DVDVR Message Board

March 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

I feel like I am more angry as a neutral that United lost than it looks like the United players are.  On your home turf it seemed like besides Rooney and Welbeck no one else really wanted to be there.  With all the quality on the field you should want to be better and they did not.  What a shit effort. 

It was going wide, you plum

Doesn't matter

How doesn't it matter? I know being a Liverpool fan you're stuck in the 80s so you may not know current rules or may have just forgotten, but an intentional handball is a yellow card, denying a goal scoring opportunity is a red card. If it is going wide, it isn't denying shit. Therefore, yellow card.

Now believe that, and believe in the shield.

Earlier in the day I saw Swansea was ahead of the Pop Gunners but were able to pull out a draw by the skin of their teeth. That's a huge point for the Swans in what has been a rather uncomfortable relegation battle. I wasn't expecting a point away, but I'll take it.

If only there were a way for the Pop Gunners to end up in the Europa league, but I guess that's what Spurs are for.

Germany´s darkest footie power might be at its alltime height, Bayern beat Hertha to retain the Bundesliga championship with...7 games to go. Not gonna lie, this season was so boring. There might be a chance of Bayern slacking off a little and maybe dropping a point or two while concentrating on European competition, but it´s not that likely this season.

Never thought I´d say that, but for some tense competition I´d better be off to Spain I guess.

I know there are still people that are saying "Oh, well, its a new manager, give him time..."

There is no justifible reason that Moyes should be managing United anymore.  I hold, and have held, no illusions that United would finish in their usual spots this season.  I knew there would be growing pains, and adjustment times, but not like this.  This season's been a total shit show, and no one's been held accountable for it.  

• Like 1

I know there are still people that are saying "Oh, well, its a new manager, give him time..."

There is no justifible reason that Moyes should be managing United anymore. I hold, and have held, no illusions that United would finish in their usual spots this season. I knew there would be growing pains, and adjustment times, but not like this. This season's been a total shit show, and no one's been held accountable for it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/david-moyes/10709107/31-reasons-David-Moyes-must-leave-Manchester-United.html

pved.jpg

Buster Bloodvessel was at the game! (I expect 3 ska-heads to get that.)

I got it.

There is no justifible reason that Moyes should be managing United anymore.  I hold, and have held, no illusions that United would finish in their usual spots this season.  I knew there would be growing pains, and adjustment times, but not like this.  This season's been a total shit show, and no one's been held accountable for it.  

My favourite part was how after getting down by 2, he moved Rooney to some sort of semi-identifiable deep midfield position. Not because he brought another striker on. Just because.

That's tactics beyond my grasp of the game.

As for Bayern all joking aside I really don't see who stops them this year. Pep Guardiola actually took possibly the best team in Europe and convinced them they needed to be a full gear better, and the thing is they virtually never turn it off. Every game, every minute, pressure pressure pressure. Maybe Barcelona or Real beat them, but I can't imagine the logic behind putting money in Champion's League on anyone but Bayern this year. And they're getting Lewandowski next year so I hope Dortmund and Schalke are prepared to spend.

Fucking hell

Yeah definitely scarier than it should have been, and really Liverpool wanted to improve the goal difference a bit, but a win is still the key thing. I'm not counting on those Gooners for much on Saturday, but I live in hope because if Arsenal lose Spurs will begin to eye up that 4th spot.

There is no justifiable reason Rio Ferdinand should still be playing at Man U, he was abysmal all game.  He was just standing around letting players run by him and take shots right in front of him all game.  And Phil Jones isn't a CB, he's useful as an auxilliary left or right back or holding midfielder, but you're asking for trouble with playing him at CB.  Man U have serious problems, but their midfield and forwards aren't the real problem, maybe they are being deployed by the manager poorly, but they need a whole new backline i'd say.

I knew Real would drop points still in this season, I could just feel it. I didn't know it would be the very next game. *sobs* Things may still play out very interesting as I wouldn't be totally surprised if Atletico and Barcelona dropped some kind of points going forward as well. If nothing else, it could come down to the last day between Atletico and Barcelona, when they play each other on the last day. That'll be something. 

As for Bayern, yeah, I think they will most likely repeat as Champions League winners this season. I don't want them to, I want La Decima, but I'm being realistic. Bayern will probably repeat the Treble, which will be unprecedented. 

I would say Barca should win the league now, but with Valdes going down with an ACL injury today and out for the season it's all up in the air still.  It really could come down to the last game w Barca & Atleti.

I hope Barca beats Bayern in the CL final personally, or I'm cool with Madrid winning the CL...or even Atleti.  Anyone but Bayern, Chelsea, or PSG would be fine with me.  I don't really think Dortmund or Man U have a realistic chance anymore.

Part of me wants Barcelona to win because a surprising number of people in the media seem to be in a bizarre "Messi's almost 27 he's fading" thing, and it's stupid and awful.

Then again they just did a poll that said Neymar is the 7th best player on earth, when I'm not sure he's more than the 5th best player on Barcelona. He's 22. Everybody calm down.

• Like 1

A new international competition, the UEFA Nations Cup will begin in 2018, and replace most European international friendlies, with promotion and relegation.

www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26762899

Edit: Looks like the top division, Division A will feature 12 teams in four three team groups. 

And this will take some pressure off in Euro qualifying, as four European Championship tournament spots will be awarded to the top finishers in Division A.