DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Don't know if anybody else got this message 

We would like to notify WWE Network customers using Xbox 360 of an issue accessing certain pay-per-views and classic content after launching the WWE Network app for the first time. We are aggressively working on a solution. In the mean time, if you are experiencing this issue, please do the following:

1. Go to Xbox Settings.
  2. Select Family.
  3. Set the Content Controls to allow for TV-14 content.
  4. Save the settings and restart the WWE app.

This should allow visibility to the missing content.

For further information, please visit our help center.  

Honestly, I think they may be broadcasting the pillarboxing.  Can anyone verify this?  I'm at work, and only have a widescreen monitor, but I'd think if it was a native 4:3, the controls would adjust to the output

The network broadcasts everything at 11:9 at 720p.  So when something old that was done 4:3. they're putting the pillarboxing in.  My monitor at work pillarboxes it when I go full screen, and my PS3 does it and there's no stretch available, just zoom (PS3 is connected through HDMI)

Gotcha. Thanks guys.

EDIT:

I'm using the Roku 2 XS and noticed that I'm missing the Old Schools from 1986 as well as the lone 1983 episode of World Class. I can view them from my computer but they don't show up on the Roku. I logged out and in from the Roku but still didn't have the aforementioned episodes. Anybody else having this issue?

FWIW, they've added several new "year" slots to the WWF PPV menu on Roku.  I think it was '75, '77, '80, and '84 or something like that.

I wonder if they'll be adding more supercards that they have.  It wouldn't be a precedence (Big Event), so it's very possible.  They have the Shea show with Bruno/Zbyszko with new commentary by Cole and Foley (in Cole's best turn at commentary ever), so they may as well throw it on there.  I think it's missing a match, but it'd still be worth it to have there.

-J\/\/

360 app still isn't showing content even after following the directions in the email. Of course, I'd tried that before with no success, so I was aware it didn't work, but...yeah. Frustrating.

Having a new issue tonight through Xbox...the live feed will buffer for a bit and then kick me out saying "WWE Network is unavailable", but if I go out and hop back on I'm able to reconnect just fine.

Also that trick for XBox didn't work for showing all the content, but I don't think anyone really expected it to anyway.

With the Roku 3 I've noticed the new content that isn't showing up is stuff we don't have headers for. For example, in Old School we got the new 91 house show, but haven't got any from 85,86,87 because of no headers. Same for the legends of wrestling. We are missing the Texas wrestlers one because it wasn't taped in 2008 or 2012. We haven't gotten the WCCW from 83 cause our headers are only from 82.

TNA would be a waste of bandwidth that could go to something more worthy like GLOW

I've said this before, but there has to be some worthy content in the TNA library. Maybe it's not the best library, but it is one I see WWE wanting to own, and eventually owning. Even if all it gives me is thirty or so worthwhile matches then I'd be happy with that. Plus, variety is king, and adding TNA sometime in the distant future will give the Network even more variety.

Some of the X-Division stuff is pretty good. If they ever wanted to do a Kurt Angle doc, he's had several good TNA matches where having the TNA library would be useful. Same for Sting, although I'm not sure if he's had any legit good matches post-WCW.

TNA would be a waste of bandwidth that could go to something more worthy like GLOW

I've said this before, but there has to be some worthy content in the TNA library. Maybe it's not the best library, but it is one I see WWE wanting to own, and eventually owning. Even if all it gives me is thirty or so worthwhile matches then I'd be happy with that. Plus, variety is king, and adding TNA sometime in the distant future will give the Network even more variety.

There's only so much time. Five, ten years from now, they're not even going to have all of their mid-south and Championship Wrestling from Florida up. I'd be surprised if they had all of Wrestling Challenge up in five years at this rate. Why dilute that at all with TNA? If they buy the library, they should do it to burn it. 

• Like 1

There's only so much time. Five, ten years from now, they're not even going to have all of their mid-south and Championship Wrestling from Florida up. I'd be surprised if they had all of Wrestling Challenge up in five years at this rate. Why dilute that at all with TNA? If they buy the library, they should do it to burn it. 

There's only so much time for each individual, and their tastes may vary. WWE needs to offer as much content as they can, and to keep it varied. Adding other libraries won't hurt the Network in any way. It offers variety in the programming, which is something they should be aiming for. Giving people the most options to watch will keep the majority, if not all, of their subscribers happy. They don't need to act like TNA, or even the WWC, is a premier library to own. Just offering it is enough, and giving their subscribers the chance to stay logged in longer and making sure that if they are watching content they are choosing to watch Network content,

There's also probably the hope that acquiring a library like TNA, or other more mainstream libraries, will bring over fans from those feds who have been on the fence about the network. WWE should be striving to get as many subscribers as possible, and if acquiring TNA's library will bring in more subscribers and more money (I believe it would) then there's no reason for them not to go after said library.

They'll need TNA at some point for Sting and Angle alone.  And yeah, the sad truth is that "vintage" TNA is much more recognizable and marketable than old territory stuff.  There's also probably going to be a WWE sanctioned TNA doc at some point where they shit all over the company and laugh at how bad it is, and they'll want the library to tie in.   

(I posted a long write up about this but it disappeared...in the meantime PLEASE SOMEONE TRY AND ANSWER THIS FOR ME).
AS WELL?
I'll make this short and sweet;
The WWE has already charged me for the $9.99 fee(even though my free week wasn't even but a few hours old0..
With that being said, WILL I RECIEVE "WRESSTLEMANIA 30" as well?

I didn't see an option, an empty box to click into etc for the WWE NETWORK to remove a $60 subscription fee(this was listed in the small print in the intitial WWE Network commercials-bating you into signing up for 6 months so you could also get WRESTYLEMANIA 30 AS WELL.

Thanks in advance folks,

Any comments and legit answers would be much appreciated!!!

(I posted a long write up about this but it disappeared...in the meantime PLEASE SOMEONE TRY AND ANSWER THIS FOR ME).

AS WELL?

I'll make this short and sweet;

The WWE has already charged me for the $9.99 fee(even though my free week wasn't even but a few hours old0..

With that being said, WILL I RECIEVE "WRESSTLEMANIA 30" as well?

I didn't see an option, an empty box to click into etc for the WWE NETWORK to remove a $60 subscription fee(this was listed in the small print in the intitial WWE Network commercials-bating you into signing up for 6 months so you could also get WRESTYLEMANIA 30 AS WELL.

Thanks in advance folks,

Any comments and legit answers would be much appreciated!!!

If you were charged $60, it sounds like you may have paid for the entire six-month subscription in one lump sum. I seem to recall that was an option when I signed up, but since there was no discount in prepaying I decided not to choose that option.