) is arguing for a Brodus Clay main-event push - people talk about Kofi as a possible missed opportunity that was worth rolling the dice on, Wade Barrett as a guy who very solid heel heat - even against Cena - and could cut a good promo even when green, and Dolph, who is very over with a lot of crowds despite being jobbed out all over the place. It's pretty reasonable stuff.

Brodus would have made a good Hogan monster heel by way of the Parliament Funkadelic, but they went the exact opposite way.

It worked for a while, but got stale quickly, and now three other people use his already recycled music.

Some guys are supposed to always be in the mid card. And there's nothing wrong with that . People get too wrapped up in trying to come up with reasons why everyone hasnt been in the Main Event tier or stayed there for good.

Your gimmick of telling people what to not talk about still really sucks. Most people in WWE would agree there's been a failure to create new stars and an over-reliance on a handful of guys.

Sure there are guys who are always supposed to be mid-card; guys like Eddy and Rey right? Lest we forget that basically WWE have been more or less *forced* to treat Daniel Bryan as a main eventer when they clearly were not keen at all. It's not like anyone (who counts, BigFresh ;-)) is arguing for a Brodus Clay main-event push - people talk about Kofi as a possible missed opportunity that was worth rolling the dice on, Wade Barrett as a guy who very solid heel heat - even against Cena - and could cut a good promo even when green, and Dolph, who is very over with a lot of crowds despite being jobbed out all over the place. It's pretty reasonable stuff.

Barrett is definitely a big one, especially during his run as leader of the Nexus. I remember Raw opening once with them all in the ring and the boos were deafening and that was before the dude stoked the flames even more with his promo.

I'm not a fan of Kofi at all, but I agree. That MSG beatdown of Orton had him red hot.

Not a fan of his either, but he got me excited to see a new guy pushed for a minute.  I think a lot of the problem there was that he was not going to get a high profile mania match against Orton since he was turning face (though I guess that could've been pushed back).  He wasn't getting a title shot at early, unless again orton didn't turn face.  I guess he could've won Money In The Bank, but that didn't really put anyone over anyway. 

I'm not a fan of Kofi at all, but I agree. That MSG beatdown of Orton had him red hot.

Not a fan of his either, but he got me excited to see a new guy pushed for a minute. I think a lot of the problem there was that he was not going to get a high profile mania match against Orton since he was turning face (though I guess that could've been pushed back). He wasn't getting a title shot at early, unless again orton didn't turn face. I guess he could've won Money In The Bank, but that didn't really put anyone over anyway.

Wrestlemania 26 shoulda been Kofi/Orton vs. Rhodes/Dibiase.

So, apparently...

Roderick Strong was described as the standout of the most recent tryout camp, with his physical and speaking abilities. Kevin Steen was also described as standing out for being in better shape. Other names in the camp included ACH, Michael Elgin, Rocky Romero, Willie Mack, and Arya Daivari, the brother of former WWE wrestler Shawn Daivari.

That's a pretty dire commentary on the state of the indies when Roderick Strong is a standout promo. Roderick Strong.

• Like 3

- It’s said that Batista is regularly mocked backstage, but obviously not to his face, for the way he dresses. Batista’s jeans ripping on Monday’s RAW from Brooklyn didn’t help his case any.

Source: PWInsider

Nothing but jealously. Sheer unadultarated, ugly jealously.

They won't be laughing when he's ripping the jeans off of their favorite diva.

• Like 1

PWInsider is also saying that RVD has officially re-signed with the WWE to be starting basically Mania week so don't be surprised if he shows up on RAW on Monday.

PWInsider is also saying that RVD has officially re-signed with the WWE to be starting basically Mania week so don't be surprised if he shows up on RAW on Monday.

There are still four open slots in the Andre Battle Royal.

I'm all for Rob Van Dam returning just fucking do something with him this time

Like what?

Putting me on the spot here, idk have him feud with somebody something more then just matches. Just something other then just being there. Put him with Dolph and have them feud with the Uso's over the titles.

So, apparently...

Roderick Strong was described as the standout of the most recent tryout camp, with his physical and speaking abilities. Kevin Steen was also described as standing out for being in better shape. Other names in the camp included ACH, Michael Elgin, Rocky Romero, Willie Mack, and Arya Daivari, the brother of former WWE wrestler Shawn Daivari.

That's a pretty dire commentary on the state of the indies when Roderick Strong is a standout promo. Roderick Strong.

Not to mention Kevin Steen being in better shape.  Unless it just means "better shape than he used to be".  His waistline is still pretty huge last I saw.

Believe it or not, ROH is going to put the shows with NJ talent on IPPV.  Hope apparently does spring eternal.

Is NJPW bringing over their technical staff to have it on UStream? If so, it might actually work. I won't hold my breath, though.