DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

Of course he's not. I just think the entire build up is so ridic given that the outcome is already known. Considering that the usual formula uses reverse psychology where the weaker one prior to the PPV is typically the victor there, I guess they're using reverse reverse psychology here, in that Brock is Taker's bitch both before and after the match. And since double negatives equal a positive, the end result is simply that Brock looks like a pussy before he's soundly defeated. Solid storytelling~~

Agreed. They did let Brock get his shots in last night, but far too little, too late. He should have been screwing with Taker and getting away with it for the last month to give him some cred.

But this pre show, being exclusive to the Network, needs a big match to try and lure last minute network signups.

Wait so this pre-show isn't going on YouTube for free? I thought that was the thing. Free to stream on Youtube and FB and Yahoo and whatnot to try to grab a few more last minute buys. If this is going to be a Network exclusive, it really does kind of defeat the purpose.

They are using little stuff like the preshow match to lure subscribers. The Network is where the money is now.

I already assume that Mania has a 100% chance of technical issues on the Network. I can't even imagine trying to subscribe at 6:30 Sunday evening.

• Like 1

They are using little stuff like the preshow match to lure subscribers. The Network is where the money is now.

I already assume that Mania has a 100% chance of technical issues on the Network. I can't even imagine trying to subscribe at 6:30 Sunday evening.

Sure but you're not an idiot. Lots of people are and will wait until then for idiotic reasons.

So have there been replays confirmed during the week?  I plan on watching, but I will probably fall asleep or miss parts of the show.  I wonder if they will replay the show immediately that week, or will we have to wait?  

My question is if the live show starts playing, can it be paused for an extended period of time. I would prefer to not wait until the next day, but my daughter doesn't typically go to bed until 8 or 8:30, so the show is being paused for about an hour to an hour and a half. I wonder if that's possible.

• Like 1

So have there been replays confirmed during the week?  I plan on watching, but I will probably fall asleep or miss parts of the show.  I wonder if they will replay the show immediately that week, or will we have to wait?  

My question is if the live show starts playing, can it be paused for an extended period of time. I would prefer to not wait until the next day, but my daughter doesn't typically go to bed until 8 or 8:30, so the show is being paused for about an hour to an hour and a half. I wonder if that's possible.

On the XBox when you start a show that is all ready in progress it gives you the option of starting from the beginning or starting from that point in time.  I'm not sure if you can fast forward though.

Wrestlemania Tonight is a bizarre mess of a show. Josh Matthews seems to be nearing the end of his patience between JBL burying everybody ever and Road Dogg having a fit on a miscue.

against my inner smark, I've made a bet with my best friend that if Batista wins this Sunday, he's buying all of the food at the Bonnaroo Festival in June. If D-Bry wins, I'm buying. I'm really torn between those two choices when it comes to the eventual winner.

The logical conclusion to the story (SummerSlam to now) would be Bryan winning, but, man, they've booked Batista like a huge pussy and he's been in the background for pretty much all of the build-up. Either Bryan wins and has a short reign before losing to Batista in the summer, or it's the reverse. I'm going with the former, despite the bet I made with my friend.

As much as I hate it, Batista's gotta have the belt(s) before his movie opens in August. There's a good few months in-between there where Bryan can reign supreme for a little while. Seemed like they were kind of alluding to a HHH/Batista short feud/matches for a minute or two, as well. Interesting main event scene, tons of ways they can go, but they risk pissing off their most vocal crowd(s) of the year (WrestleMania, RAW after 'Mania)