DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Congrats on the Thunderlord.

The RNG in this game just likes to screw with me i think. Did my last Crota normal run of the week tonight, would have been a great run if i didn't already have everything i got. Took me ages to get the Black Hammer and it finally dropped last night, so i got a second today (damn it!) i also got a second Hawkmoon from the Deathsinger (goddamn it!). Two great drops and both no good to me. I did manage to get the Titan Class item from the Deathsinger though. Again, I've done the Deathsinger 20+ times and never got a class item, i then get the Warlock and Titan items within 24 hours of each other. Just one Hunger of Crota please? is that too much to ask?

I did a normal mode Vault of Glass with my Titan in hopes of increasing the chance of armor, i got nothing but shards and energies all the way though. Why do you mock me Destiny? A side note, normal mode VoG is incredibly easy at 32, we 4 manned the entire thing in less than an hour and it didn't even feel like a Challenger.

One positive for me in this iteration of IB is that I already got Timur's Lash as a drop a few IBs back, so I'm not really under any pressure to make rank 5 so I can buy it.

And I'm now 1/4 of the way to rank 4 and the helmet which will give me 100% exotic versatility.

I would like to get to 4 so I can get the chest piece and helmet.

I am just made rank 2.

This would be WAY easier if JT and I had finished the Nightfall yet.

Whelp - Xur having Ruin Wings officially means I will be grinding for 72 hours in IB to make sure I get to Rank 4 (since I can get a helmet and chest piece and then the only thing I would need for 32 are boots)

I was going to play some this am since my buff still had a hour to go but XBOX Live is being stupid

Wow, so Trials isn't a horde mode. I'm not thrilled about that. The multilayer mode sounds neat, but that should be a part of the Crucible. This game should have a horde mode.

Oh, OK. That's fine then. I had the two confused. I could actually see Trials getting my group back into Destiny and matches having some interesting swings.

Who am I kidding. Getting them to leave Heroes of the Storm or DotA is next to impossible.

I've just started destiny. I'm on PS4, anybody interested in coop? I'm right near the start however. Got a mic if that helps.

I believe Basara is PS4. Craig is on the PS I just don't remember if it is 3 or 4

Make sure you also join the DVDVR clan/group over at Bungie

• Like 1

Got to Level 3 so I got the chest piece. Over half to Level 4 so I should get there tomorrow. Just need to make sure I have enough Glimmer for the helmet.

Was all excited because I grabbed the IB bounty for relentless. Then I managed to pull one out of my ass. Then I realized that I had do it 9 more times. Then I was sad.

I am also irritated that when I got an End of the Line (shutting down a guy on a 15 kill streak), it didn't count toward my Enforcer bounty

• Like 1

I played Destiny for the first time in...goddamn, 2-3 months yesterday.  did the nightfalls and weekly's on my hunter and warlock.  Fully upgraded my Warlock's Mythoclast (now I have 2 fully upgraded)...Still need to work on upgrading a patience and time and 2nd icebreaker...  

The xb1 game is $30 on amazon, I ordered it this morning then immediately cancelled it.  I have a Forza 5 GOTY *wrapped* that I could trade in for xb1 Destiny...with HoW coming out soon, and my availability for game play drastically reduced due to my work schedule (my employer hates me I think) Ive been kicking around the idea of getting this just to have something I can play for a 30 minutes-an hour a day if even that.  Since I'm never on at the same time people are on the 360 ya know...I dont know though...I hate putting more money into this game than I already have...

Another reason behind getting this to play on the XB1 is I'm finally working on my titan build!!!

I actually made it to level 3 this morning before work...I kicked that archon's ass and took his damned warp drive...to put in my legendary jump ship...wtf...anyway, I'm doing that, and I bought the ruin wings and heart of praxic fire for my warlock yesterday..so I dunno, I enjoy punishment I guess. 

If I was a sadomasochist, I'd have ventured off into IB territory after a good 6 months away from pvp in this game, so I'm not completely mental.

