DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

After doing much searching, it seems like the best way to get 10 rare Fusion Rifles is to buy them from the Gunsmith. This has lead to me frantically checking my phone every three hours to see if any have been up for sale. FINALLY, I see something blue in his inventory, and it's a shotgun, as well as a rocket launcher. Dammit.

I may have to give the Loot Stairway a go.

So that is what you were doing when I joined your game. I couldn't figure that out at all.

Hah, yeah. My headset was up near my TV and I was too lazy to go grab it. Usually if I'm playing during the daytime it's to take a break from work for about an hour. At that point I figured I'd see if the Loot Stairs were legit. They kinda are. 

I am a beast in a fucking turret.  15 Kills - 0 Deaths and I finished the match with the top score. 

It was the single ray of sunlight in an otherwise horrid Crucible run today.

• Like 1

After doing much searching, it seems like the best way to get 10 rare Fusion Rifles is to buy them from the Gunsmith. This has lead to me frantically checking my phone every three hours to see if any have been up for sale. FINALLY, I see something blue in his inventory, and it's a shotgun, as well as a rocket launcher. Dammit.

Yep.  Just keep checking.  Maybe set timers on your phone to remind you every three hours.  A few days ago I just happened to walk over to the gunsmith and he had a rare fusion rifle for sale but my glimmer was so low I couldn't afford 10 so I bought 8 of them.  I didn't have time to go do something to get glimmer.  Then last night same thing happened and I was able to buy the last two.  Just got lucky.  I don't even have the bounty, just preparing for the future in case I get it. 

I'd been doing vanguard stuff a lot to get my rep up and also in hopes of getting an exotic weapon bounty and still haven't seen one. 

Last night I went back to the raid where we left off at the gatekeeper part with a couple of the guys from the team that started with me a couple days ago.  We got past the gatekeeper part and got to Atheon but just couldn't get him down before ultimately a guy would drop out and we kept going back to orbit to find another person and then the leader had to go so we disbanded.

So then I end up with this other group of guys that were starting a fresh raid and they had done it before.  So I start over from scratch and we get all the way to Atheon and just couldn't get a rhythm down.  All that time spent on it and didn't get it finished before it reset today. 

Here's another pain in the ass moment- I spent all this time getting my fwc rep up to rank 2 so I could buy these boots that had the perfect perks for my preferred loadout- exotic Suros auto rifle primary/either a rare sniper or fusion special, and armor that allowed me to carry extra auto rifle ammo and reload auto rifles faster.  Now that I have the ice breaker I don't use the Suros anymore and use a handcannon and right after I bought those boots I got a set of raid boots.  That's the second time in this game I've wasted a ton of time on getting equipment that I either don't want or can't use. 

Side note- on the raid, the person with the relic is clearly the most important and can't fuck up.  They have to be on point when they go through the portal and both kill motherfuckers and then cleanse teammates.  The other two guys have to just shoot the oracles.  It's really a pretty simple premise but it all hinges on that group that goes through the portal and ultimately the guy with the relic.  The people on the outside have it pretty easy, just don't die and keep the gate open.     

Officially I need a break from this game.  I've put way too much time into it the last few days and kind of burnt myself out. 

• Like 1

Yep. Just keep checking. Maybe set timers on your phone to remind you every three hours. A few days ago I just happened to walk over to the gunsmith and he had a rare fusion rifle for sale but my glimmer was so low I couldn't afford 10 so I bought 8 of them. I didn't have time to go do something to get glimmer. Then last night same thing happened and I was able to buy the last two. Just got lucky. I don't even have the bounty, just preparing for the future in case I get it.

I'd been doing vanguard stuff a lot to get my rep up and also in hopes of getting an exotic weapon bounty and still haven't seen one.

Last night I went back to the raid where we left off at the gatekeeper part with a couple of the guys from the team that started with me a couple days ago. We got past the gatekeeper part and got to Atheon but just couldn't get him down before ultimately a guy would drop out and we kept going back to orbit to find another person and then the leader had to go so we disbanded.

