DVDVR Message Board

THE GOOD NEWS THREAD!

Burgundy LaRue

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not concerned about that. I've met a few girls online (I'm an exciting guy!), but this one talked to me today for 2 hours about Matt Fraction's current run on Hawkeye. And she looks real cute. That's why I'm excited.

• Like 1

Awww. I met my wife online via random search on AIM (does AIM still exist?) We're coming up on the 15th anniversary of us meeting IRL.

Yes, it does. I literally use it all day every day.

She's not named "Malcolm" is she?

Screen_Shot_2013_11_17_at_11_57_11_PM.pn

Because if so, and contrary to the thread title...

I'm afraid I've got some BADDDDDD NEEEEWWWWWWS:

You're in the worst Buffy episode.

284px_Irobot.jpg

What does this have to do with Beer Bad?

So our team of old ass men (average age has passed the 30 year mark) managed to beat a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds and the shitty fucking ref at soccer last night. Many a victory beer was consumed, and work this morning is a bit rough. :)

The Illinois-side comedy club in my area shut down about two years ago, but a new one finally opened up this week.  I got to perform at their debut show...think I did okay, need to work off the performance rust.  Hopefully having an option closer to home will motivate me to write more...comedy has been a great creative outlet for me in recent years and I want to keep doing it, but it's been really inconvenient lately.  Most of the show options have been on the St. Louis side and most of the shows start REALLY late(which sucks when I have to work the following morning), so I'm glad this new venue has started up.

Guest The Magnificent 7

We just had the driveway width expanded by about 3 ft. today and a basketball goal pole cemented in.  I'm about 72 hours from putting the goal together and playing basketball in my driveway. 

For some of you, you're probably like BFD.  I live in Indiana, and we grow up playing basketball.  I want my kids to have a basketball goal in the driveway like I did growing up.  It's what we Hoosiers do. 

They better get good fast, because it's no mercy.  SCHOOL is about to be in session for the next 15 years. 

So excited.