So, I've got a date with Xyor, the unwed, in the Summoning Pits.

Took the advice from earlier in this thread and used the Iron Banner as an opportunity to do the Thorn bounty I've been dreading. While all the murderers and thieves are away killing each other for a new hat in the IB i was preying on the weak in the regular Crucible. The fact that i was regularly killing people with a severely under powered Atheon's Epilogue either proves there was no one decent left in there or i'm a world beater (i'm no world beater). I knocked it out in about 2 hours over the course of 10 games without any real incident. I was getting around 40-50 points a game, i had one shocking game where i was lucky to walk away with 3 points, and two absolute maulings where i racked up around 80 points followed by over 110. I used a combination of Atheon's Epilogue, Swordbreaker, Voidfang vestments enhanced axion bolts and a little space magic. Xyor, i'm coming for you!

Two more Vaults and a Crota hard mode in the bag and what is it with this game and helms? nothing for months and when i finally get them i get an extra 4 over 3 games! Wasn't a complete loss though, i picked up a chest piece for my Titan in the Vault of Glass (all i'm missing is arms now) and two more guns: Found Verdict and Hezen Vengeance. I also picked up the VoG hard mode ship and my 7th (goddamn it!) Timebreaker in 9 raids. I'm only missing 5 raid guns now, sadly, as it is with this game, 3 of them are the ones i want in Fatebringer, Hunger and Word. The grind continues....

Since i had scored the Titan Crota helm i decided to start picking up some exotics from Xur now that i can actually wear them and stay 32. Rather than jumping straight in and grabbing Ruin Wings i decided to roll the dice and pick up an Exotic Engram first. I ended up getting Claws of Ahamkara, which was the last exotic i needed for a complete Warlock set. Rather than push my luck (this game....) i just dropped down the strange coin for Ruin Wings to be done with it.

Hit Level 4 so I got my gear

I am trying to decide if I push for Level 5 to get Timur's Lash

I don't really need it - it is just a "hey - I got it"

Two more Vaults and a Crota hard mode in the bag and what is it with this game and helms? nothing for months and when i finally get them i get an extra 4 over 3 games! Wasn't a complete loss though, i picked up a chest piece for my Titan in the Vault of Glass (all i'm missing is arms now) and two more guns: Found Verdict and Hezen Vengeance. I also picked up the VoG hard mode ship and my 7th (goddamn it!) Timebreaker in 9 raids. I'm only missing 5 raid guns now, sadly, as it is with this game, 3 of them are the ones i want in Fatebringer, Hunger and Word. The grind continues....

both of those weapons are fantastic.  I have two fully upgraded FV's and they were my go to special weapon in Crucible play....Hezen Vengeance was my go to rocket launcher, but I still don't have the mythical Gjallerhorn (this game mocks me)...I have the Crota Rocket Launcher, I can't even remember the name of it right now, but its like Hezen Vengeance with lock-on capabilities

Timur's Lash is pretty good from what i remember. I got it from a lucky drop either in the last Iron Banner or the one before. i'm not a huge Hand Cannon user but i used it for a time when i first got it.

both of those weapons are fantastic.  I have two fully upgraded FV's and they were my go to special weapon in Crucible play....Hezen Vengeance was my go to rocket launcher, but I still don't have the mythical Gjallerhorn (this game mocks me)...I have the Crota Rocket Launcher, I can't even remember the name of it right now, but its like Hezen Vengeance with lock-on capabilities

I've not had the chance to try either of my new VoG guns out yet. Though Found Verdict is arc so it can replace my run of the mill random legendary i was using as my go to arc shotgun for the nightfalls that require it.

The Crota rocket launcher is the Hunger of Crota i am currently longing for. I scored a Ghorn fairly quickly by this games standards (about 250 hours, sounds depressing when you say it like that) but the Hunger, which i have a guaranteed crack at 3 times a week from a much smaller loot pool, still eludes me.