So then I end up with this other group of guys that were starting a fresh raid and they had done it before. So I start over from scratch and we get all the way to Atheon and just couldn't get a rhythm down. All that time spent on it and didn't get it finished before it reset today.

Here's another pain in the ass moment- I spent all this time getting my fwc rep up to rank 2 so I could buy these boots that had the perfect perks for my preferred loadout- exotic Suros auto rifle primary/either a rare sniper or fusion special, and armor that allowed me to carry extra auto rifle ammo and reload auto rifles faster. Now that I have the ice breaker I don't use the Suros anymore and use a handcannon and right after I bought those boots I got a set of raid boots. That's the second time in this game I've wasted a ton of time on getting equipment that I either don't want or can't use.

Side note- on the raid, the person with the relic is clearly the most important and can't fuck up. They have to be on point when they go through the portal and both kill motherfuckers and then cleanse teammates. The other two guys have to just shoot the oracles. It's really a pretty simple premise but it all hinges on that group that goes through the portal and ultimately the guy with the relic. The people on the outside have it pretty easy, just don't die and keep the gate open.

Officially I need a break from this game. I've put way too much time into it the last few days and kind of burnt myself out.

Regarding that last, I kinda feel the same. Borrowed my bros copy of Black Flag, so now I'm pirating it up.

I'll probably pick up Borderlands on Friday.

• Like 1

Also in regards to the raid- motherfuck a gorgon.  If you're doing it without people that have done it before and even in the case where there are people who have done it before but not a bunch of times, it could take a really long time to complete this phase that doesn't even involve firing your weapon. 

• Like 1

Did the Daily and Weekly stuff on Level 28 with a couple of good bros.  I think they will make solid additions to the clan and not in a Veelox kind of way.

Names are Val Strahda and Vengence101226.  The guys are purely Vanguard Mark hunters and Ascendant Material farmers.   We can probably count on them to run Daily / Weekly stuff, but they give the Crucible a wide berth.

Speaking of the Crucible, the Gods of War beckon me to return despite yesterday's depressing run.  The low hanging fruit of Control 10 Zones and Compete in 5 Clash Matches waits to be plucked.  I also have to work on my 50 Headshot Kills and 20 Melee Kills bounties,

The 4 Ascendant Shards I collected while working with Val and Vengence was a huge hint to me that I should probably start doing Dailys and Weeklys on Level 28 with Josh now that I have a better chance of surviving them.

Psycho Josh will be thrilled.. I am nowhere near brave enough to attempt a Nightfall strike yet due to the shittyness of my weapons.  I need for the stingy Destiny difference engine to fork over the occasional Legendary Engram, do me a solid AddamWesst and gift me an Exotic Weapon for a dismal Crucible performance, or ease the pain of earning Crucible Marks so that I can improve my arsenal. 

A 10 match winning streak would be nice..  Getting an Exotic Weapon Bounty would also be awesome.  I do not understand how Rippa has gotten two of those things and I have gotten zilch.  Maybe it has something to do with the 99 Billion Control matches he plays when I am not online?

I think the game hates me.  I will hate it back by shooting things in the head.

I've had 4 exotic weapon bounties. Even completed one of them. Plus I already had two Exotic weapons I just found, and three or four more legendaries.

Oh, and I've not played this game since Friday night and maybe won't again.

I've had 4 exotic weapon bounties. Even completed one of them. Plus I already had two Exotic weapons I just found, and three or four more legendaries.

Oh, and I've not played this game since Friday night and maybe won't again.

Damn, man.  We need PS representation.

I have joined Craig in the search for rare Fusion rifles to break down.

I had 2 in my inventory so 8 more to go (actually 9 since I will need something to do the next part of the bounty)

I think I went through every single fucking stage of this last night during the never ending Crucible losing streak yesterday

http://www.dorkly.com/post/68823/the-6-types-of-gamer-reactions-to-losing-an-online-match

Ditto.  That losing streak was demoralizing. 

The Victory at the end of the evening didn't even feel like Victory even though we helped Robert earn his first official Crucible win.

THERE IS ALWAYS TONIGHT, THOUGH~!

Crucible stuff may work for your Exotic Bounty.  I have earned a shit ton of Rare-class Fusion Rifles there (mostly from Engrams) and stripped them for weapon parts.

