DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I dont disagree with the point that there should have been some more matchmaking in Destiny

I mean to have it for say IB but not Trials is silly

I dunno.  6v6 PvP is a lot less exposing than 3v3.  The mechanics for the IB are a lot more forgiving than Trials is.

I have gone solo into the IB and have managed to pull out wins even when saddled with a not so great player dragging down the team average and I have gone into Trials with a team I have nearly gone flawless with and gotten squashed.

It probably would've been even worse if I had to work with two players that either weren't interested in winning.  Some teams sandbag on purpose in order to farm passage coins, so think about what it would be like to get two randoms like that on your squad?

Fuck that.

So they posted some shit about bungie day on bungie.com or .net or whatever the damn website is, but I cant link, copy or paste on this shitbox kindle...im hoping someone will so we can discuss.  Its interesting to say the least, seems like a little better than last year

Btw, my year two MoT are done, cool looking shaders n emblems too

• Like 1

Oh, go to the tower and pick up your book...

Picture lol...sadly my s5 is dead, my burner doesnt have the capability and this kindle smokes pole at everything.  I had to side load the destiny companion over onto this and it doesnt even work half the time (amazon's doing, god forbid they dont try and squeeze every nickel they can out of you in support of their horrible excuse for an app store)

JT will love this...it seems the app updated for the year 2 MoT and broke the website, widespread issues of people not being able to access characters.  I experienced this myself trying to track down the code for the tshirt.  Attempted force stop clear cache, when that didnt work I did a force stop clear data ...then uninstall reinstall.  Worked for a second until I tried to access the code again and then it shit the bed once more.  After that I started trolling @bungiehelp and a typical trump supporter on twitter (basically called him a dumbass and presented a fact to him)

• Like 1

Logged in. Collected my Log Book. Completed Moments of Triumph. I'm not sure what i expected really. 

I did knock out a prison just because it's the perfect storm of Small Arms and precision bonus this week. Took us about 15mins to get 60k so we just blew through another in less than 10 to get the remaining 30k. The game basically runs like its 2014 at the moment. With no community made apps working you have to transfer gear the old fashioned way, manually via the vault.

• Like 1

I've never understood the whining about matchmaking. The only thing that there is no matchmaking for that there probably should be is the nightfall and back when it booted you to orbit there shouldn't have been matchmaking. Maybe CoE also. It's a terrible idea for raids or trials. I've done every IB I've played solo with no problems. Just got all three characters to rank five this past time without a pre made fire team and had zero issues. There are plenty of easy avenues to find teammates online. 

• Like 1

If the PS exclusive Echo Chamber strike is anything to go by there should never be matchmaking in a raid. It has the simplest  raid mechanic of taking a relic from point A to point B while the other 2 defend you. Most randoms can't seem to get that right. But some people still insist on raid match making.

I'd go the opposite way and keep everyone happy. Optional matchmaking for everything. If I'm just playing with a friend I'd rather it didn't add a 3rd in for strikes etc. A solo player struggling with a nightfall could get some help (it's a glorified strike now anyway). Those who want to try and solo things get the chance. Those who just want to grind out bounties for Trials don't have to look outside the game for a team. And those insane enough to want to do a raid with 5 randoms and no mics can enjoy their wasted time.

edit: One thing for those completing their MoT. While it is account based and you can complete the individual tasks on any character, the fragments all have to be on one character. It won't detect them if you have, say, 47 on one and 3 on another. I'm glad I did that Golgoroth challenge on my Warlock last week now or I'd be waiting 3 weeks to get another crack at it.

Well that was hell. A friend needed the Oryx challenge mode to complete his moments of triumph so we figured a quick normal mode raid would be the way to go. Hit up the ol' LFG. Revives and less mechanics, easy right? Wrong. The level of quality of players still doing normal mode is...not good. Despite most of them being 330+ they only had a handful of completions between them. We'd have been better off knocking out a hard mode. At least then you're getting experienced players even if there are a few wipes. Definitely shouldn't take an hour on NM Oryx to kill him! I did finally get that elusive Titan raid hat i was missing so it wasn't all bad. But yeah, this is not a raid you can carry people through.

Interesting thing though, while waiting for the randoms to join me and the 2 regulars tried 3 manning the Warpriest. We got him down 1/3 health in the first rotation. So it would be theoretically possible to kill him with just 3 people.