I've got one of each Exotic Bounty waiting to be handed in now, just have to complete the final step of a couple of them. I'm saving them for when HoW drops so i should get them at the new max level. Plus that means i can shard my old ones for an extra 5 Exotic Shards.

Does anyone plan to play this on PS4 today?

I have honestly never done the raids on here and could probably hit level 26 in about 2 hours of play as I am mid-way through being on 24

Another two Crota's End hard modes, another waste of time. What am i supposed to do with 4 Fangs? and no Word? Fuck you Crota!

Killed Xyor and ripped my Thorn from her rotting corpse, decided to hand it in just to accomplish something today. I'll level it up the new way after HoW. That's me done for the week, i would like to at least finish off the loot for either Vault or Crota before the 19th. Its hard enough fitting 3 nightfalls, 3 weeklies and 6 raids in as it is, never mind adding 3 'not really a raid' events from House of Wolves.

I have honestly never done the raids on here and could probably hit level 26 in about 2 hours of play as I am mid-way through being on 24

26 is perfect for the Vault of Glass normal mode, hell you could probably drag yourself through it at level 24. Your best bet is using a site like Destiny Sherpa on reddit. Its full of people willing to take new players though raids for their first time. I was a little against using LFG sites at first, not wanting to get stuck in a game with a bunch of people i didn't, know but now I've got a solid list of maybe 10 dependable people and 34 raids completed.

Another two Crota's End hard modes, another waste of time. What am i supposed to do with 4 Fangs? and no Word? Fuck you Crota!

Killed Xyor and ripped my Thorn from her rotting corpse, decided to hand it in just to accomplish something today. I'll level it up the new way after HoW. That's me done for the week, i would like to at least finish off the loot for either Vault or Crota before the 19th. Its hard enough fitting 3 nightfalls, 3 weeklies and 6 raids in as it is, never mind adding 3 'not really a raid' events from House of Wolves.

26 is perfect for the Vault of Glass normal mode, hell you could probably drag yourself through it at level 24. Your best bet is using a site like Destiny Sherpa on reddit. Its full of people willing to take new players though raids for their first time. I was a little against using LFG sites at first, not wanting to get stuck in a game with a bunch of people i didn't, know but now I've got a solid list of maybe 10 dependable people and 34 raids completed.

Thanks for the advice. I may try that tonight. I know there are also Twitch channels with sign up lists too.

I have not bought the expansions because I have deemed it pointless until I hit 30

Three Fucking Hours - THREE FUCKING HOURS!!! - I chased the last god damn I needed to get to Level 5 in IB

I was minutes away from shattering my disc when I finally got it.

Now I just need to farm glimmer

I think i went on a 7 match loosing streak in the last Iron Banner. So damn frustrating. I don't think i would have had the patience to stick it out for 3 hours. Did you get any decent drops out of the Iron Banner? Exclusion Zone is your (repetitive) friend for glimmer farming.

Thanks for the advice. I may try that tonight. I know there are also Twitch channels with sign up lists too.

I have not bought the expansions because I have deemed it pointless until I hit 30

You're in luck starting late. When i started playing i didn't bother with the Vault of Glass at first since all the armor was outdated. But if you intend to eventually purchase the expansions you will be able to level up the old Vault gear to the new level 34 once House of Wolves is out. The Vault of Glass is also a lot more fun to run than Crota's End, even if it is easier to get the better weapons and gear from Crota.

I'm not sure what it was, but this round of the Iron Banner was a lot tougher than usual. Previously, I rarely lost more than 3 games in a row, but this time, I routinely went on some LOOOONG losing streaks.

I thought maybe it was because more people are crewed up now, but the losing continued even after I made it a point to dip out of matches where I was teamed with randoms against crews of 4 or more.

I really want to blame it on the preponderance of Thorns that are out there in the wild now. Everywhere you turn, guys are taking wild shots, just trying to tag you with one to trigger the DOT effect. Bungie is going to have to nerf that at some point.