DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Has anyone else come across the public event with the unkillable fallen captain? I've come across him twice and no matter what I do he won't take any damage. I don't know if they're trying to stop people from farming public events or what, but it's frustrating when you need to gold three public events.

He doesn't take damage because he has a ridiculous overshield and you need a really good weapon to bring it down. 

I have taken down the Fallen Captain before with another player constantly pounding on him to keep his overshield drained so that someone else could start doing damage to his health.  We had Rare guns, though, and I totally ran out of ammo for my Blue Machine Gun..

I have experienced similar PE's where the target was a Servitor or a Hive Knight.  They didn't have overshields, so they were relatively easier to take down.

If there is any good news to the Iron Banner tourney, it is the hope that I will be able to win more Crucible matches with K/D's over 1.0 because all of the ubers will be fighting for Saladin's favor and I will be in competition with poorly armed opponents for Lord Shaxx's amusement.

I specialize in picking the low hanging fruit.

• Like 2

I still honestly believe that some of those public events go smoother if you have at least one other person, regardless of level or fire team affiliation going into battle against the target. I guarantee you I could have killed him easily had I met him in a mission or strike solo, I had at least a full set of legendary gear and an exotic/legendary weapon. Dealing the damage to take his shield down wasn't the problem.

It's the nature of the beast..."public event" not "run around alone doing patrols".

That being said, I've killed the walker tank a bunch of times solo well within the 5 minute mark. That captain/whateverenemyitmaybe is glitched.

His overshield regens almost instantly so I am also inclined to believe he's glitched.  I've only beaten him and that was with help and both of us constantly dumping Machine Gun rounds into him and then hitting our Supers.

• Like 1

If no one is around when I am on, I am going to do some Ghost Hunting on Venus and then I am going to farm Helium Filaments on the Moon (again) and earn Vanguard Marks on patrol.

My goal is to earn enough Vanguard Marks to buy a set of Dustwalker Leg Armor before the end of the evening.

• Like 1

If no one is around when I am on, I am going to do some Ghost Hunting on Venus and then I am going to farm Helium Filaments on the Moon (again) and earn Vanguard Marks on patrol.

My goal is to earn enough Vanguard Marks to buy a set of Dustwalker Leg Armor before the end of the evening.

You earn vanguard rep by doing patrols, unless you complete a public event you won't earn much in the way of marks. Do strikes from the strike playlist and dailies/weekly to earn marks faster. Patrols to earn rep faster.

Also bounties earn rep quickly

bounties are indeed the way to go for earning rep.  trying to get my FWC rep up to level 2 so i can buy some boots and then dip out.  after that i will be back to working solely on vanguard rep.  it's been forever since i was earning just vanguard rep.  wasted a ton of time repping up with new monarchy before i decided i didn't care about anything they had in the way of armor.  i ended up buying some guantlets just because they were an upgrade and it was going to be a while before i got enough rep elsewhere so what the hell. 

I still haven't maxed vanguard marks for a week yet. But I know how a better understanding of what my plan should be.

It also helps that I do a weekly or daily mission with Josh dragging me along. (Though I am pleased with how much I can hang with him)

Last night, I had earned 76 Vanguard marks that week. So I started doing Strike Playlist Eagle. Two striketeams I was on spawned into public events. One of them, we  were doing the tone with the tanks on Mars. We had to stop the target, and three of us were already in Cabal tanks, which had also respawned... about nine guys in the area, and the lowest level guy around was level 24. Easiest gold I ever got. Got the achievement for max Marks in a week off that.

Also, I remembered my PSN password. I can finally actually join the clan, and read all them Grimoire cards I've got. I have done Devil's Lair 33 times so far.

• Like 1

So the Iron Banner really isn't all that different than regular Crucible.

I mean I was getting one shotted by exotic weapons in regular Crucible so why not have that in Iron Banner and get the credit for it.

I mean I was getting one shotted by exotic weapons in regular Crucible so why not have that in Iron Banner and get the credit for it.

It is only 100 points to Rank 1 rep, so I am going to assume that only the winners get points towards rep and losers hit the showers with the consolation prize of two or three Crucible Marks.

The Iron Banner Control match we were in didn't seem any better or worse than any other Crucible match we've been in.  We won and I actually finished with positive K/D.  Now in the double digits with Fusion Rifle kills in PvP. 

I caught the enemy unaware (now I see why Hunters crouch all the time) and my Arc Blade came up just in time for me to hit the Showstopper and get my first Triple Down medal as well as the At Any Cost medal.

I have to damn near die to get Double Downs while Rippa can get Triple Downs in his sleep.  Poor Bladedancers and our crappy Special.

There are two IB bounties today that are right up your alley:  Kills with a Rocket Launcher and Kills via Melee Attack.  I am up for fighting in the tournament this evening if you are.

