DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

The Bryan/Sheamus thing sounds like something they would leak out to rile up Bryan's fanbase, especially with the history of Bryan and Sheamus at Mania, getting bumped and then 18 seconds. I'm not saying they weren't actually thinking of doing that match they very well could have but they also could have just been working the internet fans.

• Like 1

No, that's entirely believable given he had just finished feuding with the Wyatts right before he started up with HHH again, who was supposed to be having a match with Punk. Feuding with Sheamus is entirely logical given the sequence of events and who was beefing with who. DB may be the fans choice, but goddamnit, BD is a movie star!

I have been apprehensive about how the matches will play out as well. Considering the people they have called to New Orleans at the last minute I think they are planning on over the top celebration. Sort of like when Christian won the TNA title. Only this would actually be justified and have 100x more people in attendance and watching on TV. First time in a couple years I don't have to try and delude myself into thinking Cena has to turn for something interesting to happen on the show. 

I think this is most I've looked forward to a WrestleMania since WrestleMania XXVI. The matches I have most interest in are The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H, John Cena vs. Brya Wyatt and the main event. A few weeks ago it was only the first two matches and what was Randy Orton vs. Batista to see how badly the crowd reacted to it.

• Like 1

against my inner smark, I've made a bet with my best friend that if Batista wins this Sunday, he's buying all of the food at the Bonnaroo Festival in June. If D-Bry wins, I'm buying. I'm really torn between those two choices when it comes to the eventual winner.

Two Words:

Spicy Pie

Two More Words:

Amish Donuts

Also, there is some belief (not sure how accurate this is) that Austin might be involved with the CM Punk situation if he appears this weekend but Austin has been predicting that Punk WILL show up at Mania.

• Like 1

When was Bryan and Sheamus ever hinted at? And besides..  why does it matter how we got here? Whether this was the plan or wasn't the plan is irrelevant. Bryan is in probably the two biggest matches on the card. Even if it wasn't the original plan they eventually realized it was the best option.

I think Bryan wins the title and Batista takes it from him within a couple months but that's fine with me because I think Bryan is going to be better off on the chase.

I think Bryan - HHH is first or near the top of the card (like hour 1). Just to give the storyline time to play out.

This literally could be them coronating their newest main event star, so why not build it up all show.

• Like 1

Although there's also drama to be found in a half-dead Bryan immediately having to face Orton/Batista. Those gauntlet matches on Raw were one of the things that got him over.

But really, either works.

Where DB/HHH is on the card will more or less reveal the finish to the match (assuming you don't think it's in doubt). If it's the opener, DB goes over cleanly, any other result (including a draw which makes the main event a 4-way)the crowd will turn on the rest of the card. If it's one of the last to go on, expect HHHijinks.

Watching Legends of Wrestlemania, I gotta think this is one of the last times Ric Flair might be appearing on WWE television. He was already looking really rough before they showed the package about WM24 and the retirement when he absolutely lost it.

• Like 1

Supposedly Austin is in town, according to the WWE's text alerts.

Yeah.  He said he would he at the HOF sitting with JR on his podcast.  

He's confirmed for Mania too, with WWE hyping up tuning in to find out what his role will be

Watching Legends of Wrestlemania, I gotta think this is one of the last times Ric Flair might be appearing on WWE television. He was already looking really rough before they showed the package about WM24 and the retirement when he absolutely lost it.

That was... I felt bad watching it.