DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to get my main character to 400 just to say I accomplished that and have gotten him up to 384. I also have never maxed out a character in IB. In the past, I'd never had much trouble getting to level 3 or 4 when I tried to after a couple of hours. I won my first 3 IBs and then basically kept getting paired with the short end of the stick as I lost like my next 13-14. It was quite infuriating and left me stuck at level 2.

Chaos, you're probably aware already but the quickest way to get to 400 is just play Crucible for a few hours and you'll get drops that put you up to 400. Also throw in the odd 3 of coins too. I got to 400 super quick this way when I realised I had nobody to do raids with.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes and Dammit - didn't realize I posted that in the wrong thread.

Not really.  Knowing you and your OCD, you will merge these two threads when D2 launches.

I havent really been playing much. No nightfalls in a couple weeks at least.  I've ran trials bounties on my hunter the last 3 weeks trying to get that scout.  Ive been remodleing two places this summer and 3 gardens to keep up...Ive stayed kinda busy.  

Last weekend of trials and i was wanting a burning eye.  Didnt have to be adept, but i got shit from the bounties, so my last chance at one was the chest at the lighthouse.

also working on the d2 beta crucible vid.  I know the video's suck but I'm learning.  

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why keep two threads alive when you could make a Destiny Omnibus thread?

A) If you haven't noticed - I like having separate threads (especially for slow folks trying to avoid spoilers) because that is the how my anal retentive nature manifests. The omnibus threads tend to be just for series that have long since passed or don't get the foot traffic that Mass Effect or Destiny get (or basically any thread that has lots of us playing multiplayer

B) The board HATES super super long threads (especially in terms of loading, etc...) that is why I tend to cut things off after a point. The GTA V thread is a regrettable exception.

C) Lets be honest almost no one is going to be playing the original Destiny when 2 comes out and the 2 thread is gonna become the omnibus thread anyway.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

B) The board HATES super super long threads (especially in terms of loading, etc...) that is why I tend to cut things off after a point. The GTA V thread is a regrettable exception.

Yow, that explains why Firefox goes apeshit on my tablet at home whenever longer threads chock full of Youtube and Twitter links try to load.

Soldier on with your process.

• 4 weeks later...

Last hurrah in crucible, really these are just some of the clips of the last run I had in the game, in crucible of all things.  I cancelled the d2 pre-order 2 weeks ago... these were  some leftover clips that weren't uploaded.  I know nobody gives a shit, but I finally got a 2 kill 1 bullet double headshot with a sniper rifle, learned how to glitch on top of the vaults at the tower, and smoked entire teams in each subclass (basically anyway, i didn't get a good clip with the titan and the sword, but it does pop the 10 kill relentless medal and I had a good save after the sword swing threw me off the edge on pantheon)

For all it's faults over the years, at its core Destiny was a spectacular game.  Dare I say, the best fps ive ever played. While it was far from perfect,  it had something for everyone, but it was at its best with a group of friends.

Sure, it was laggy, campy, buggy,  and grindy; there was spawn killing,  and more spawn killing...there were no shortage of fuckbois everywhere...but the game played beautifully. 

As it sits now, I've put 89 days, 5 hours and 58 minutes into this game...on XB1.  That doesn't count 360.

It was most likely my favorite video game ever.

• 4 weeks later...