DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I love Yokozuna, but purely from a standpoint of what I would have wanted to see, I'd rather Savage won the Royal Rumble in 1993 and put over Bret Hart cleanly at WM IX. Let Yokozuna beat Hogan on the undercard in a double-main event. That would have been a pair of awesome matches, and you save Bret/Yoko for Summerslam or Survivor Series. It also would have bought us a few more months of Narcissist Lex Luger, who would be my KotR winner in this alternate universe. Then, you maybe do Bret/Luger at SummerSlam and Bret/Yoko at Survivor Series. 

I hate that Vince McMahon was so set on making Randy Savage a part-time attraction at this point because I think he had a ton of value left as a wrestler, which he immediately showed upon jumping to WCW and being good all the way into 1997. 

Was just thinking about this.

I'd like to see them do Bret/Savage, have a screwy finish through no fault of either guy (have Luger or Yoko interfere for example), THEN have Hulk come out and challenge Savage.

Let the whole thing unfold organically. Bret as the new guy screwed over by the old firm. Savage getting screwed over by Hogan *again*. Hogan trying to do what's right, but ultimately being a selfish cunt. Hundreds of possibilities from that.

Hogan beats Savage at KOTR and turns heel with an assist from Lex. Hogan returns the favour and helps Lex beat Bret in the KOTR finals. Bret and Savage vs. Hogan and Luger at Summerslam. Have an awesome traditional Survivor Series main event afterwards - Bret, Savage, Taker and....Owen vs. Hogan, Luger, Yokozuna and Shawn. The Bret/Owen angle happens anyway. Yoko/Taker do their thing. Savage overcomes the odds and beats Hogan and Luger to survive.

Rumble - Hogan beats Savage after a huge clusterfuck of run ins. Bret and Owen lose to the Quebecers still. Taker/Yoko do a double elimination spot in the Rumble and brawl around the building leading to a match at Mania. Bret and Luger are still co-winners of the Rumble. Mania pretty much goes the same, but with a Taker/Yoko match, Savage vs. Luger falls count anywhere, Bret/Owen. Hogan gets deliberately disqualified in his title match with Luger. Luger turns face and helps Bret beat Hogan in the main. Hogan goes off and films Thunder In Paradise.

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says. Batista is a fashion icon on par with Jackie Kennedy or Carrie Bradshaw. 

The rest of the WWE roster are just seething mad because they know they couldn't pull off skinny jeans.

• Like 2

I love Yokozuna, but purely from a standpoint of what I would have wanted to see, I'd rather Savage won the Royal Rumble in 1993 and put over Bret Hart cleanly at WM IX. Let Yokozuna beat Hogan on the undercard in a double-main event. That would have been a pair of awesome matches, and you save Bret/Yoko for Summerslam or Survivor Series. It also would have bought us a few more months of Narcissist Lex Luger, who would be my KotR winner in this alternate universe. Then, you maybe do Bret/Luger at SummerSlam and Bret/Yoko at Survivor Series. 

I hate that Vince McMahon was so set on making Randy Savage a part-time attraction at this point because I think he had a ton of value left as a wrestler, which he immediately showed upon jumping to WCW and being good all the way into 1997. 

I love everything about this post. I've been catching up on '93 via the network, and now I'm really pissed off none of this happened.

And FWIW, I thought Savage had some okay-to-decent matches in '98. I don't think he was outright bad until that team with Sid. But even that was fun as hell, for all the wrong reasons, naturally. I remember that whole bit where he brought a bucket of shit to the ring but then Nash had a contortionist in a duffel bag dump it on Savage instead. It's even funnier when you consider that the WWF was building to the Taker/Austin rematch and I think that Rock/HHH strap match or iron man match (cant remember which) by this point.

Wade is one of those 'lost generation' guys that came in and got lost in the shuffle like right before the WWE was like 'oh shit we have to make new stars' and NXT becoming what it currently is. 

Who else belongs on that list? It's a fair amount of talented people.

MVP could have been something great but they gave him the shitty losing streak gimmick and he completely lost direction once Matt Hardy beat him for the US Title.

