DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I will never camp in Crucible - I get too antsy

I will be killed but I'm taking fuckers with me.

I started realizing that I average like 14 kills a match and if I don't register double digits I'm pissed

I will never camp in Crucible - I get too antsy

I will be killed but I'm taking fuckers with me.

I started realizing that I average like 14 kills a match and if I don't register double digits I'm pissed

The only map where I have successfully used camping tactics is Shores of Time on Venus and only during Control matches.

I love the map on Venus because I can either snipe players coming into capture C or snipe players en route to B.  It is the only map where you can have advantageous line of sight. 

First Light has plenty of good sight lines too, but it also has fucking turrets and players zipping around in vehicles.  Not sniper friendly.

I rarely camp during Clash matches.  When I do try, the fight never seems to come my way.  I am not good enough with a shotgun or patient enough to just crouch in a corner and watch my motion tracker.

I used to average about 10 to 15 kills per match but that has dipped down to like eight now, but my death ratio is not as high.  Win / Loss blows goats at .397 so that is probably why my Combat Rating doesn't twitch.

I would enjoy PvP more if we didn't get so many tards on our team. 

For every one Nuclear Whales that we get that fights like an absolute beast, we get a thousand people like McNapkins that spins around in circles, never moves from the same spot, doesn't commit to a push, refuses to provide cover fire, or quits early when the going gets rough.

I just nocticed that Mis also edged me by one kill with 28 single game kills so he tops four of the five leaderboards..  My first place run on two out of four was fun while it lasted. 

Either he went on a really good run after I tapped out for the night, or he had one of those matches like we usually do where we try to drag our team kicking and screaming to victory, but they still insist on losing.

I'm now one shard away from 28. I would have hit 28 last night too, but Destiny's server took a shit at the absolute worst time. Being two shards away, I figured I would solo the Daily at 28. Being 27, I figured I could just be patient with it. I was on the last wave of enemies when I got booted. Frustrated and tired, I went through the Daily again, this time at 24. So that gave me one of the two shards I need to finish upgrading my helmet. So annoying, but I'll just hit it today.

Dudes that start dancing as soon as a match starts need to die

I dont care what team they are on

I remember that guy.

The other team always seems to get genocidal madmen on their side like CHOLO BOY69 that can one shot you at will while we get dudes that dance during zone captures or dump an entire clip into the ground when the match starts.

I am discovering that it isn't the enemy team filled with fucking SpecOps death dealers that frustrates me; it is the dipshits on our side that we try to drag to the finish line.

Speaking of the match against CHOLO BOY69's team, that was one of the rare times where we had a really good unit. 

Normally during Control matches, I am usually in the middle of the pack when my score is over 2000, but that time I was dead last in points scored.  We had a squad of blood drinkers that time around.

Yes JT, I went brie-mode on the crucible last night. Next game after you left I got all those kills on...rusted lands I think. I got three with my super trying to take a capture point, then killed 5 in a row with the mg after they funneled single file from C going to B. I had a 3.11 k/d that game.

I play as a Hunter. I like to take the stealthy/ ranged approach to crucible. I want to be like a ninja up in that bitch.

Tactics in control are the same as tactics in domination in CoD, except the kills count for a lot more in destiny. Some call it camping, I call it locking down an advantageous position. We need a or c, and there is heavy weapon ammo that spawns there as well, which leads to easier kills/more points. In any crucible mode you play, your deaths=more points for the other team.

You may not like my methods, but it's hard to argue they get results.

*edit*

Also, the last match we played, where I got all those kills, I was not camping. I was running around with a shotgun, suros, and the swarm

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

I dig the methods because I use them on occasion and I love sniper friendly Crucible maps like Shores of Time, Blind Watch, and Rusted Lands.

The tactics just don't always fit my play style for the kind of match we're in.

I dont think any of us are arguing the results

just that the play style doesnt suit us

I feel more productive in Control matches when I am out capturing flags, but that tends to get me shot a lot. 