I will be hitting up PvP when I get home to slug through five Clash matches and get the Control 10 Zones bounty.

You guys missed him getting teased in the WWE2K15 thread. He finally said, "I don't want to play it because it's not a good game." If you remember earlier in this thread, Fresh seemingly convinced Tromataker to preorder it and so Tromataker called him out on that. Then Fresh got snippy with Rippa because Rippa said Fresh is on Team Shiny, which I took to mean as, "OOH! SHINY!" I thought it was a really funny, harmless dig/rib in part because it's true.

Ah well, at least Fresh is getting good use out of his PS4 as a YouTube machine.

• Like 1

I also played Destiny more last night. I didn't think I was all that tired, but I somehow managed to fall asleep at the controller, in the middle of a story mission probably, and woke up three hours later at the start menu.

You guys missed him getting teased in the WWE2K15 thread. He finally said, "I don't want to play it because it's not a good game." If you remember earlier in this thread, Fresh seemingly convinced Tromataker to preorder it and so Tromataker called him out on that. Then Fresh got snippy with Rippa because Rippa said Fresh is on Team Shiny, which I took to mean as, "OOH! SHINY!" I thought it was a really funny, harmless dig/rib in part because it's true.

Ah well, at least Fresh is getting good use out of his PS4 as a YouTube machine.

My incentive to finally raid the Vault of Glass with the remaining members of Team Leeroy Jenkins will be solely to come back on the board and tell of our exploits and close the post with, "I wish Fresh could've seen us in action.  We were fucking awesome.  But he can't... BECAUSE HE IS STILL LEVEL 7~!"

Doing the Gate Lord mission with Rippa and Robert to work on Rippa's billionth Exotic Bounty and not being smart enough to quit out before the cutscene reminded me of:

1) How my Guardian with Papa Shango war paint needs to hook up with the Queen of the Reef,

and

2) How much I'd like to gouge her brother's eyes out with a grapefruit spoon.

My incentive to finally raid the Vault of Glass with the remaining members of Team Leeroy Jenkins will be solely to come back on the board and tell of our exploits and close the post with, "I wish Fresh could've seen us in action.  We were fucking awesome.  But he can't... BECAUSE HE IS STILL LEVEL 7~!"

Doing the Gate Lord mission with Rippa and Robert to work on Rippa's billionth Exotic Bounty and not being smart enough to quit out before the cutscene reminded me of:

1) How my Guardian with Papa Shango war paint needs to hook up with the Queen of the Reef,

and

2) How much I'd like to gouge her brother's eyes out with a grapefruit spoon.

You should seriously see if you can get someone to TWITCH your exploits since I can't join in on the carnage. It'd be nice if I could redbox this game and have it carry over to the 360 version for a couple of days.

Just for the record - I even said "Exit so we don't have to watch the cutscene" and then JT insisted there wasn't one.

And then there was

I hate the Queen's brother  What a smug son of a bitch.  I wanted to shove that broken Gate Lord Eye up his ass but that would have been impolite.

Just for the record - I even said "Exit so we don't have to watch the cutscene" and then JT insisted there wasn't one.

And then there was

The weird thing was that when I soloed that mission last week for that same bounty I didn't get the cut scene - and I certainly didn't do anything to skip it.  Maybe the update changed that?

Did my first crucible runs with JT and Phil yesterday.  Unsurprisingly discovered I was completely useless in there.  It was fun enough with crew, but I ain't ever going in there by myself.

I did do enough to realize I would never finish the exotic bounty I picked up.  Gotta get 500 crucible kills with void damage.  That could potentially happen, though I'm not sure I'd ever want to bang my head on the crucible wall long enough to get that.  Making negative progress on that count from getting my ass kicked, on the other hand, makes it a fool's errand.  Count only got to 3 before being dropped back down to 0 again.  Dumped that shit and moved on.  Life's too short to grind through something like that.

Yeah - when ultra gamer Josh told me that he only averaged 8 points a match and he was at 90 something after two weeks of trying that bounty, I knew that one wasn't for me.