DVDVR Message Board

Titanfall

Big Fresh

I am at a crossroads right now with the ps4 vs xb1 because of this game.  I want the ps4 because it's a better deal, better system, but the xb1 has/will have better games...

I spent about 30 minutes this morning looking over gameplay and trailers & stuff on youtube for this game.  It looks awesome, and is made by the people that made the good Call of Duty games. 

Pre-ordered it on PC this weekend. I appreciate how there's no, like, Digital Collectors Editions or anything like that. The thing I get for pre-ordering it is being able to just download it instead of argue with the store on a day of the week that's usually super busy for me. For no extra charge, even!

I'm excited to be the worst titan pilot on earth. Although apparently a later perk lets your auto-deployed titan use its special weapons when appropriate, so maybe at that point I'll just use it as a roaming sentry thing. We'll see. Right now I'm still committed to shotgunning fools.

I'm a little confused by this game. It looks great and if there was a 10-15 hour single player campaign I'd be in. I'm just not interested in online multiplayer, I'll never wear a headset and yell cover me at some douche like Big Fresh.

So as awesome as this game looks I question if it's for me.

• Like 2

One of the main criticisms all along has been that they overpriced the console.  It's $100 more than the PS4 and they force Kinect on you which MS won't budge on.  They're only three months into the life of the console and they're doing a promotion like this which is basically a slap in the face to the people who actually supported the company and it's ridiculous pricing model at launch.  They should find a way to compensate in some form or another the current console owners.  It just seems like they go about everything the exact opposite of how they should. 

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder! For anyone that bought it on PC through Origin, Pre-loading/installing is available now. Given that it's 48 Fucking Gigabytes You Monsters, you might want to think about it.

Also, someone pointed out to me that Titanfall is kind of an embarrassing achievement: an online competitive FPS where you can choose gender but it has no effect on gameplay and the armor remains completely practical. It's just so anyone can have a character that represents them instead of just dudes. Also also, having advertisements that feature male and female soldiers looking equally fucking badass. Weird that it took so long, but thank fuck someone's going for it.

If Dark Souls II was launching the same week with XB1/PS4 versions, I think it could very easily steal Titanfall's thunder.

But still, Titanfall looks amazing and I wish I was more of a multiplayer gamer. I would feel too much of a sense of urgency to actually enjoy it.

Destiny thread derails to Titanfall

Titanfall thread derails to Dark Souls II

now taking bets on what derails imminent Dark Souls II thread. Infamous? MGS? Luftrausers?

(i hope it's luftrausers)

Luftrausers does look nice and like a version of Missile Command but in HD.

I saw a video on Youtube (which has since been taken down, stupid EA) of one of the campaign missions and I had a biggest "FUCK YEAH" feeling watching it.

MAG's environments + Brink's wall running + COD's perks + Chromehounds = Titanfall?

J.T., I might be tempted to rejoin Team Xbox and get a Xbox One. ;) Unless a PS4 version gets announced....

Less than a month away. Though, I won't be getting it then because I'm not planning on getting an X-Box One until April.

I will be getting this but I won't get my XBone until the end of May when Watch Dogs comes out.