DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I had the bounty to do the Devil's Lair, and one to do a strike without dying. My random teammates sucked so badly, I died three times. On level 8! I'm level 27 ffs.

Then I did a couple of level 24 strike playlists. Got that one on Mars where you fight the Psion Flayers... and din't die one time. I was unstoppable, like Eli Manning (going for the most interceptions record).

I smoked Devil's Lair with a couple of randoms this morning and did it without dying, so that's two of today's bounties out of the way. 

Finished my sixth Venus patrol just in time to skate out of the door and get to work on time.  Picked up another Crucible bounty for Controlling Ten Zones, so I will work that in tandem with murdering the eight or so Warlocks I need to complete the Crucible Bounty I got yesterday.

I picked up the Vanguard Bounty for getting Gold Tier in three public events for when I am wandering around farming Helium Filaments.

Rippa and I had such a good run in the Crucible that we blew off the last remaining Venus strike.  It'll get done.  Rippa finally spend some of the  Crucible Marks he's been hoarding on some badly needed leg armor.

I am seventeen Vanguard marks away from earning the max for the week and that will leave me thirty Marks short of what new Legendary Boots will cost.  I will have to wait until next Tuesday to get my Leg Armor unless by some happenstance a random Legendary Engram falls in my lap.... not..

• Like 1

Rippa and I had such a good run in the Crucible that we blew off the last remaining Venus strike.  It'll get done.  Rippa finally spend some of the  Crucible Marks he's been hoarding on some badly needed leg armor.

Well to be fair - that is how I had gotten my chest armor earlier in the week. I was just saving up for a weapon not realizing I had to get to Level 3 before I could buy those.

So I think I am just going to focus on Dead Orbit - I will probably get a better weapon quicker that way.

JT and I were in a match were the last place guy on our team got an exotic hand cannon. JT sent him a message of congrats and he wrote back something to the effect of "I sucked. I didn't deserve that."

OH! and his name was Adam West

I need to add him to my preferred player list

• Like 1

He got an exotic sniper rifle called Ice Breaker. 

It regens ammo like the fucking M-7 Lancer from Mass Effect 3.

I MUST HAVE ONE~!

Actually if Lord Shaxx is going to drop an exotic weapon in my lap for being the squad bullet sponge, I'd rather it be Patience & Time (the Sniper Rifle that gives you free active camo) or The Last Word (the Hand Cannon with the sick rate or fire).

That map on Venus is starting to become my favorite.   I have found a couple of good hidey holes to snipe from.

I have noticed that my preference for maps varies from event to event.  There are some maps where I do well if it is a Clash match, but I blow goats when we are playing a Control match and visa versa.

With a little help from Josh, I was able to knock out the exotic bounty for Super Good Advice this morning after visiting Xur and giving him a strange coin.  Bounty went rather quickly, even though I went through Heavy Ammo synth at an alarming rate.  I think I was able to clear out all five bounties I had over the course of the daily heroic mission @ lvl 28, the venus strike, and the venus patrol.  

Haven't used Super Good Advice, by the time I finished the last mission on Patrol and went to the tower to claim it, it was time to get ready for work.  I was able to get the second ascendant upgrade on Suros Regime unlocked and complete.  I now have enough Ascendant Energy for the final upgrade on it.  When I get home tonight, hopefully I can find a couple people to run through the weekly on 28 with me.  It's a pity I can't have two exotic weapons active

The titan helmet from Xur is pretty cool, as is the Hunter helmet for the Golden Gun (just not sure how much I'd use it unless I was running the Vault, gotta have triple jump and Golden Gun is much more useful on Praetorians than blade dancer)

Okay, so I got to Level 15 and unlocked the other character options for each class.

If I want to do a Sunsinger (which is the class I've wanted this entire time), I have to start a new character from scratch, right? I know it gives you the option to equip the Sunsinger on your Warlock, but that seems a bit counter-productive.

I ran Voidwalker until I'd fully levelled up all the Voidwalker skills, then started switching to Sunsinger to cash bounties... and eventually to do patrols and low level stuff. Now I've got full advancement on Sunsinger as well, and I never switch back to Voidwalker any more.

If you're intending to be a Sunsinger, be a Sunsinger. There's a trophy for fully advancing each class, there's no trophy for fully advancing one class twice.

Didn't get much done in the way of bounties tonight, however dragathan and I were able to complete the weekly on level 28 to get 9 strange coins and get a public event finished before tapping out.

Next week should be interesting.

Yeah - last night I ran the Daily Event with Josh on Level 24 since he wanted to do it with his secondary character. So much better running with people in the clan.

I am tired of trying to do strike with randos. Too many people bail halfway through and I go from 3 guys to myself surrounded by a 1000 guys.

Fucking trying to do strikes without dying

I attempted the Vault of Glass for the first time tonight and it's absolutely freaking insane.  Even when you have a strategy down it's almost next to impossible.  I think you absolutely need to be at like lvl 30 and have some excellent weapons in order to pass it.  

