DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Strange that we lost a number of ECW 1994 TV shows.   They aren't even on the PC much less Roku or any other devices

Judging by what's currently up there, I think those are the same four Hardcore TV shows that were up when the Network first launched. It's weird that they took down the episodes they added afterwards but didn't add anything new. I'm assuming it's a glitch/they're doing something.

Any word on when the Xbox 360 app will feature everything that's missing and bug fixes?

If not does anyone know how I can email them and ask myself? All I can find is a phone number and FAQ page and I don't really want to be on the phone all day nor does the FAQ page answer my question. 

According to AskWWE the shows disappearing is a technical issue and not intentional. Some shows can be accessed if you know the link. For example Hardcore TV #27 is not showing up for me on the interface, however I can access it here network.wwe.com/video/v31298119. Same with #37 network.wwe.com/video/v31291081

I used this archive to find those links. www.reddit.com/r/wwenetwork/wiki/wwe_network_shows, however some of the links don't work. 

Interesting. It's been the same deal with the first Monday Night Raw episode where it's not listed under the Raw Replays but you can search for it by typing in "Episode 1" and finding it through the results.

weird.. They put up RAW #15 but skipped over #14?  I don't get what they're doing with 1993 at all..  :lol:

What makes it weirder is that #14 is showing up today at 10:00 on the live stream but not on the shows section.   Although from reading the description of #14 I believe this is the one where Green Lantern Fan gets engaged so maybe they were doing a public service.  :D

I wished they had something of a DVR service on the Network until they fix these issues.  They have a Remind button but I think all it does it send an email that it is about to start.  If you miss the show you are out of luck

I've heard that WWE has sent out a survey asking people if they would be willing to pay $11.99 a month for the service. Are they fucking insane? This shit is barely two weeks old and there's still a mountain of technical difficulties. Who the fuck wants to hear about a possible price increase?

As great as WWE Network is.. you just know they are going to drive people away sooner than later.

I think the $11.99 is likely the price once the 6 months runs out. I find it useful to bookmark whatever you're watching or want to watch so that you can go right  to it once you have time to watch it. It's finally running okay for me and my desktop. 

Stuff would have gone up and off on On Demand on a weekly basis, but I wish they'd add expiration dates on stuff that's gonna disappear.

I think they'd be nuts to try a price increase in the first year. They're going to hemmorage subscribers in the non Mania half of the year anyhow.

Don't get me wrong a two buck increase isn't a big deal to me, i'd still think it's worth the price, but given that people were talking about class action suits over bleeped outt fucks and digitized titties I don't think an increase would fly with most.

On xBox 360, I can't access and Royal Rumbles other than 2014 and now I've noticed I can't select any other Mania's other than 29 now too. Anyone else having these problems? I can select years for other PPV's (watching Great American Bash 1989 right now).

If these things are fixed soon I'm probably gonna cancel before my free trial is up because the 360 is my main mode of watching since I watch while using my laptop. Atleast until I find out that most of these issues (and a search function and all the on demand content) are worked out.

Was that people or just our very own concern troll Cibernetico?

When my Roku wasn't working I spent an inordinate amount of time on Twitter searching for answers. A surprising amount of people were pissed about the bleeped out swear words. I thought Cibernetico was one of a kind. He's not.

I shudder.

Stuff would have gone up and off on On Demand on a weekly basis, but I wish they'd add expiration dates on stuff that's gonna disappear.

Does anybody with a  better grasp of this kind of technology know why WWE is going to be taking down content? Is there a limit to what they can have on the network at a time? I too wish they would expiration dates on stuff would be a handy tool.

Xbox 360 playback is still spotty at best and very weird. I can search years for In Your Houses and Summerslams but not WrestleMania or Survivor Series. The only WCW I can get to is Great American Bash through it being a WWE ppv.

I mean it's fine right now cause there's still a ton of stuff I want to watch that is available and I can use my laptop to watch whatever. But when the cat is asleep on me and I can't really move, it is a tad annoying.

Does anybody with a  better grasp of this kind of technology know why WWE is going to be taking down content? Is there a limit to what they can have on the network at a time? I too wish they would expiration dates on stuff would be a handy tool.

Short answer: Storage + bandwidth + infrastructure at the Data Center the main servers are at (NYC)

Long answer:

They got X amount of servers/network connections when they built this setup.  Storage is cheaper than it used to be, but its still expensive in the sizes something like the WWE (also, say, Netflix) needs.  Plus you need server boxes that can handle multiple accesses simultaniously, and infrastructure that can handle the traffic  All the HD programming that's been produced since the WWE went to full on HD is massive (we're talking GB's per show.)  The old stuff is time consuming to get up to Network standards (a 3 hour MSG show from the 80's probably takes about 7-8 hours to digitize and clean up, depending on the quality of the master), so getting that stuff up is costly.

Taking down stuff after a while is to make room for other stuff.  They have X amount of space set aside for new PPV/TV/Network Original stuff as they make it, and they know about how much they're gonna need over a year/longer, so that's reserved.  They would have X amount of storage for the back VOD stuff, with the PPV's needing to stay considering their popularity.  So the Old School stuff and the old TV episodes are the ones that are gonna suffer.  That's the stuff that's gonna go up and down constantly.

They most likely have planned expansion models dependant on different sceanaro's.  Without knowing how many boxes they have, what they are, and to what capacity those boxes are filled to, its still money and manpower to expand the storage, even if they're adding another drive/blade/card.  And adding another box?  Shit, that's months to put one in.

If I have followed these threads right,  starcade 86 has been a pain in the ass for lots of people.  I was doing really good until intermission mark and then it is freezes/buffers like crazy.   Doesn't matter whether it is Roku or PC for me.