DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Meltzer says WWE is looking to sell their library to Warner, if that happens that will be the beginning of the end for the WWE Network. The end may be sight. Although I have no idea why Warner would even want it, other that sell DVDs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Being my goofy self, I got a thinkin', .Would anyone watch a program with Pete, Joey, and Rodney's return as The Mean Tweet Posse? Granted, I haven't invested a whole lot of time on this idea. The name is all the further I got with it.

someone pitched the Mean Street Posse for this years King of Trios.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it is because I am one of the 1000 people that have NFL Now on Roku I am used to advertisement before and in between video on demand content.  Of course I am only paying $2 a month for NFL Now and they are updating their content on a regular basis.  

Commercials isn't the problem with this channel right now it is that the only time they update the channel is when the membership near cancellations.   Unfortunately I don't think the extra income will help that

Main problem with the network is that a lot of people don't sign up for it to get Season 1 of Total Divas, Top Tens, and This Week in Wrestling. I want older content. I want my WCW Saturday Night, the rest of Nitro, WWF Superstars from the '90s, and Primetime!

Of course, I think that is probably the last thing on their list of reasons why the Network isn't doing better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got my e-mail reminding me that my subscription ends on November 7th. When I first signed up, I never thought I would be considering letting it go after the first six months. The last few PPV's have been underwhelming and the older on-demand stuff that I signed up for is coming out at a snail's pace. I may let it go and check back in another six months. I really do want the network to be a success but, at least for me, it's not what I'm looking for at the moment.

On some brighter news for those wondering when they are going to update the vault section according to PWInsder.com

The WWE Network will present "ECW Week" over the course of the WWE Network, featuring:

*ECW Exposed - Joey Styles doing an in-depth interview with Paul Heyman, airing Monday at 111:06 PM Eastern after Raw goes off the air.

*40 new episodes of ECW Hardcore TV will be added to "The Vault" VOD area.

*The Network will add three ECW Arena events to their VOD section as well:

-Hardcore Heaven 1995 (The Public Enemy vs. The Gangstas, ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Cactus Jack, Raven & Stevie Richards vs. Tommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon, Ian Rotten vs. Axl Rotten in a Taipei Death Match, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Taz, Hack Myers vs. Val Puccio, Dudley Boyz vs. Pitbulls)

-November to Remember 1995 (Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack & Raven, ECW World champion Mikey Whipwreck vs. Steve Austin, ECW World Tag Team champions Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The Public Enemy, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis in a Mexican Death Match, Bill Alfonso vs. Tod Gordon, Sabu vs. Hack Myers, Pitbulls vs. Eliminators, Konnan vs. Jasonn Knight, Stevie Richards vs. El Puerto Rican, debut of Blue Meanie, The Dudley Boyz, Taz and more)

-Cyberslam 1996 (Brian Pillman invades ECW, ECW World champion Raven vs. Shane Douglas, Francine & Pitbulls vs. Eliminators & Stevie Richards, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu, Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack, Bruise Brothers vs. Headhunters, Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Mr. Hughes, Taz vs. Joel Hartgood, Tommy Dreamer and more)

• Like 2