DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Sure would be nice if Bungie would post the notes for this pending patch.

And yeah, lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth at Bungie.net and DTR over the servers wetting the bed.

Happiness is a working lunch where you can surf the web and still get your tech notes white paper done on time and avoid being yelled at.

Yeah - I was mid-match and suddenly two guys were shown as leaving my team and I was like "that's odd.. we are winning"

and then BOOM! black screen

First was caterpillar then when I tried to get back on it was banjo

So I got back on but immediately got the "game world rebooting soon" message

I didnt bother to go to IB because of that but did bounties for like 20 minutes and never got booted.

So I got back on but immediately got the "game world rebooting soon" message

I didnt bother to go to IB because of that but did bounties for like 20 minutes and never got booted.

So what you're saying is that I should download Dungeon Siege III since it is free with my Gold membership because Bungie will burn the night away whacking at this issue.

Notes from the Hot Fix are now up.

Tower

Cryptarch

• Fixed an issue in which Rare Leg Armor Engrams were not decrypting correctly

Lord Saladin

• Fixed an issue in which descriptions for Iron Banner Shaders, Emblems, and Ghosts were displaying random perks incorrectly.

Only two issues addressed.  No Sunbreaker nerf, Hand Cannon accuracy adjustment, or fix for the Nightstalker PvP quest. 

I don't think they should nerf Sunbreakers because it is all coming from a bunch of assholes that believe they should never be killed in PvP.  I have no problems taking out Sunbreakers in PvP and I am smart enough to find a shady spot and wait out their timer when I hear the warning clang of the anvil. 

Anyone who doesn't simply respect the Hammer of Sol and evade as not to give the Sunbreaker free points for kills is just fucking stupid.

Hand Cannons were overnerfed in this WT patch just as Auto Rifles were in the first WT patch.   The range nerf can stay in place but the accuracy and damage dropoff nerfs has got to fucking go.  The reason so many people hate the TLW portion of the Chaperone quest is that Hand Cannons blow goats in the Crucible.

I was kind of hoping the patch would add the 20% increase to Iron Banner wins that the last patch should have had but its not a huge deal. The Banner is going by pretty smoothly so far. Didn't have much time tonight but in just 2 games i did the 13 primary kills, 3 heavy kills and 11 of the 15 ability kills. I'm sitting about one win away from rank 3. I will probably hit rank 4 on Saturday at this rate then wait out the weekend to cash in the rest of my bounties and jump everyone to rank 5 on Monday.

As much fun as it is to slaughter the enemy team as a Titan in the Iron Banner I do think the Sunbreaker needs something of a nerf. It doesn't matter that it's easy enough to out smart it, i.e just run away. Or team kill them. Its way more powerful than the other supers. It's got a longer timer and more shots than any other super in the game. I'm not saying it should be crippled, just brought inline with the Golden Gun and Nova Bomb which it seems to be the bastard love child of.

Speaking of Sunbreaker - I had one of my most fun moments today.

I got Vertigo like 4 straight times. Grr...

Well anyway - the Heavy Ammo drop was coming in so I head to one of the spots.

I get there at the same time as the entire other team. Fuck...

... well except my super filled at just that exact moment so I was like well I am taking fuckers with me.

Popped my super and killed 5 of the 6 guys at the HW box.

I really should have recorded it

• Like 1

Well, it is the end of an era.  I got the Dreg's Promise and Queenbreaker's Bow out of Legacy Engrams anymore so I now officially don't have to go to the Prison of Elders for anything other than raising my rep with Variks.  Also, the only remaining Exotic Special Weapon grimore cards I need to unlock are all TTK content.

I'm annoyed that my DTR Combat Rating is sinking like a stone. I had a CR of over 95 last week and now I am a smidge above 91.  

Lots of 3rd and 4th place finishes in the IB and dcons in the middle of matches that penalize me as if I quit out.  Going to have to play a lot of Classic 6v6 after the IB to try to pick my numbers back up and get some more sword kills for my Exotic Sword quest.

Finished Zavala's High Priority Target quest and got a shitty 280 Legendary Rocket Launcher.   Thanks for the LMs and weapon parts, Commander.

Xur is selling the Immolation Fists today and Bungie loving their jokes gave it the Hand Cannon and Sidearm speed load perks guaranteeing that a bunch of Glass Needles are going to be sold this weekend.

