DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Man putting shit like Brother Love and Buddy Rose between shows is exactly what i would do if I was running this

We better get 2 Cold Scorpio soon

We gonna take a ride in your limousine? 

NUH UH

We gonna walk?

NUH UH

WE GONNA STEP

ERRRYYYYBODDDY HERE COMES 2 COLD SCORPIO!

WOOOOOO YYEEAAAHHHH!

SCORPIO SCORPIO!

2 COOOOLLLLD!

YEAH!

Sadly, WWE appears to not have the rights to anything off of Slam Jam - they've even edited "A Man Called Sting" off the Clash shows on CoD's last month.

967fe5310599388.jpg

Anyone else on PS3 having trouble with the PPVs? I hope it's not my internet connection but Netflix has been running fine so I doubt it.

No, I utterly cursed myself a few pages back when I said I was having no problems. I had no problems with my computer and iPhone at work but as soon as I got home and tried to use the PS3, I've been beset with problems.

Yesterday, I bitched about it taking 40 seconds to load a ppv after that TV-14 screen or whatever. Well, they got that fixed as ppvs load instantly now. Only problem is, I've tried 4-5 of them (old WCW ones) and ALL either freeze at random spots or you can't fast forward/rewind at all.

And they STILL haven't fixed the little problem of the shows remembering where you left off. So I got 2/3 of Starrcade 91 done this afternoon but I guess there's no finishing the show unless I start over from the beginning because it starts me off at the start every time and won't let me fast forward to where I left off.

I did notice one thing....random DOTS are popping up on the WCW ppvs every time I load a different one. Each dot is a different match so I'm guessing the code monkeys are indexing the matches for the search app. Maybe that's why vod is all fucked up.

Anyone else on PS3 having trouble with the PPVs? I hope it's not my internet connection but Netflix has been running fine so I doubt it. 

I did on the PS3 last night, but they worked fine on my laptop. Got two hours to go on Starrcade '85 (3/4 in matches with color so far), and I think I may have to check out Wrestle War '92 afterwards.

I really do not like how limited the PS4 app is so far. I guess there's no search function and I guess you're supposed to be able to skip to certain chapters. Also, I'm in buffer hell whenever I try to watch archived PPVs.

I have a feeling the 360 app will be better if it will ever start working.

I'm giving up for the night, but I'll check by again tomorrow after work. At least the live feed has different programming on tomorrow than we've seen. Survivor Series 2012, the '77 "Old School", the other RAW flashbacks, etc. Hopefully everything will be working by the weekend.

I agree that the network looks horrible on the Roku, though. Really disappointed in that.

They haven't put in a feature to make it remember where you left off. They added in chapters earlier today but in trying to fix the iOS and Roku portions of the library, they broke the GET feature which grabs the library on the web version. I am seriously just wanting this to work but instead find myself debugging more than anything wondering how these mistakes are getting past their developers.

I know someone referenced it before, but what is with Pat Summerall narrating the WrestleMania Rewind show? It's so odd.

Because they hired him to do it 2 years ago.

Interesting. I had no idea about that. Terrific call on their part.

I really do not like how limited the PS4 app is so far. I guess there's no search function and I guess you're supposed to be able to skip to certain chapters. Also, I'm in buffer hell whenever I try to watch archived PPVs.

I have a feeling the 360 app will be better if it will ever start working.

The PS4 app is trash, but the PS3 one is really good.  It still won't let me watch much VOD, but it just works twice as smooth as the PS4 without that god awful noise when you press a button.

I thought we were turning the tide with The Network on the Roku. I fired up Survivor Series 92 and it was rolling along nicely up to the High Impact/Headshrinkers match. Then "connection timeout"

Of course this happened after Starcade 84 crashed and I have no ECW footage at all. No Hardcore TV or PPV's

Bit the bullet and picked up a Roku 3 today.  Although I still cannot wait until the VOD is perfect, with Roku I now have plenty to keep me occupied, especially with the YouTube app.

I agree that the Roku WWE Network menu is pretty ugly, as is Android's.  The best is on my iPad, why can't they all look like that?

Streaming is still working as great as it did for me yesterday.  Watched the NXT intro show at 8, and I'll probably see what's on tap later.  Tried a few WCW ppvs after and they still crapped out, so I decided to throw Mania 29 on for the heck of it.  Still in the six man and I don't expect to make it past, but we'll see.

-J\/\/

They haven't put in a feature to make it remember where you left off. They added in chapters earlier today but in trying to fix the iOS and Roku portions of the library, they broke the GET feature which grabs the library on the web version. I am seriously just wanting this to work but instead find myself debugging more than anything wondering how these mistakes are getting past their developers.

I am not saying you are full of crap because you aren't the first person saying this but how do you know all of this inside stuff about Roku and the Network?  

What is completely confusing me is that people on twitter is saying the once they got their birthday entered they were able to see all of the ECW footage.  I know for a fact that in order to register for the Network I had to put in my birthday. 

It might've been helpful to do some more beta testing before unveiling this. A lot of these things would've been caught if they simply spent a week testing stuff. 

With the free week offer, this week pretty much is the beta test.  They just suckered in the hardcore fans to paying upfront for six months to be a part of it.

For those asking, it looks like they bleeped some of the language on the ECW PPVs (I can't imagine ECW censored it themselves at the time but I don't have an original to compare to) but they didn't try to mute the crowd's inappropriate chants.  Also frontal nudity is blurred which is funny as that is a very American thing to do (show excessive violence, censor breasts) but I guess understandable.

So this network doesn't offer uncensored content as advertised? And people were making a big deal about WWE showing their COMPLETE PPV library, but get a complete pass on showing edited content?

It is 2/25/14. 9:53PM and I can't access SHIT on my Mac. Nothing. Nada. Zero. I tried some of my WWE stock today. The launch week for the WWE network thus far has been pretty shitty and I doubt that WWE will meet its projections on actual signups due to the fiasco thus far...

I would love to see the WWE network server graphs right now.