I ran Voidwalker until I'd fully levelled up all the Voidwalker skills, then started switching to Sunsinger to cash bounties... and eventually to do patrols and low level stuff. Now I've got full advancement on Sunsinger as well, and I never switch back to Voidwalker any more.

If you're intending to be a Sunsinger, be a Sunsinger. There's a trophy for fully advancing each class, there's no trophy for fully advancing one class twice.

I started a second Warlock and put it at Sunsinger straight away, but it's only at level 3.

I might go ahead and go back to my original one and do it the way you described. If I can jump my Sunsinger stats up just by cashing in bounties, I can live with that.

Yeah - that is how I am maxing my Defender.

I just flip over to it before cashing in my bounties.

Completed another strike without dying - well sorta, since I did the trick of quitting and rejoining the fireteam

I have become everything I hate

• Like 1

I attempted the Vault of Glass for the first time tonight and it's absolutely freaking insane.  Even when you have a strategy down it's almost next to impossible.  I think you absolutely need to be at like lvl 30 and have some excellent weapons in order to pass it.  

We were going about it wrong. I did some research and you need the relic carrier to be ultra aggressive in taking down harpies. This charges his/her super charge and allows for maybe a 5 second delay between the shield going back up and his/her taking it back down. This rapid shield takedown also means fewer and fewer oracles to worry about. This video does a nice job showing how vital the relic carrier is and how aggressive they need to be. The person who did the guide said he doesn't recommend blocking the teleport because it's really dangerous and spawns a minotaur.

Here's his detailed guide with pretty pictures and videos.

So, you have 7 minutes before the enrage warning and then a minute later it all goes to hell. If/when we do that again, I recommend our best player with the best gear takes the relic and goes around taking down harpies/oracles and the shield while everybody else focuses on the boss or any loose oracles that pop up.

• Like 2

We are very close to having enough people ready to do the Vault in the clan on the 360 side of things.  Phil and JT are both at 26,  if I'm not mistaken.  We need to get those guys some legendary weapons, and ascend them, and another piece or two of legendary armor.  Rippa's shock grenade will be tits against the final boss.  You deal less damage (I think I read somewhere it's like 40%, but that seems inaccurate) at 26 against the bosses, a little more at 27.  28+ is golden.  Dragathan is at 27 with a fully ascended exotic weapon and can self revive, Damien is at the same level (not sure about the weapon, I know he has a legendary, not sure how far he has it upgraded).  I also have a fully ascended weapon and I'm @ 28(and 1/2-way to 29). 

Honestly, we may be able to get through to the final boss this coming week, as I'm on day shift. There's also the possibility that we could get you guys some gear in the two loot chests along the way, last time I just got a shit ton of shards and no weapons, and I had a shitty legendary pulse rifle.

How far are you along Mark and Robert?

Is there anyone else on the 360 side?

That would give us six.  We need more Titan/Warlock.  As it is now, we have 3 hunters (JT, Damien, and myself).  

• Like 1

We were going about it wrong. I did some research and you need the relic carrier to be ultra aggressive in taking down harpies. This charges his/her super charge and allows for maybe a 5 second delay between the shield going back up and his/her taking it back down. This rapid shield takedown also means fewer and fewer oracles to worry about. This video does a nice job showing how vital the relic carrier is and how aggressive they need to be. The person who did the guide said he doesn't recommend blocking the teleport because it's really dangerous and spawns a minotaur.

Here's his detailed guide with pretty pictures and videos.

So, you have 7 minutes before the enrage warning and then a minute later it all goes to hell. If/when we do that again, I recommend our best player with the best gear takes the relic and goes around taking down harpies/oracles and the shield while everybody else focuses on the boss or any loose oracles that pop up.

I definitely realize strategy is key.  It just seems hopeless after enrage when an oracle marks you seemingly every second.  I realize when using the relic it has a pretty powerful melee kill.  

Got to Level 18 last night. Haven't been to Mars yet, but I'll get there.

Contemplated starting an alt to my Warlock, but I'm not sure which class I'd do. Not sure if it would change my playstyle much, either. I'm probably doing way to much melee killing with my Warlock, but the Warlock melee attack is so great.

I hate the Cryptarch.  I have gotten four Legendary Engram in the last few days and they have all downgraded to Blue items.  Naturally, the only time I have ever had a Blue Engram upgrade to a Legendary item was when I had a Blue Engram for a Hunter Cloak.....

....I had already spent Vanguard Marks and owned a Purple cloak already.

... asshole....

I maxed out Vanguard Marks for the week on Saturday morning and got the achievement.  I am about forty Crucible marks away from maxing out for the week, so I may go Crucible heavy this afternoon. I am going to save my Crucible marks until I am Rank 3 and burn them on Legendary Weapons.

I already have hate fuel for today's gameplay event since a rock hit my car this morning and I have a huge crack in my windshield.. 

Venus storyline is a wrap, so Mars, here I come... finally...