DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The moment Zack Ryder banged on that wall and it became clear that he was failing to muster up that Serious Business Fire that he was going for, is the exact  moment that video went from being good to sad.

I'm pretty sure the last time I watched Zack Ryder wrestle was when he won that belt.

I've seen plenty since then, but I agree that i'm just not sure he has 'serious heel guy' in him. And, in the end, there's just a whole bunch of guys in NXT who deserve a shot on the main show more than Ryder deserves a fourth run. I'd rather see Corey Graves, and I'm not even sure I like Corey Graves.

Zack Ryder as a manager in tights might work. This disgruntled employees stable needs less Dolph Ziggler and more Mark Henry though.

Ryder feels like a guy who should be in a tag team. Is there anyone in NXT who would make sense as his partner?

Or maybe he can be paired with Darren Young. That sounds like the sort of tag team that could be losing two-on-one handicap matches to Alexander Rusev a couple of months from now.

Reunite him with Hawkins.

The moment Zack Ryder banged on that wall and it became clear that he was failing to muster up that Serious Business Fire that he was going for, is the exact  moment that video went from being good to sad.

I'm pretty sure the last time I watched Zack Ryder wrestle was when he won that belt.

I've seen plenty since then, but I agree that i'm just not sure he has 'serious heel guy' in him. And, in the end, there's just a whole bunch of guys in NXT who deserve a shot on the main show more than Ryder deserves a fourth run. I'd rather see Corey Graves, and I'm not even sure I like Corey Graves.

Zack Ryder as a manager in tights might work. This disgruntled employees stable needs less Dolph Ziggler and more Mark Henry though.

Ryder feels like a guy who should be in a tag team. Is there anyone in NXT who would make sense as his partner?

Or maybe he can be paired with Darren Young. That sounds like the sort of tag team that could be losing two-on-one handicap matches to Alexander Rusev a couple of months from now.

I think they should bring in Enzo and Big Cass as his cousins from Jersey. Might be fun. Or, as I've said before, him, Alex Riley and Mason Ryan as a group of Affliction shirt-wearing spray-tan idiots who wander backstage talking to chicks like Bobby Bottleservice and fist pumping. Call them the "woo-Woo Crew."

If we're sharing random Bob Backlund memories, here are a couple of mine.

--I met him at a Smackdown taping in 2000.  It was when he was claiming to run for president.  He didn't appear on the show but they let him set up a merch booth.  He would posr for a picture if you bought one of his 8 x 10's.  Which, of course, duh, I did.  So I posed for my picture, then my friend did the same.  My friend ended up getting put in the crossface chicken wing.  Being jealous, I asked to be out in it.  I didn't get a photo of it unfortunately, but the feeling I walked away with was how he could have torn my neck and shoulder to shreds with just a little pressure.  He put it on just snug enough to let you know, and I had his forearm tightly across my chin.  Pretty cool.  And honestly, either the guy is the greatest actor of all time, or he's just not all there.  Even "out of character", he just seems.......off. 

Maaaaaan, I fucked my little brother up with a Chicken Wing. We had to ban that shit from our Living Room Wrestling Federation. 

I lost by disqualification a lot.

Got to keep your heat, though.

I think they should bring in Enzo and Big Cass as his cousins from Jersey. Might be fun. Or, as I've said before, him, Alex Riley and Mason Ryan as a group of Affliction shirt-wearing spray-tan idiots who wander backstage talking to chicks like Bobby Bottleservice and fist pumping. Call them the "woo-Woo Crew."

Or bring in Disco Inferno, Tony Mamaluke and Big Vito as Ryder's freeloading relatives

The moment Zack Ryder banged on that wall and it became clear that he was failing to muster up that Serious Business Fire that he was going for, is the exact moment that video went from being good to sad.

I'm sick of them already.

Miz to talk, Dolph to work, and Ryder to.... something?

This might be the liquor talking, but I think John Morrison would make a great fourth for that stable. Ryder should just be a chickenshit manager type, while Miz & Morrison reunite as a tag team, with Dolph as the lead guy of the group.