DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I have a friend who grew up only watching WWF. Never watched any other wrestling besides that. I was telling him today about the network and how I watched a couple Barry Windham matches and he replied with "Who's that?"

This is something I plan to correct in very VERY short order.

Fuck yeah for Doom's power jazz theme not being dubbed over....

Now that the DOT issues have been sorted and vod is working flawlessly on PS3, I've been able to go back and plow though some shows I couldn't get culled up the past couple days. Love this network and the DOTS allowing for pinpoint match skippage almost make up for it kiboshing the network all day yesterday.

Really the musical rights issue is the only real negative I can find. It was particularly bad on Halloween Havoc '89 as nearly every entrance suffered the dreaded overdub. No Midnight Express theme, no Iron Man, no Wipeout for the Dudes (aside: how funny is it to hear JR brag about Johnny having a degree in sports business management?), no whatever Pillman's theme was, no Badstreet USA(?)....

And worst of all, no Bob Seger for Doom. The jazz theme is fine but no song+entrance combo is more perfectly imprinted on my prepubescent mind than Woman coming out to Strut.

I'm watching Spring Stampede '94. You know who was really good before his knee injury before he left WCW? Johnny B. Badd. He and DDP had great chemistry.

Do not know what show it was on (Fall Brawl maybe?) but Badd and Pillman have a great WCW PPV opener in 94 or 95.

I like continuity so I went with the first two RAW episodes and am on Royal Rumble 93. Even if it was in a video package I am grateful to see Marty accidentally striking Sherri with the mirror since I never saw that angle growing up.

King of the Ring 94.  Why?  Because Owen Hart was my favorite wrestler from the time I started watching in 97 until his death, but I missed most of his heyday.

Please tell me that Art Donovan will be eaten by sharks at some point during the show.  "Does he wrestle in all those clothes?"

King of the Ring 94.  Why?  Because Owen Hart was my favorite wrestler from the time I started watching in 97 until his death, but I missed most of his heyday.

Please tell me that Art Donovan will be eaten by sharks at some point during the show.  "Does he wrestle in all those clothes?"

How much did Owen weigh in 94?

• Like 1

How much did Owen weigh in 94?

I just love that Gorilla had to explain to Donovan that the reason "that girl" (Luna) was screaming was that she wanted Bam Bam to stand up.

Anybody else using a Roku 3 still having VOD issues? 

Yes.  I get 3-4 minutes tops and then it loses the connection and I can't get it back.  Seems to happen no matter what I try to watch via VOD.

I can get some footage to run for up to 10 minutes, but no longer. some stuff doesn't work for a minute before I get the "Unexpected error" message. 

the live stream works fine though, hope it holds up tomorrow night for NXT. 

Anybody else using a Roku 3 still having VOD issues? 

I have Roku 2 and I am still having VOD issues.  It has improved greatly from the last 2 days but still headaches.  I watched about an hour of Wrestlemania 20 and had to restart with that stupid socketerror message about 3 times.  But at least the resume is working

I am really confused about the purpose of the Seach option on this network.  If you do a search on smackdown 1999 it is about 30 pages and probably 99% of it doesn't work because the only Smackdown show out there is the first one.  And if you do a search to pull something from that August show nothing comes up.  Is this just a roku issue or is everyone's search screwed up

My Roku 2 XD streams, but it won't play VOD for longer than about five minutes.

I have been streaming/doing VOD off the PS4, which has a terrible UI, but which also works with no hiccups.