DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS 5: GLOBAL WARFARE

RULES
Generally speaking one votes based on a wrestler's performances over the last year. People are allowed to argue in favor or against any wrestler, as well as post any video evidence needed to back up said arguments. However don't take shit personally - this is all in good fun, and any trolling should be recognized as such. 

Similar to NBA MVP debates, this is always the interesting part.  What does best "wrestler's performance" mean to you?  I suspect for most here it plainly means: "who had the best matches in the past year"?  Yet, does best performance not also include the wrestler's promo performance, style, charisma, and overall entertainment value?

Oh, what does it all mean? The question of questions. Must it be

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS 5: GLOBAL WARFARE

RULES
Generally speaking one votes based on a wrestler's performances over the last year. People are allowed to argue in favor or against any wrestler, as well as post any video evidence needed to back up said arguments. However don't take shit personally - this is all in good fun, and any trolling should be recognized as such. 

Similar to NBA MVP debates, this is always the interesting part.  What does best "wrestler's performance" mean to you?  I suspect for most here it plainly means: "who had the best matches in the past year"?  Yet, does best performance not also include the wrestler's promo performance, style, charisma, and overall entertainment value?

Oh, what does it all mean? The question of questions. Must it be

Like i said, Regal's tweets are fair game.

I don't think Ibsuhi/Ziggler is all that close. I can't think of a single thing Ziggler has done in the last what, 9 months? It's not just that he's in meaningless low card matches, he's lost a lot of fire as well. I think he's broken.

The advantage for Ziggler is that Ibushi isn't any good.

The disadvantage is that ibushi was in that great match with Nakamura

• Like 1

Man, while the Bryan/Cesaro blocks are easy to predict, the other 2 are gonna be fucking fun. Tanahashi, Reigns, Wyatt, Cena, and Orton in one group (Orton has a lot of fun shit teaming or facing Bryan this year), and Zayn, Goldust, Harper, Big E and even Devitt in the other side. Should be fun who gets through each block.

Honestly, out of the guys I know of, the ones who were my biggest "why are they in this tournament" on this list, I don't think Dolph tops Big Show. I loved Big Show last year, but I can't remember a damn thing he's done this year that I find worth noting.

And while I might whine about Emma and Paige, but Rowan is probably the guy I think really got missed a bit.

You give me a choice of who to watch right now in 2014 and I'm not picking Dolph..  He's done. Something needs to happen with him because right now it's one step above Miz who has also given up..just sooner.

He needs to stop telling every damn body how much he loves the wrestling business and wants it to use him and grind him to dust.  They're happy to oblige.  WWE eats masochistic nerds alive. 

Wait, someone actually picked Okada to win it all?  I'm a big Okada mark and all, but shit...

There aren't many guys that I will vote over Okada...  Hey, maybe he has more support than you thought!

Another Kazuchika Okada fan here.

You know how if you go to a show that has a one-night tournament, they'll normally book a "bonus" match before the final, to cleanse the pallate before the big match? Maybe that's where to putt the much-discussed Miz/Anderson/Richards triple threat? You know, for kids?

• Like 3

Honestly, out of the guys I know of, the ones who were my biggest "why are they in this tournament" on this list, I don't think Dolph tops Big Show. I loved Big Show last year, but I can't remember a damn thing he's done this year that I find worth noting.

Big Show's best was the great Last Man Standing match with Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown in January 2013 . Only thing I can remember about Big Show this year was Brock Lesnar swinging chair assualt at the Royal Rumble.

You know how if you go to a show that has a one-night tournament, they'll normally book a "bonus" match before the final, to cleanse the pallate before the big match? Maybe that's where to putt the much-discussed Miz/Anderson/Richards triple threat? You know, for kids?

It's gonna be a close one!

453577280_cc0020df71.jpg

Big Show's best was the great Last Man Standing match with Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown in January 2013 . Only thing I can remember about Big Show this year was Brock Lesnar swinging chair assualt at the Royal Rumble.

But that LMS match isn't in the voting period. It's March to March, more or less. Like I said, I LOVED him last year. Argued strongly he should have got further, and that him losing to Henry was a joke. This year though... There's no substance there.

Rockstar Spud v. SUWAMA in the opening round is hilarious.  Four of the better luchadores eat each other alive in round one, while this years Cody Deaner advances over the sixtieth best guy in Japan. 

Where the heck have you been? You should have been here pimping lucha..  I'll be honest, after all the WWE/U.S. indies/Japan, I really don't have much time for anything else but for this tourney if someone can point to the best work of x-wrestler I will definitely give them a look. I'm not sure how many will vote this way but I'll agree the lucha guys deserve an opportunity.

Rockstar Spud v. SUWAMA in the opening round is hilarious.  Four of the better luchadores eat each other alive in round one, while this years Cody Deaner advances over the sixtieth best guy in Japan. 

I think we're almost to the point where Dylan bypasses frustration and goes right to amusement.

Eh the right lucha dudes got in. I'd have fought for Aero Star but he wasn't used a lot during the voting period this year. Or last year.

Aerostar's on my shortlist of guys I would've put in if this was 64 Wrestlers That Jae Liked to Watch in 2014. If this were that tournament, a lot of these guys wouldn't even be included.