DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR MARCH MADNESS '14: GLOBAL WARFARE

jaedmc

IMPORTANT: You may have noticed that Rippa and the Powers That Be have given me an upgrade in abilities. If you take things too far, or become too much of a nuisance - you'll be getting a time out.
Above all: Don't be an idiot.

I am being discriminated against.  SAVE ME ARIZONA GOVERNOR JIM BREUER!!!!!!

Also WHY IS DEAN AMBROSE IN A BRACKET WITH SO MANY SCARY JAPANESE NAMES!?!?!?!??!!?!??!!?!?

I'm not racist or anything...it's just...I want my country back.

also, I've been informed that the governor of Arizona is actually Jan Hooks. 

• Like 1

Punk not making it out of the first round will be glorious.

Curious which Shield member receives the most love from the board. I'd wager Ambrose > Rollins > Reigns but who knows.

Yeah that's a difficult call. Can't go wrong with all three.

Is there any way notes can be made a few hours before voting opens so people can make arguments and post matches before people will vote?

There is always an option when creating the post that says "poll open" and "poll closed" time

So in theory Jae could make threads say today but the poll doesnt open till Monday

I say in theory - because I have never used those options before

I say in theory - because I have never used those options before

Oh, god....when they start messing around with theory in March Madness...

Jurassic_Park_33_Hold_on_to_your_butts1.

Yeah...again...in theory.

What about the lysine contingency?

Specifically for Matt D and the Goldust/Bryan thing he's trying to develop here.  He should be denied lysine for that, right?

Curious which Shield member receives the most love from the board. I'd wager Ambrose > Rollins > Reigns but who knows.

Are you asking who makes it further, or who is considered the best right now? Cause Rollins is the best, he's just got a shit draw having to deal with Cesaro in the Elite 8. I'd argue Reigns over Ambrose in the last year too.

• Like 1

Glad to see some BritWres guys get in, though there are at least 10 UK guys who had a better year than Allmark and Dynamite. Going to find it hard to pick some of these

I didn't think of the UK guys until late, and the ones I got were dudes I saw on lists at Wrestling KO and in Dean's Youtubes Thread.

Really dig Robbie Dynamite though.

• Like 1

Glad to see some BritWres guys get in, though there are at least 10 UK guys who had a better year than Allmark and Dynamite. Going to find it hard to pick some of these

I didn't think of the UK guys until late, and the ones I got were dudes I saw on lists at Wrestling KO and in Dean's Youtubes Thread.

Really dig Robbie Dynamite though.

Oh, I think Dynamite is great, it's probably just a testament to how good BritWres is nowadays that I'd say there were so many guys that were at least as good. Not complaining, by the by, with the number of wrestlers you have to filter down, it's cool that Deano and Dynamite both got it

The Bray Wyatt/Roman Reigns confrontation is going to be epic. 

Most of these bracket predictions have just led to a ton of matches I really want to see: Virus vs Goldust, DBry vs Okada, Shibata vs. Dr Wagner and Shibata vs Rollins...March Madness has made me a Shibata fan.

LA Park vs Bray Wyatt? Hot damn that would be an epic bloodbath. 

Not complaining, by the by, with the number of wrestlers you have to filter down, it's cool that Deano and Dynamite both got it

It's cool. It's not a perfect system and if people don't say anything I won't know what I'm missing. I tried to get everything in from John Cena to Joshi. The only thing I feel bad about is not getting someone from Puerto Rico, but I just didn't have time to dig around. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the mix.

Some of these match-ups may not appeal to WWE only fans(which is fine if you are), but some of them seem pretty neat for folks who try to watch everything. I tried to include a couple Japan only and Mexico only matchups so the Lucha/Puro folks can have a little fun without having to explain who someone is. But even the cross over matches like Ibushi/Ziggler and Luke Harper/Shiozaki are pretty difficult calls if you keep up with everyone involved

Are you asking who makes it further, or who is considered the best right now? Cause Rollins is the best, he's just got a shit draw having to deal with Cesaro in the Elite 8. I'd argue Reigns over Ambrose in the last year too.

I'm of the Rollins > Reigns > Ambrose opinion.  

My usual metric for picking a favorite is "who would I most want to see wrestle Bryan?" but you could probably open that up to Cesaro or Brock and it wouldn't change much.

I'm of the Rollins > Reigns > Ambrose opinion.  

My usual metric for picking a favorite is "who would I most want to see wrestle Bryan?" but you could probably open that up to Cesaro or Brock and it wouldn't change much.

There's your problem.  The metric is supposed to be "who would I most want to see do a Robert Conrad-style Eveready commercial."