DVDVR Message Board

Community: The Final Season

Ellsworth Toohey

Yvette Nicole Brown tweeted a photo of CM Punk visiting her on set (they're friends... Which is unexpected). 

It's Chris Hardwick's fault. They met on Talking Dead and bonded since then. I believe both of them have mentioned it while appearing on Nerdist. That, and everybody likes Yvette Nicole Brown.

Ummmm...... how are they going to do another season? I thought last year was "the end". Joel McHale got his degree, ferchrissakes. How are they going to work out of THAT plot hole?

He gets hired by the school, to teach law or defend them in a lawsuit.  Or any of a hundred other ways, there's plenty of options.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw this on Grantland!  SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE.  

http://youtu.be/D-3kFjFbSSE

The new Community trailer will give you glimpses of Breaking Bad’s Jonathan Banks andJustified’s Walton Goggins. It'll nod at the #sixseasonsandamovie campaign. It'll even joke about Donald Glover's impending series exit. But what it does most spectacularly is show that Dan "The Man" Harmon is back, and he's going to run this thing like Sauron. Get ready.

• 3 weeks later...

Yvette Nicole Brown is essentially doing DVD commentary on twitter on the west coast feed of the show. Among other things...

The rest of the cast didn't know about the Chevy cameo beyond McHale

The 1st episode wasn't great, just alright. But the 2nd was really good. Leonard being harassed was hilarious and I liked the random students calling out Mr. Winger for continuing to act like he was still a student.

Didn't really care for the premiere although I appreciated the effort, but that second episode!  Teacher Mike was awesome and by the time we got to Nic Cage: Good or Bad? Yep, sold.

It's amazing that we are even getting another season after that mess last year. I'm going to enjoy it!

Having not seen any of last season, I'm wondering if I should give in and watch them or do you think they'll basically ignore them during this season for the most part? Can you say one way or another based on the first two?

I enjoyed S4, but Harmon being back...really didn't seem to make much of a difference based on last night's eps. They were fine, but not blow-away and the show's tone visually just seems bleak - it's like everything's got a blue filter on it. I marked out hard for

Chevy

Season 4 was a mixed bag that started very bad and ended with some decent episodes.  I'd watch them, I think they're worth the time if you're a fan of the show. 

First episode wasn't very funny but was successful as a "reboot" of the show.  Second episode was much better and Abed's Nic Cage outburst is going to haunt my nightmares...

Having not seen any of last season, I'm wondering if I should give in and watch them or do you think they'll basically ignore them during this season for the most part? Can you say one way or another based on the first two?

I only made it through a few episodes last season and I didn't feel like I missed anything.  Episode 1 did a pretty good job of setting up where they all were after the end of last season for someone who hadn't seen it.

I didn't hate season 4 as much as most fans.  I actually like how they handle Jeff; well most of the time.   However, I thought the characters were handled better in the first two episodes than most of season 4.  I've been over Pierce's character for awhile now, so I didn't miss his character at all.  I will missed Troy's departure though.

I'm glad they put all the shipping Anne/Jeff/Britta stuff  on the back burner for now.  I know it'll come up again, but hopefully it won't be handled as poorly as it was in season 4.  The "A minus riot" scenes were funny and I thought the tag at the end of episode two was grand.  Very Sound of Silence

The "Repilot" episode had to reestablished the direction of the show so I understood why it was more plot than funny.  I still thought it had some nice subtle jokes in it; Britta asking if she had to say something like everyone else when she was signing the lawsuit papers got a chuckle out of me.  Rob Corddry will forever be typecast as an asshole character and I'm okay with it.

The characters appear to be at the bottom of barrel right now.  Jeff pretty much calls everyone attending Greendale lifelong losers in both episodes.

Troy being so angry about Zach Braff leaving Scrubs and "doesn't he realize what Scrubs did for him?!?!"  was hilarious.  Comedy that's that self-aware can be really annoying if done wrong, but somehow Community is able to nail it.

• Like 1