I am in a full set of Dustwalker armor now.  Now I have to work on getting some Legendary Weapons. 

The Weekly Heroic Strike can blow me.  Void Damage is magnified and naturally the cannons on Minotaurs do Void Damage making the little Pike run to get to the Archon Prince nigh suicidal.  Rippa and I did manage to find a small ravine where we could retreat to when we were getting pounded, but that shit was harder than it should've been.

I am guessing the key is Purple weapons.  I need to get my arsenal in order.

I am working from home today so I will be on and off.

I might try and see how far I can get in the remaining story if no one else is on.

Though I do have 4 Crucible bounties to finish...

I might try and see how far I can get in the remaining story if no one else is on.

I have an auto appointment at 4PM.  A rock from some asshole's vehicle struck my windshield on Monday morning. 

I also plan to try to finish up the Story missions with my main character in the near future.

Being brought into two matches in a row with only a few minutes before defeat was total bullshit.  There sure are a lot of tuck and tailers in this fucking game.

I need to get me a Rocket Launcher and use it to kill more players in the Crucible.

I am going to start an Exo Titan alt pretty soon so that I can pass the extra Common jumpship on to him. 

I have 23 Motes of Light and 23 Strange Coins.  Hopefully Xur will have something I am interested in buying when he shows up for the weekend.

I would kill for that much Ascendant Energy. That, Ascendant Shards, and 176 Helium Filaments (and 48 Spirit Blooms, but that's easy) are the only things standing between me and full advancement.

All I ever get is blue weapons. I've already got purple or yellow in everything. Just got the Exotic Weapon bounty for a yellow machine gun too, which I'll actually complete this time because 1) It's the one thing I want and don't have, and 2) You can complete the bounty without once stepping foot in the Screwcible.

• Like 1

Will be off and on between now and 1500.

Yeah, I still don't have one fuckin' Legendary weapon or piece of armor, let alone something Exotic. I feel very unlucky.

I have a full set of Legendary Armor (Dustwalker) but I burned a lot of Vanguard Marks to get it. 

I have no luck getting Legendary Engrams to drop in the wild, so I suppose I am going to keep saving Crucible Marks and spend them on Legendary weapons once I hit Rep 3, and my Motes of Light and Strange Coins will pay for Exotic shit from Xur.

I would totally murder for Ascendant Shards right now.

I wish I could exchange all of my Glimmer mods (Wax Idols, Ether Shards, etc) for Ascendant materiels.  I have no problems hitting the currency cap.  Bungie needs to raise the cap to 50K.

I have a 50 or 50+ item stack of all resources except for Relic Iron.  The amount of Sapphire Wire and Weapons Parts I have is borderline obscene.

It is only 100 points to Rank 1 rep, so I am going to assume that only the winners get points towards rep and losers hit the showers with the consolation prize of two or three Crucible Marks.

The Iron Banner Control match we were in didn't seem any better or worse than any other Crucible match we've been in. We won and I actually finished with positive K/D. Now in the double digits with Fusion Rifle kills in PvP.

I caught the enemy unaware (now I see why Hunters crouch all the time) and my Arc Blade came up just in time for me to hit the Showstopper and get my first Triple Down medal as well as the At Any Cost medal.

I have to damn near die to get Double Downs while Rippa can get Triple Downs in his sleep. Poor Bladedancers and our crappy Special.

There are two IB bounties today that are right up your alley: Kills with a Rocket Launcher and Kills via Melee Attack. I am up for fighting in the tournament this evening if you are.

I am in a full set of Dustwalker armor now. Now I have to work on getting some Legendary Weapons.

The Weekly Heroic Strike can blow me. Void Damage is magnified and naturally the cannons on Minotaurs do Void Damage making the little Pike run to get to the Archon Prince nigh suicidal. Rippa and I did manage to find a small ravine where we could retreat to when we were getting pounded, but that shit was harder than it should've been.

I am guessing the key is Purple weapons. I need to get my arsenal in order.

Yes, if you crouch as a blade dancer, and have the perk equipped you can go invisible for a short time. While crouched, you don't show up on the mini map in PvP. There's another perk that instantly heals you when you kill something with a melee attack, but you can't have both equipped at the same time.

The archon prince is fallen, like a huge captain. The shit that does void damage in that mission would be servitors, and the yellow enemies will probably be prone to arc damage as well, since they are fallen.

That being said, you will probably run into some shit along the way that does void damage since its Venus.

Last night in a strange turn of events, damiendeath and myself both received exotic bounties at the same exact time turning in the same bounties. We both went with thorn, since the game seems to find it funny to give me Yolanda legacy for bad juju every time an exotic bounty comes available.