DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X!

Dolfan in NYC

man, I was really hoping all the really bad armchair booking ideas involving random 80s wrestlers would die when the Network debuted, so you guys could get your nostalgia fix there. Guess I was wrong :(

• Like 2

Very wrong. I will fantasy book stud stable vs. Rhodes family til I die. Best feud ever.

You probably want to use sperm from Bunkhouse Buck and Dusty Rhodes to artificially inseminate the entire Divas locker room, willing or not, in order to continue the feud for another generation.

• Like 1

Austin vs. Rhodes, Starcade 93. Six man thunderdome cage match, Superbrawl 94. Buck vs. Rhodes Spring Stampede 94. Buck vs. Rhodes Slamboree 94. Buck and Funk vs. Rhodes and Anderson Bash at the Beach 94. War Games Fall Brawl 94. Anderson vs. Rhodes Halloween Havoc 94.

As far as PPV matches go, I believe it begins with Spring Stampede '94..  Dustin vs. Bunkhouse Buck in a Bunkhouse match. It's a tremendous match. The feud continues throughout the rest of the Summer into War Games then Dustin has a one on one with Arn.

Edit: Fowler has it.

This si how I see Wrestlemania working out... bold predictions before tomorrow night's RAW...

Pre-Show Match - Sheamus, Kofi Kingston & Dolph Ziggler vs. Christian, Alberto Del Rio & Bad News Barrett 

Big E vs. Cesaro (I think Cesaro beats Ambrose due to some screwy Shield mishap on a SD! to get the US TItle) - Big E unifies belts when Swagger cost Cesaro the match

Rusev vs. Mark Henry (or Big Show depending on who is hurt)

Rowan & Harper vs. New Age Outlaws vs. Goldust & Cody vs. Usos - Usos get their big win

Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose (w/ Seth Rollins as guest referee) - Reigns loses because of Rollins

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena - Cena pins Wyatt after both Wyatts interfere

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar - Taker's streak continues

Daniel Bryan vs. HHH (No title shot for DB) - The Game pins DB but DB gets the pop back post-match

AJ vs. Funkadactyl - AJ Loses

Batista vs. Orton vs. CM Punk (if he does return) - Batista wins WM anyway

I'll give it a go. Matches in no particular order.

Countdown Show -  I say they do a battle royal to get the rest of the guys on the show. Lets give the win to Rusev. Make him look strong for the new year.

Sheamus vs. Christian -  I could see this on the countdown show as well. I think maybe they do an extended countdown show because it's The Network so maybe they fit two matches in.

U.S. Title Match - SHIELD EXPLODES.  Ambrose vs. Reigns vs. Rollins.

I.C. Title Match - Big E vs. Mark Henry.

WWE Tag Team Titles - I do see the Usos winning the titles, probably will be a multi team match.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt - They keep Wyatt going strong, Cena takes a couple weeks off and beats him at Extreme Rules.

Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger  - Probably under five minutes.

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H - If Bryan can beat Triple H he is inserted into the main event.

Divas Title - AJ Lee vs. Tamina Snuka

WWE Title - Orton vs. Bryan vs. Batista - Batista wins and Triple H makes him "the face of the WWE"

Even as a Punk superfan, sticking him in that match would be random and bizarre.

If they go the shooty / pipe bomb way, it would make sense since it gives Punk a reason to come back. If they go the Authority kayfabe / "Kane kept me from headlining" route,  they do the Kane vs. Punk match to get Punk in the title shot at Mania. Both ways could be done. 

• Like 1

I think no matter what, a lot of fans will be booing Punk in the title match if it happens no matter how many "pipe bombs" he does. If they choose to do a three way than it should be Bryan.

If they put Punk into the three way, you and I are having a bet on the reaction he gets.

• Like 3