I got Vertigo like 4 straight times. Grr...

I played like ass last night in the IB but my teams tend to do really well on Vertigo and I actually like that map. My best match of the tournament was on Vertigo where I went 25-8 on Thursday.

Holding the high ground really matters.  The area near the rampway leading up is a killzone.

As for The Drifter.  That map can kiss my ass. 

Well not when you already own them at a higher light level

Stupid fucking Xur

It also has the worst weapon loader perks for a Titan.  I think you are the only Titan I know that even remotely tries to use a Hand Cannon and barely anyone uses them now outside of PvE. 

The Immolation Fists that Xur has should come with a discounted set of Glass Needles.  Titans are going to re-roll until they get Pulse Rifle Loader or Shotgun Loader on those gauntlets.

I take back what i said about the improved reward system. I've had one drop so far, as apposed to the 3 i got when it was supposedly broken.

Warlock's almost at rank 4, tomorrows bounties should push him over the edge to where cashing in a weekly bounty on Monday will jump him to rank 5. Same with the two alts, a couple of games just to get some bounties finished and they are straight to rank 5 on Monday too.

The good thing about finishing 2 days early is that i can hoard up the last 2 days worth of bounties to get a head start at the next Iron Banner.

Fucking Iron Banner. The game must have realized i complained about not getting enough loot because it gave me 3 chest pieces in 6 games, none over 300. Perfect for my Warlock who already has the raid chest at 318. But that's OK! I've got that sweet 310-320 reward from rank 5 to look forward too! oh wait, another 310 Ghost. Fuck you Saladin.

But whats this? I logged out, remembered i hadn't picked up the two Guns he was selling and logged back in again only to have the helm randomly drops for me in space? Thank you Lord Saladin! i'll fight anyone who speaks ill of you! Its 313 so not a huge improvement but it does mean i can use an exotic in another slot now.

The artifact seems to be a guaranteed drop from the rank 3 package. Not much use on my Warlock since i finished the raid quest for one but neither my Titan or Hunter have an artifact above about 290 so it should be a good boost for them.

My helm drop seems to be a known bug. Apparently the rank 5 package doesn't always drop an item when you crack it open. It will drop a ghost and nothing else.  You have to return to orbit, or log out and back in again, for it to drop. Pretty happy with the Warlock helm as that completes his Iron Banner armor. It's once less character to do it on next month. Looks pretty good too. But it's the Titan helm i really want!

So I was pleased that my ghost was 310 - because it means I can give my 303 ghost to my Warlock

More importantly - I HAD BOOTS DROP AT 316!!!

YEAH BITCHES!!!!

I am debating trying to be the top scorer in a match just so I can carry that bounty over until the next IB but I have so much other crap to do.

• Like 1

I never did hit the top score in a match this time around, or complete the win a game with 2500 bounty. They were so much easier to get with Control. I did notice they've only been 7 bounties so far in the rotation, i cant remember what they all were last time but those last 2 must have been Control related. I do have one of the weekly bounties left over on my Warlock that i don't really need since I've got a complete set of Warlock armor now but it will be a real easy rank 5 package next time if i want to use it.

Not sure if i'll get on today to finish off the Titan and Hunter to rank 5 but i don't really need too, they've got enough bounties to hit rank 5 tomorrow if not. My ideal drops from my last 2 rank 5 packages are a higher level ghost (every chance I've had at a 310+ ghost in the raid and Banner have dropped at 310 so far), the Titan helm, because it looks freakin awesome, and a high level weapon. Again all my shots at 310+ guns have landed me a 310. 

I bought the 280 chest piece because I was close to the LM cap and had a pair of 293 gaunts drop for me on Sunday night.  I will make the push to Rank 5 this evening and see what happens.  The belt of the Hunter chest piece bristling with knives is fucking awesome. 

Hopefully I will score on boots with my Rank 5 package.  The change in motif will obviously force me to invest in a new cloak.

I had some decent performances last night but not very many wins. There would always be a guy on my team so shitty that he could not be carried.

My DTR Combat Rating is pushing the mid 90's again so I am happy about that.  I need to get a victory tonight and drop these Iron Medallions I have in my inventory,