DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So Muta's match at Lockdown has been announced:

Muta/Sanada/Extreme Tiger vs. Bad Influence & Sabin

credit PWInsider

That sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I'm not the world's biggest puro guy, but I've heard good things about Sanada's match with Styles awhile back (though I still haven't found time to watch it yet.)

There are two kinds of people: 1 - people that have the WWE Network and 2 - People that are sick and tired of reading the near constant Facebook updates from people who have the WWE Network.

• Like 3

What condition is Angle in right now? I know he's been doing a lot of media. I um, kind of want to know if they're going to run Davey vs Kurt because it's sort of insane not to. I hate their style but a lot of people don't and that's pretty much the dream match for it.

• Like 1

What condition is Angle in right now? I know he's been doing a lot of media. I um, kind of want to know if they're going to run Davey vs Kurt because it's sort of insane not to. I hate their style but a lot of people don't and that's pretty much the dream match for it.

If it has any possibility of drawing money then I would say TNA won't book it. If it is more likely to lose money for the company expect a best of 1000 falls series.

how much do you think the WWE is regretting having Rusev debut as a Bulgarian instead of having him debut as a Russian?

Will anyone know the difference? Does WWE?  Vince lives perpetually in 1985.  I'm surprised he doesn't have a hammer and sickle on his tights.

It's not like he saw any logic problems with Iron Sheik during the gulf war.

• Like 1

Why would WWE be regretting making him a Bulgarian? Am I missing something?

A Russian heel would be particularly timely.

Frankly, they could just start calling him Russian and no one would blink.

they could take inspiration from the Winter Olympics and have Rusev accept Russian citizenship like Vic Wild did

Why would WWE be regretting making him a Bulgarian? Am I missing something?

Watch the news. The Russian Duma has just agreed to send troops into Ukraine under the excuse of protecting their naval base in Sevastapol, and they have also withdrawn its ambassador to the US. So it'd be kind of topical. 

Wasn't Santino a fake Russian in developmental?

He was Boris Alexiev, the shoot fighter. Which would never have had the longevity of Santino so he lucked out there.