I can't just camp in Control because I don't feel like I am contributing to the team effort, even though part of that contribution consists of not doing dumb things that will get me killed.

The exception to the I Don't Camp During Control Matches rule seems to be the Shores of Time map where I seem to be at my best when I find a shady spot near Flag C and murder guys when they come around the bend in force or when I crouch near Flag B and shoot players in the head when they are trying to hop the gap.

Looks like my Rare Sparrow will have to wait a week. 

By my calcs, I will be at 119 Vanguard Marks when I hit the earning cap for the week and I just burned 125 Crucible Marks on a HMG to use as an alternate load out with Patience & Time. 

I will have only 70 Crucible Marks available when I hit the earning cap for the week.

Destiny is working overtime to defeat the Scout Rifles = Crap mindset. 

My friend, Brandon aka Val Strahda, got a Cryptic Dragon from a Postmaster RNG Legendary Engram that had Full Auto, Field Scout, and Firefly instead of Final Round and Explosive Rounds,  so he was stoked for the Scout Rifle hotfix.

I am surprised he hasn't been singled out for a nerf.  For all intent and purpose that's not a scout rifle; it is a fucking pulse rifle that lights things on fire..

• Like 1

Finally beat my first Raid.  My loot haul was abysmal though  All I got for finishing the Raid was Ascendant Energy and a white armor shader.  My understanding is I have to wait until another week or so to get better gear from the raid.

• Like 2

Finally beat my first Raid.  My loot haul was abysmal though  All I got for finishing the Raid was Ascendant Energy and a white armor shader.  My understanding is I have to wait until another week or so to get better gear from the raid.

Grats, man!

And the answer to your understanding about the raid is "yes and no"... to my understanding. 

Once you loot the chests with a character, you can't do it again until the raid resets on the following Tuesday.

However, I have also heard that you can send your main character into the raid, loot the chests, and then loot them again with an alt who is high enough level to enter the VoG so long as you have fireteam members serving as placeholders.

This might be a rumor, though.  I can't imagine it would be that easy.

• Like 2

You can do the raid once each on normal and hard mode per week and receive loot. Anything after that will not yield loot. This is per character.

Edit-

J.T. I'm not sure I quite get what you're saying.  It sounds like you're saying you can do the raid and every time you come to a chest you get the loot and then leave the fireteam, re-join with your alt, and get the loot with that character as well.  That wouldn't work because just like any other chest in the game, once it's open it only lasts for a short time and then disappears.  You'd never make it back in time with your alt.  

The basic theory is that each chest only exists as a reward for completing something.  The first chest in theory doesn't exist until you successfully open the vault by building the spire, then one for beating the templar, not letting the templar teleport, etc.  So there isn't really any way to cheese the loot on the raid without actually completing each action that the chest requires for it to spawn.  

• Like 1

Got invited to do the weekly heroic on 28 with two randoms today, died a lot, but got through it. The 400 Vanguard rep put me up over level 3, so I can finally start buying some legendary weapons. Got a few strikes done towards the Bad Juju EWB. Pretty productive day.

• Like 2

I think JT means if you have already beaten the cog on one character, get to the section where the chests are and back out to pick them up on the alt. in theory that should work, if you have a team that isn't duo shuts and can wait to pop the chests.

However the chest rewards and boss killing rewards are not one in the same. I got vision of confluence from aetheon last week on normal, aetheons epilogue from the big fuck this week on hard.

You can get rewards from both levels of the raid if you run 26 first. If you run it on hard mode you only get the boss rewards once, but it's like running the weekly on 26 then on 28. You only get the partial rewards. You can get everything from doing the raid on 30 once, you don't have to do it on 26 after.

That being said, you can only get the mythiclast (sic) from lvl30, and I think the helmet as well. I still got fucking boots though.

I feel my post is very muddled, I hope you get the gist of it.

Not that I hate the game or anything, just the loot drops.  Like...I finally beat the Raid and I basically get jack for doing it.  I mean, Ascendant Energy is OK, but what I really needed were more Ascendant Shards and that nice auto rifle.