MV5BMTk5MzI0MjU4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkw

Pro Wrestlers v. Zombies!

This plot sounds tremendous

The Franchise Shane Douglas accidentally kills a wrestler in the ring. The wrestler's brother Angus seeks revenge by surrendering his soul to an ancient demon to gain the power to raise the undead. Angus then pays for a private show at an empty prison to lure Douglas and his friend Rowdy Roddy Piper into a death trap.

how does Shane Douglas kill a guy? an errant Fisherman Buster? a heart-attack inducing Belly to Belly Suplex?

nice to see that they worked a movie into Shane's retail work schedule. Or maybe they filmed it in the Target.

So anyways.. cast list: Douglas, Piper, Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Larry Zbyszko, Jim Duggan, Sylvester Terkay

they should film these movies forever. Next one involves Matt and Jeff Hardy fighting Zombies.. or maybe they become Zombies..

I don't care what anyone says. Batista is a fashion icon on par with Jackie Kennedy or Carrie Bradshaw. 

The rest of the WWE roster are just seething mad because they know they couldn't pull off skinny jeans.

To be fair, we learned on Monday that Batista can't pull them off either. They're tear-aways.

MV5BMTk5MzI0MjU4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDkw

Pro Wrestlers v. Zombies!

This plot sounds tremendous

The Franchise Shane Douglas accidentally kills a wrestler in the ring. The wrestler's brother Angus seeks revenge by surrendering his soul to an ancient demon to gain the power to raise the undead. Angus then pays for a private show at an empty prison to lure Douglas and his friend Rowdy Roddy Piper into a death trap.

how does Shane Douglas kill a guy? an errant Fisherman Buster? a heart-attack inducing Belly to Belly Suplex?

nice to see that they worked a movie into Shane's retail work schedule. Or maybe they filmed it in the Target.

So anyways.. cast list: Douglas, Piper, Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Larry Zbyszko, Jim Duggan, Sylvester Terkay

they should film these movies forever. Next one involves Matt and Jeff Hardy fighting Zombies.. or maybe they become Zombies..

Oh man, if they can get some actors/wrestlers to mimic actual deceased wrestlers (I.e. some 7 footer from Europe named "Andrew the Giant," a wild bearded guy named "Bruiser") we could have that Black Lantern wrestling film we never knew we wanted.

"Ted Petty ... rise."

"Scott Bigelow ... RISE."

"Edward Smith Fatu ... RISE!"

- It’s said that Batista is regularly mocked backstage, but obviously not to his face, for the way he dresses. Batista’s jeans ripping on Monday’s RAW from Brooklyn didn’t help his case any.

Source: PWInsider

Nothing but jealously. Sheer unadultarated, ugly jealously.

Wait until Dave brings Rocket and Groot to Raw.

And they'll be wearing really tight fur/bark pants respectively, and then you'll all be sorry you mocked poor Dave!

yeah!,

RAF

Big Fresh isn't lying. This is...amazing. It may be the best episode of How Did This Get Made ever.

The Street Fighter, Sleepaway Camp, and Reindeer Games episodes are tough competition.

Now I really want Mantzoukas as a color commentator somewhere. "That match was LITERALLY GARBAGE."

He wouldn't jive well with WWE's social media initiative.

"Still not on Twitter, guys."

• Like 1

Wade is one of those 'lost generation' guys that came in and got lost in the shuffle like right before the WWE was like 'oh shit we have to make new stars' and NXT becoming what it currently is. 

Who else belongs on that list? It's a fair amount of talented people.

Dolph is the most egregious, and had the insulting misfortune of them trying to rectify their mistake by giving him a babyface push not only 3 years too late, but right in the middle of Daniel Bryan's meteoric rise.

I know he's not too popular around here, but I think they really missed the boat with Kofi. They had something going with him during the Orton feud in 09, but he lost the rubber match there, and it's been nothing but aimless midcarding ever since. A heel turn might have salvaged him a 2-3 years ago, but he's damaged goods now and the rest of the roster is way too strong for him to ever make another run to the top.

Possible cases could be made for Swagger and Cody, but I really don't think those two have the charisma to be real main eventers.

• Like 1