17 hours ago, Basara said:

Well that was hell. A friend needed the Oryx challenge mode to complete his moments of triumph so we figured a quick normal mode raid would be the way to go. Hit up the ol' LFG. Revives and less mechanics, easy right? Wrong. The level of quality of players still doing normal mode is...not good. Despite most of them being 330+ they only had a handful of completions between them. We'd have been better off knocking out a hard mode. At least then you're getting experienced players even if there are a few wipes. Definitely shouldn't take an hour on NM Oryx to kill him! I did finally get that elusive Titan raid hat i was missing so it wasn't all bad. But yeah, this is not a raid you can carry people through.

Interesting thing though, while waiting for the randoms to join me and the 2 regulars tried 3 manning the Warpriest. We got him down 1/3 health in the first rotation. So it would be theoretically possible to kill him with just 3 people.

Good to know for when I try to run King's Fall for the first time on Normal. I was not able to do much of anything this weekend. I got in one Heroic strike last night. I am going to try and snag the other two Heroic strikes tonight before the reset. Granted, I'm running on 4 hours of sleep, so all bets are off.

My MoT is rather depressing looking, and I'm debating if I can get the rest of it over the next two months.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Good to know for when I try to run King's Fall for the first time on Normal. I was not able to do much of anything this weekend. I got in one Heroic strike last night. I am going to try and snag the other two Heroic strikes tonight before the reset. Granted, I'm running on 4 hours of sleep, so all bets are off.

My MoT is rather depressing looking, and I'm debating if I can get the rest of it over the next two months.

Your biggest obstacle with the Moments of Triumph is going to be the Calcified Fragments. 6 of them are time gated on a 3 week rotation so there's only a limited amount of times they will be available before September. The 3 T3 Court of Oryx bosses and the 3 King's Fall challenge modes rotate on a weekly basis so they will only come up 3(i think) more times each before the cut off date. The normal mode version of the raid challenges do drop the fragments so you don't have to complete them on hard but you'll have to do at least 1 hard mode run for the 'Oryx kill on hard' MoT. There's also another fragment you get for completing a Nightfall on the Dreadnought. There's no guarantee what the Nightfall will be each week but i'd like to think Bungie throw a few Dreadnought ones in there so as not to screw over people who still need that fragment. Also, if you are running more than one character make sure you collect all 50 on one and not spread out across them or it wont recognize it.

All the other tasks are pretty achievable although some can be real grindy like the exotic sword quest and the ridiculously long Crucible quest. Just a note if you don't have an exotic sword yet, part of the quest is also time gated where you have to wait a week for Armsday so don't leave it until the end of August only to find out the cut off date is before the next Armsday

Because I quit playing well before the April update I missed out on the challenge modes and those subsequent fragments so I have that to do. And I never bothered with the exotic sword quest either. Finishing up the long crucible quest now. Rest of it was done already. 

Did Trials with my Hunter and Titan. Didn't go to the lighthouse. Got a Water Star hand cannon and Inward Lamp scout rifle. Inward Lamp had good perks but I'll probably shitcan the hand cannon. 

The Nightfall is Sunless Cell this week, so be sure to run it if you still need the calcified fragment for completing a Nightfall on the Dreadnaught.  

No guarantees there'll be another one.

• Like 1

I logged in long enough today to kick the soccer ball off the tower and pick up my weekly crucible bounties in hopes the last one would auto complete...unfortunately it didn't.  

My interest is fading fast again.  Ive completed the year 2 MoT already, I wanted to help damien and inline get theirs done, but it is a fucking chore to get them to do anything.  Im not your momma, im not going to hold your hand or carry you through this shit.  If you are going to get it done, like I did...ya might have to start hitting up lfg...like I did.  

Maybe im just living my gimmick too much, idk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

I logged in long enough today to kick the soccer ball off the tower and pick up my weekly crucible bounties in hopes the last one would auto complete...unfortunately it didn't.  

My interest is fading fast again.  Ive completed the year 2 MoT already, I wanted to help damien and inline get theirs done, but it is a fucking chore to get them to do anything.  Im not your momma, im not going to hold your hand or carry you through this shit.  If you are going to get it done, like I did...ya might have to start hitting up lfg...like I did.  

Maybe im just living my gimmick too much, idk

God, if I had ten bucks for every time I dragged a member of the old DARPA crew through Skolas's Revenge...

For anyone still after infusion fodder (or just want to do the Crucible questline the hard way) the Iron Banner is back today. Ol' Saladin is bringing gloves, boots, sniper rifles and pulse rifles with him.

I got the pulse rifle the first (and only) time he sold it and it's my go to weapon for crucible. If that's your thing then pick one up. The original roll was Outlaw and Third Eye which works well for pretty much anything you want to play. Will be interesting to see what roller brings this time.

• Like 1