DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] What Are You Watching?

RIPPA

Totally agree with everything you say.  But I'm also a subscriber, love the Network, have no desire to cancel, the Shield doc was a pretty cool bonus.

Those people who bitch and moan about everything aren't going to change their minds because they got a great 60 min doc once a month.  They'll be happy for a day, and then they see ANYTHING they don't like...  Shit, they get six live PPVs for the price of one, and one match doesn't go their way and they're DONE.

• Like 2

Was watching the Punk vs Lesnar match from Summerslam 2012 on the Video Vault and it was strange that it featured commentary from Heyman and Brock that seemed to be done at the same time as the Lesnar vs Cena special this year.    Makes me wonder if they are going to work on a DVD or network special featuring Brock stuff from the last year because I don't see the connection from last year's Summerslam to this year Summerslam

By the way, how weird is it watching him just destroy Cena now while the previous year Punk got a ton of offense even to the point that you can actually think Punk was going to win. 

The first episode, "The War Begins," of the Monday Night War is up and is 55 minutes in length. Keith David is the narrator.

I wonder if this will be the first time WWE acknowledges that WCW was only doing what Vince had done in 1983 onward.

I'm watching the first Monday Night Wars episode and, I know I should be used to it but fuck, "Sports Entertainment" and "Superstars" will never, ever sound anything other than awkward to me. It's absolutely amazing that this company has stuck with Sports Entertainment for decades despite there being no evidence of anyone calling it anything other than wrestling. Again, if they put as much effort into their booking as they do their dumb fucking catchphrases and revisionist history, we'd have a far better wrestling landscape.

• Like 2

I liked the opener to the Monday Night Wars show.  I am still annoyed to see Vince Russo in this, want nothing to do with him.  But it was a good show.  The revisionist history isn't that bad just yet, but you can tell it's going to ramp up in future episodes.

Switching gears, watching Royal Rumble '89 to follow the Hogan/Savage feud.  It was cool as hell seeing those few minutes of Hogan taking out Savage, the fallout, then the interaction with the Twin Towers.  The crowd lost their mind and it was glorious.  Only problem was they did it too damn early so when it was all done the crowd didn't care for much else.  They loved Studd winning, but they were dead before and after.  I'm fine with Studd winning, but I sure wish the Hogan/Savage/Twin Towers stuff happened much later on.

Okay, so I decided I'm going all-in on this.  I'm focusing on Macho Man through the years from the Mega Powers until his feud with Jake Roberts.  I can make do with SNME and PPVs, but if there's any other shows that feature key moments in this timeframe I'm all for checking them out somehow.  I just want to see the transformation from being a face to being hated to reuniting with Liz to the wedding to the feud with Jake.  Any key Superstars shows or anything else is gravy.  This is going to be fun.

Yeah, they painted WWE the victim as usual. Wasn't too thrilled with the first episode. Seems like these were in the bucket before Sting signed his deal with WWE, which is a shame. Speaking of Sting, he's mentioned only in passing and the show focuses on WWF guys leaving for WCW, because they're the only reason why WCW was successful.

After watching OMG Vol.2 I think the demise of WCW had to do more with their own gross incompetence then anything else. And I thought the first ep. of The Monday Night Wars was pretty well done.

Me too, especially after seing DVD from years ago and Confident episodes it was pretty good they just need more WCW guys to talk like Sting and Goldberg ect.

Lex was okay too.

Vince does play to roll of the victim but I rathe hear him than other agents or whatever do it through the show.

I think a hypothetical, WCW-produced "Rise and Fall of WWE" DVD would have Bischoff criticizing WWE's pushing of WCW-castoffs like Austin, Foley, and Triple H.

I was under the impression that this Monday Night War thing would coincide with actual episodes of Nitro/Raw from whatever week they were talking about.

One thing I really enjoyed were the clips of Ted Turner from 1998, especially when he pointed out that Vince wasn't entitled to a monopoly. Really wish Turner got back in the game.

What if Turner...  bought....  TNA?!  OH MY. 

Anyway, yeah I really enjoyed the first episode. Are these Tony Schiavone interviews new? Also, it's pretty funny when you have Vince and co. whining about what's fair and what's ethical.

Miz is so ridiculous on this. THEY GOT LUGER TOOOOO!!!

What if Turner...  bought....  TNA?!  OH MY. 

Anyway, yeah I really enjoyed the first episode. Are these Tony Schiavone interviews new? Also, it's pretty funny when you have Vince and co. whining about what's fair and what's ethical.

Miz is so ridiculous on this. THEY GOT LUGER TOOOOO!!!

I didn't find Miz ridiculous, because he is a legit fan and that is probably exactly what he was thinking.  WWE not realizing that Luger's contract was up is just plain negligent business.  They can be mad at WCW, but that is their own dumb ass fault.  It was a really good first episode, I just wish they had the corresponding Nitros to go along with them.

I think a hypothetical, WCW-produced "Rise and Fall of WWE" DVD would have Bischoff criticizing WWE's pushing of WCW-castoffs like Austin, Foley, and Triple H.

I was under the impression that this Monday Night War thing would coincide with actual episodes of Nitro/Raw from whatever week they were talking about.

One thing I really enjoyed were the clips of Ted Turner from 1998, especially when he pointed out that Vince wasn't entitled to a monopoly. Really wish Turner got back in the game.

Triple H & Foley I could in vision that but not Austin because he wouldve hired him in a heart beat and had him on a Hogan schedule in it happened before he retired. I'd really like to know if 'Taker would have come in as a "taker like gimmick or would he have just retired or do like Sting and join at the end of your career?

So, I was watching Bash 92 for the Sting/Vader match, and at some point, Ventura makes a comment about Vader being big and not cut.  This segways into Ross and Ventura BURYING the fuck out of Bodybuilding.  No Money in it, no one watches.  Made even better when I looked up when the WBF ran, and saw it ran a PPV in June and died a horrible death thereafter, complete with losing Luger because of the motorcycle accident.  I think that was the first time I remember anyone in WCW taking such an open shot at WWF.